DISCUSSION: Battlefield V: Firestorm

Comments

• stiny1838
    263 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 25
    Donidon wrote: »
    Firestorm duo NOW!! plz.
    two player mode is the most played BR mode. I quit firestorm, it makes no sense to play if you are only two people.

then play as a squad NOW!!!!!! then go off with your friend and do your own thing.
  • HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    People don’t zerg at me every 12 seconds, campers.
  • Catsonspeeed
    612 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    GP-Caliber wrote: »
    I don't care about my stats, I don't care about other players stats, and they don't care about my stats. So what's the problem.

its fun to track for progression.

I see. But every game mode has a different impact on different stats. You can't possibly have as high KPM playing Conquest compared to Domination or TDM and so on. Maybe all the game modes should have separate stats. I would love to see service stars for weapons and vehicles though.
  • banani2804
    13 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Watch out this is no joke: after playing 6 hours of Firestorm I must admit it is much better than I thought it would be. But then again: I see the map already getting a bit old (like I said: no joke), so can we expect more to come soon? Maybe a desert map?
  • Jamesonoid
    406 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Duos is coming in Chapter 3 Trial by Fire sometime between now and June. Demanding isn't going to do you any favors.

Per Jeff Braddock. https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/183527/battlefield-v-2019-roadmap-and-the-return-of-dev-talks/p1

Chapter 3 - Trial by Fire
    New Map - Mercury (based on Operation Mercury)
    New Mode - Outpost (we're waiting on some more content to go live that talks about this in more detail. Will come back and update this thread when it's live!)
    Updates to Combined Arms, bringing new matchmaking, hardcore mode, and two missions on Fjell
    Introduction of Duos to Firestorm
    Read more about Chapter 3 HERE
  • Catsonspeeed
    612 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    And the Duos was the very thing I was excited about Firestorm. Of course they had to leave it for later. Hghh.
  • YourLocalPlumber
    2808 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 25
    Another stupid decision in BF5 that has no explanation whatsoever. Are they trying to beat some kind of record with Bf5 or something?
  • ShadoWawker
    40 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Honestly its a good mode ill be playing this more than regular multiplayer

It needs some refinement but overall pretty fun
  • Catsonspeeed
    I like it. And thats all that matters ;)
  • CHAMMOND1992
    1093 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Well this thread backfired pretty heavily.
  • Catsonspeeed
    Desert? Yes...... only dunes, nothing more, small dunes, big dunes, medium dunes... yes yes... sounds excellent!
  • anken555
    53 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The map is huge and really beautiful, but 64 players is not enough. Any plans for increase the number of players to 100 ?
  • Tip_the_Cap
    181 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Nothing has been said about new FS maps. I think more here want base game maps instead of more FS maps on release day...

Ummm, yea.
  • ragnarok013
    3065 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    I haven't played Firestorm yet but I've played two other BRs and from my experience the ones I've played have been hide in the bushes simulators until the map forces you to move. Honest question, did you expect the core BR gameplay in Firestorm to be drastically different from other BRs in the genre because it was part of a Battlefield title?
  • Head3masher
    1420 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Still not tried it today either dude.
  • JacquesHuysamen
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Kayback wrote: »
    There have been decent RSA servers from BF2 till now. I only struggled to find BFV ones. But it seems like no matter what I select the server list is empty.

I just search for Africa as filter and seems to work unless it is really late and everyone is sleeping. Also everyone is busy playing firestorm right now

We need an option to join firestorm servers only in our specific regions that way it will keep a local server/s full without dividing the local player base to servers located in other regions

We will probably get that next year
  • Woodlbrad
    617 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 25
    I had fun playing firestorm my only gripe is the loot gets messy making it harder to loot specific things and I'm not getting any company coin.
    Post edited by Woodlbrad on
  • GP-Caliber
    643 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    GP-Caliber wrote: »
    I don't care about my stats, I don't care about other players stats, and they don't care about my stats. So what's the problem.

its fun to track for progression.

I see. But every game mode has a different impact on different stats. You can't possibly have as high KPM playing Conquest compared to Domination or TDM and so on. Maybe all the game modes should have separate stats. I would love to see service stars for weapons and vehicles though.

thats true but firestorm impacts these stats far more than conquest vs tdm.