DISCUSSION: Battlefield V: Firestorm

Comments

• Kattegat_Twin
    856 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    OP, are you an idiot? There's a quit button when you die. You don't have to stay and wait.
  • GamlingenTV
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The looting gotta change. Make it happen fast please. Can't for the life of me figure out it wasn't pointed out earlier in development. Also the sound is weird. Very often the sounds you yourself make sounds like they come a little bit to late and not where you're standing. Fix that and it's gonna be awesome.
  • JohanSNemesis
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Xephic_Za wrote: »
    I'm SA based, and been playing on EU from the start, so used to the latency since BF3, WOW and so on, should give it a try from time to time to get used to it. Without RSP SA won't have enough players online to force a SA server to popup.

you should try joining a SA server and feel the difference the Ping makes to your game ,
    I also played on EU servers since BF4 but they always seem to be one step ahead of me .
    Playing BFV and BF4 on a SA server really makes a difference in your gaming experience .
    On Playstation i found it better probably because the other players have to struggle to play with the controller aswell so that makes it a bit fairer but lets face the facts on PC's the guys destroy each other because of reaction speed.
  • JohanSNemesis
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I hope BFV will also have one or two Firestorm servers for South Africa as that would make gameplay much more enjoyable and fun. They should also make Firestorm a gameplay mode so that you can search which server you want to join.
  • Harrahh
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Basically, I'm finding the whole inventory system very confusing and have no idea how to apply my armour. Can anyone help me out? I'm on ps4
  • Halcyon_Creed_N7
    1545 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Isn't the whole point of a Battle Royale game to learn the map really well and get good at predicting player movements and tactics? Most BR games only have the 1 map, and PUBG has 2 or 3, but it's been out for years. Also, the mode's been out for less than 24 hours at this point, and they do that rotating system that cuts off 1/3 of the map from the beginning to make each match different, and you're already demanding more maps?

Personally I'd rather they just drop Firestorm altogether and focus on improving the real game that most players bought BFV for.

It also just doesn't appeal to me at all. I've played one match of Fortnite ever, spent 10 minutes collecting and building just to get shot and have it be over with. Can someone explain to me the appeal of that?
  • ShadoWawker
    52 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Left or right on d pad depending on which slot its it

• GrumbleSG9
    249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Desert? Yes...... only dunes, nothing more, small dunes, big dunes, medium dunes... yes yes... sounds excellent!

This made me think of the movie Tremors for some reason. I want a version of Battlefield that has Graboids bursting out of the ground to maul people. It could be a squad reinforcement! Urh mah gerd! I wanna call in a Graboid! It doesn't fit in with WW2 but meh. Next Battlefield needs gigantic killing monsters that terrorise us whilst we fight over objectives.
  • NastySix
    107 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I once played a game named "Blackhawk down" from Novalogic...best game ever but I have to say this, people "demand" everything that they want in their game these days..

So you got your game and it is what it is thus play it and be Happy or just ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ öff and find something else to do or play!!

Maybe I'm to old (43) and not understand what this is all about but...you (we) paid for a game and play...what "they" do with it is Not our Problem or have a say in it.

When you do NOT like it...well move the ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ on and leave the Rest Alone..

These frikin try hards ruin it for everyone...
  • mrtwotimes
    823 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Anything in response would just be continued unneeded whining.....not surprising.
  • GrumbleSG9
    249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Sk1lld wrote: »
    You respond to an advertisement, go to the store and make your purchase, only after you get it home do you find that, the product you purchased transforms into something you never wanted.
    Is this not a classic bait and switch?
    I wanted a Battlefield game, I can get free BR games that have adequate anti cheats. And are free. I understand why people may be upset.
    Just saying.

Did your version of BFV not come with Conquest, Domination, TDM, Frontlines, Breakthrough and Grand Ops? That's bizarre, you should definitely look in to getting a refund.
  • iFistyoSis
    1129 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Is there a reason that not all the base game weapons made it into firestorm?
  • Cpt_Blitz_26
    294 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The only thing I found weird in my first 2 games with solo was that I didn't find a single AT weapon, yet both times died to a Vehicle.

Not going to rush to any judgments as it was a tiny sample size but I DID fear vehicles would be too strong in this mode... hope I'm wrong.
  • Cpt_Blitz_26
    Most of us are at work. Wait until tonight when everybody can download and play it :)

I'm on PC though. Average wait 4 hours after launch (7:00am MST) was 2-3 mins... not that bad honestly.
  • TiMEvBoMB
    139 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Also feels unrewarding when you win.

Kill last enemy than delay..............You Came 1st? :# Who thinks up this stuff?
  • PoppaPappo
    241 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Left or right on d pad depending on which slot its it

This, but then you have to press r2 (right trigger) to actually apply it. The dpad just puts it in your hand.
  • Cpt_Blitz_26
    woba42 wrote: »
    What do you mean solo :D you die instantly when you play solo, im sure you know this but we aren't understanding eachother :D just when you get knocked down, the camera goes to your feet and all that, no time to shoot a pistol then, he can just finish you off in all this time

You're not supposed to be able to immediately fire back after someone knocked you down...

They should have the advantage of finishing you off... having the pistol is a mere bonus if they decide to reload or engage in another fight.

Pretty sure this was intended as other BRs don't allow this feature, and it's more for balance.
  • Maun0_Mato
    45 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Also want to point out that the level 2 Kar98k scope zoom has the resolution of a rotten potato, wtf?
  • BIO30NGclankillr
    45 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2019
    I hope BFV will also have one or two Firestorm servers for South Africa as that would make gameplay much more enjoyable and fun. They should also make Firestorm a gameplay mode so that you can search which server you want to join.

We are screwed tbh. All the players get ejected from the server once the round ends, and lets say the queue was full that would have to be based off of game progress and not player count leaving only a max of 10 in the queue that will go into the next round and the rest will have to rejoin again.

If it was based on player count once the game ends the server will aswell and everyone in queue would get kicked xD
    Post edited by BIO30NGclankillr on
This discussion has been closed.