Weekly Debrief

DISCUSSION: Battlefield V: Firestorm

Comments

• CloneTrooperCT
    244 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Wow! I knew Firestorm was going to be boring, but I had no idea that once you die, you have to sit there and wait for the entire game to end before you can play again. I don't want to hear you wasting 20 minutes wandering around looking for weapons and ammo without seeing any enemies, but once you die, you have to wait 30 minutes or more before you can start another game. This is the most boring game I've ever played in my entire life, and I've played a lot of games. What am I missing? Why do people like this?

It looks like you never played or watch a battle royal game 🤣
  • von_Campenstein
    6568 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    In all likelyhood you're wrong, the most boring game you've ever played you would not remember, this is just the last boring game you played. I'm struggling to recall any boring games myself and the closest I come is The Bureau X-Com Declassified, stylish for sure but too shallow.
  • Kayback
    367 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I struggle to find any servers is Africa. Like one Conquest with 10 people trying to join
  • woba42
    41 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Well being able to shoot a weapon when knocked doesn't really come in handy when you already get finished off before the animation kicks in haha
  • Skitelz7
    925 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Will South America have Firestorm Server?
    I'm from Brazil, I play on Xbox One, ping is in the range of 132ms
    I appreciate any information.

I would also like an answer on this. Firestorm seems fun as hell but not when you get put into servers with 150+ ping.
  • JacquesHuysamen
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If we could get a big group of people to all try and join Firestorm games at a certain time we can see if there are any SA servers available?
  • Xephic_Za
    53 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm SA based, and been playing on EU from the start, so used to the latency since BF3, WOW and so on, should give it a try from time to time to get used to it. Without RSP SA won't have enough players online to force a SA server to popup.
  • Jamesonoid
    406 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The looting system needs to be improved. When multiple enemies die close together it's a chaotic mess to find anything and pick it up. A weapon might be on top of an ammo type and it's hard to select one. A loot box would be nice, or some way where the loot kinda separates its self on the ground.

I was playing with one friend in squads, and multiple times we were put into the match without other squadmates. So the two of us were fighting against squads of four.

I would prefer weapon attachments to be something you can equip or remove, and not tied to weapon rarity. Some sights I don't like, and most often I would prefer irons, but if I find a weapon with a sight I'm stuck with it.
  • Kayback
    367 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    There have been decent RSA servers from BF2 till now. I only struggled to find BFV ones. But it seems like no matter what I select the server list is empty.

dC1hUiA.jpg
    Iovq385.jpg
  • GP-Caliber
    644 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    i can confirm that spm and kd does track your general stats in game. pretty lame tbh.
  • BIO30NGclankillr
    45 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 25
    If it is not a local server when joining just leave and keep searching till we find a local server. Playing squad mode btw

But there is no point if the game isn't trying to group players from the same region into a local server. I have noticed that I get teamed up with local squad mates almost every time I try
  • Catsonspeeed
    612 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I don't care about my stats, I don't care about other players stats, and they don't care about my stats. So what's the problem.
  • HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Like perhaps the ttk bug shining through maybe?
  • kohagan1942
    54 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    crabman169 wrote: »
    Do you people just not have any idea how Battle Royale works?

You do not have to play every single shooter as a headless freaking chicken.

I love how this screenshot literally tells us nothing; he has higher ground whoppy doo. Because no one in the history of video gaming has ever tried to get higher ground to gain the advantage. The firstorm is incoming, 23 people left and the dude is outside the next circle.
    Khronikos wrote: »
    Yeah, it honestly doesn't even sound fun. Apex is great with a trio because there really isn't much camping. TTK is pretty high, but you can melt people when upgraded.

Honestly, if this is the same TTK as the base game good luck lol.

Lol apex is full of camping too especially with all the little nooks and crannies plus areas only pathfinder can get to. There's also the balloons which can let you get to areas you others wouldnt be able too

Exactly this.
  • GP-Caliber
    644 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I don't care about my stats, I don't care about other players stats, and they don't care about my stats. So what's the problem.

its fun to track for progression.
  • BIO30NGclankillr
    45 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 25
    Kayback wrote: »
    There have been decent RSA servers from BF2 till now. I only struggled to find BFV ones. But it seems like no matter what I select the server list is empty.

I just search for Africa as filter and seems to work unless it is really late and everyone is sleeping. Also everyone is busy playing firestorm right now

We need an option to join firestorm servers only in our specific regions that way it will keep a local server/s full without dividing the local player base to servers located in other regions
  • DALLAS-ak-PEIPER
    456 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    CidJc wrote: »
    FIRESTORM does not belong to Battlefield! The worst you put in there !!!

Well, since today, it's a thing. Sadly well have to live with that.
  • HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It factually belongs to BF.. lol
  • Donidon
    56 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Firestorm duo NOW!! plz.
    two player mode is the most played BR mode. I quit firestorm, it makes no sense to play if you are only two people.
  • HardAimedKid
    edited March 25
    Double post