Weekly Debrief

DISCUSSION: Battlefield V: Firestorm

Comments

• GrinddalDDG
    393 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Can you roadkill with choppers tho? It would be worth a go just for that.

I can confirm, that yes, yes you can.
  • LEGATUS_SPQR
    379 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 25
    Khronikos wrote: »
    Yeah, it honestly doesn't even sound fun. Apex is great with a trio because there really isn't much camping. TTK is pretty high, but you can melt people when upgraded.

Honestly, if this is the same TTK as the base game good luck lol.

Firestorm is garbage compared to Apex. You cannot give a BR mode to an audience who are not able to play BR games as they are meant to be played. The same dude who was camping in the antenna tower, 3 minutes earlier was camping inside a shaft.

Yes the TTK is pretty much the same. Only thing that is changing is the recoil of the weapons. At level 1 they are pretty crude, even the Sten level 1 has strong recoil. Level 3 weapons have easier controllable recoils, exactly as the weapons in base game.

Can you roadkill with choppers tho? It would be worth a go just for that.

Choppers dont have their own weapons. But i think passengers can shoot down using their own. Choppers are easy targets especially when they fly low. You can take one down without using artillery or vehicles or rockets of any sort.
  • crabman169
    12841 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Umm the stats are seperate; go to your profile tab
  • LEGATUS_SPQR
    Short range anyone is using shotguns, they melt people even wearing armour. Long range they use scoped rifles as it was predictable.

In 5 consecutive games i played, the only one who was moving was me. When people find their weapon of choice, they just prone or camp and wait there even for 15 minutes long.

I spectated alot of people and they never moved from their spots. Jut waiting there for someone passing by in the distance.

Im alrrady bored with this Firestorm. The reason i left BF5 was campers and cheaters. Good to see im meeting the same campers. Time to move on to another game.
  • ShadoWawker
    40 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I cant believe the current system that is in place after you kill someone and their loot drops scattered on the ground like how was this able to pass any phase of testing?

Its literally ridiculous to look at a pile of stuff trying to pick out an item you want often i literally cant even get it because its right next to something or under something else

Not to mention the fact that nothing is categorized so i cant just sort through it and find what im looking for quickly and move. Looting dead bodies takes way too long and is way too frustrating and then at the end i sometimes cant even pick up what i want its a mess

Other than that the mode is pretty fun but this is a serious and very obvious issue that needs addressing like within a few days tops

It cant be hard to implement a bag system like they have in blackout or apex or pubg that is a standard feature in first person battle royale games
  • GP-Caliber
    644 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    crabman169 wrote: »

not on bftracker?
  • TropicPoison
    2414 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    They went the Borderlands route of everything going everywhere like a terrible loot pinata? except that it actually works in Borderlands because it's a pve game.
  • Violent_Rumble
    341 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Does anyone know how to do it, I can't seem to work out what button it is on pc.
    Cheers
  • LEGATUS_SPQR
    Do you people just not have any idea how Battle Royale works?

You do not have to play every single shooter as a headless freaking chicken.

I love how this screenshot literally tells us nothing; he has higher ground whoppy doo. Because no one in the history of video gaming has ever tried to get higher ground to gain the advantage. The firstorm is incoming, 23 people left and the dude is outside the next circle.
    Khronikos wrote: »
    Yeah, it honestly doesn't even sound fun. Apex is great with a trio because there really isn't much camping. TTK is pretty high, but you can melt people when upgraded.

Honestly, if this is the same TTK as the base game good luck lol.

Lol apex is full of camping too especially with all the little nooks and crannies plus areas only pathfinder can get to. There's also the balloons which can let you get to areas you others wouldnt be able too

You high?

In Apex the only campers you encounter are towards the end of the game, mainly when you have 3v3 or 2v2

Yes, the screenshot does not tell you nothing, apart the fact that i spectated the guy and he never moved from his spot for 15 minutes long after he found a sniper rifle. And i spectated all the other guys who killed me in the other games and they never moved from their original spot ether.

whats the point of moving when you just land in the middle of the map, pick up a random sniper rifle and wait there for all game long?

Firestorm is a disappointment and will be a huge flop. I dont see any major Twitch streamers playing this for more than 2 days long, if only for the first day because it's new stuff. And then get will immediately back to Apex because Firestorm is crap.
  • SirTerrible
    1699 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    So far I haven't noticed an issue with campers to my surprise. The bullet sponge TTK makes turning around and outgunning campers pretty easy.
  • LEGATUS_SPQR
    And how exactly is this one screenshot supposed to indicate that Firestorm is riddled with campers?

Perhaps because out of 15 people i spectated, all 15 camped for more than 15 mins long after they found a sniper rifle or a MG? Is this a good answer for you?
  • NuthinButSteel
    148 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    And how exactly is this one screenshot supposed to indicate that Firestorm is riddled with campers?

Perhaps because out of 15 people i spectated, all 15 camped for more than 15 mins long after they found a sniper rifle or a MG? Is this a good answer for you?

Then show us screenshots or video evidence that all 15 people were camping because right now Im having a very hard time believing you.
  • mf_shro0m
    1452 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    GP-Caliber wrote: »

not on bftracker?

I wouldn’t be surprised if bftracker’s waiting to be updated
  • TropicPoison
    2414 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I saw someone say they got killed by an AP mine that's enough for me to know I would hate it with cheap bs like that, besides the fact that I didn't like it already because it's BR.
  • mf_shro0m
    1452 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Sometimes I’ll be the only one left in my squad and everyone else will have left the game. When this happens, the lack of team chat means that you have to completely lone wolf the rest of the game.
    When a squad is down to one or two people the squad leader should have the option of fusing his/her squad with another squad that has space
  • Gravlar_SN9
    267 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Kinda defeats the point of last one standing.
  • LEGATUS_SPQR

Then show us screenshots or video evidence that all 15 people were camping because right now Im having a very hard time believing you.

Are you for real?

First of all, you cannot spectate all the players at the same time, but only the one who killed you. And the ones who killed me were ALL camping.

Why should i do that? Lose hours of my time to censor their names in the video editor? Remember right that this forum has a no name and shame policy right?

And even if i lose my time to show you evidences, you hardly will change your mind anyway.

So it's a lose-lose for me. Sorry