DISCUSSION: Battlefield V: Firestorm

Comments

• Skitelz7
    980 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I just want local servers =/
    Playing with 150+ ping sucks
  • Minigun991
    133 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This is the first BR gamemode i tried, and I gotta say, I’m glad I didn’t get into it. Battle royal is just not for me.

But I’m not biased, so I decided to try fortnite and Apex to see how firestorm matches up.

It’s nothing to keep the game going. It doesn’t stand out at anything besides the graphics and vehicles. Instead of 100 players they went for 64. Seems like a safe move.

All in all, it’s nothing groundbreaking. I wouldn’t buy this just for the BR mode, when there is free to play games that do it better.

It’s not going to keep the game alive. The core game really needs to be fixed up and improved.
  • SirBobdk
    5315 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2019
    CSO7777 wrote: »
    SirBobdk wrote: »
    And by the time they have fixed all the bugs and new content we will have another new unfinished BF6 and the story will repeat it self.
    Hopefully EA has learned a lot from the launch of BFV (disaster) and the launch of Apex Legends (perfect).

They did it right with BF1 (took the time and delivered a finished product), why they failed afterwards is really strange.
    They spend 3 years in making BF1. I would guess 2 years was to little for BFV.
  • Harrahh
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    NastySix wrote: »
    Well then....move on..cya...don't want to be ya..

K.

Apex is also a hard contender for Firestorm. The game just works so well and is so polished.

But the gun-play in Apex is pretty bad compared to the gun-play in BFV. For me, not having things like uniform soldier aiming and a TTK that is extremely high is the only annoying thing about Apex, everything else is more or less just "perfect". The movement, ping-system and general teamplay is the better than the average BF-game by far.

If Criterion/Dice can get Firestorm more polished and perhaps a ping-system like Apex, then it could be as fun as Apex.

I agree that they could polish it up. The base game has finally got a decent level of polish, but I can't help but feel that I would have rather they put the effort into making a better base game than jumping on the BR wagon and producing two less than finished game/gamemodes.

• BIO30NGclankillr
    45 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2019
    How are players with 200+ ping going to be able to finish the firestorm assignments?

Why not instead of putting us into the closest region just create a new local server in that players region when a player or squad tries to use matchmaking from regions experiencing high ping?
    Post edited by BIO30NGclankillr on
  • sabootheshaman
    1259 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I just logged on to the forums to see the usual suspects all creating individual threads about how awful firestorm is. I needed salt with my breakfast. Thanks Fam!!!
  • LankRich
    115 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I wasn't anticipating a lot from this game mode and I personally think it's not what Battlefield is/ was about (Battleroyale).

However, being one of the main selling points of the game, I was enthusiastic to try it out.
    So far, I'm really disappointed with it. The mechanics and the gameplay don't feel refined and I honestly don't think this game mode has the capacity to draw players in, new or old.

A few problems which I've already seen:

-A really petty dig, but the character selection at the start: Why are they standing there like they're about to do 10 rounds in the ring? It's a WW2 game, not WWE.

-The sky diving animation doesn't look nice: The hands shake like my dog does when it takes a dump. Offering 3rd person would give better visibility on potential threats when choosing where to land.

-Playing with friends: About 4 out of 5 games we attempted, resulted in someone getting kicked, or someone receiving an error. This meant we had to re-invite the player and wait another 5 minutes until it found us a game.

-Finding a game in general: It takes way too long. Is this from a lack of servers or players? I play on PS4 and have relatively good internet at my house; so it's not a connection issue. When it takes longer than 3 minutes to find a game, you immediately start to lose interest in playing.

-HUD: The HUD is horrible. Showing the entire content of your backpack doesn't simplify playing- it clutters the screen and can definitely be more streamlined.

-Loot boxes: Why do they throw the contents over the floor when you open them? It just makes things more complicated having pick items up off the floor and makes you a target when doing so.

-Visibility of picking things off the ground: Either logos or the clarity of items could be bigger to help make it easier. At the moment you have to get right up close to the items to see what they are.

-Weapons: Why are they coming with attachments already on them? It would be a much better approach to be able to pick up attachments and add them to your chosen weapon, that way you could adapt it to your own needs (like the Apex approach). For instance, the Level 3 KAR-98 automatically comes with a x3 scope on it, which defeats the idea of it being a long range rifle.

-Accessing backpack/ Inventory: Awful. Compared to the other Battleroyale games, this feels clunky and slow and is hard to navigate. Again this could be more streamlined. I also found that it messed with my button binding that I had created; by accessing the backpack, it changes my weapon fire rate/ zeroing in on weapons.

-Fuel for vehicles: Why? Since when has this become a thing.

-Accuracy of the interaction button: I found that when picking things off the floor near an interactive object such as a door, the door will either open or close behind me without my actually selecting it.

-Ping: Pinging targets or areas for your teammates could be revisited and worked on. At the moment it feels obsolete and doesn't offer much of an advantage.

-Pointless animations: The most irritating of these is the armour plating switch. Why the need to throw it in the air like a frisbee and catch it? Just open it open and stick it in. It doesn't look good.

With all this being said, I still enjoy playing the normal multiplayer mode in Battlefield. It is getting better and I think there a few good things from Battleroyale mode which can be implemented into the multiplayer.

-I like the German deployment plane, this need to be added to the German side when attacking in Grand Operations.

-Switches / interactive buttons that change elements of the game. Having scenery or things on the map that can change from player interaction was really great in Battlefield 4. Battleroyale has small features like this, but it would be great to see it return to the main multiplayer.

-This is really simple, but I love the hanger at the beginning when it turns dark and the red alarm comes on. If there was a map that could replicate this type of setting in the multiplayer, it would be visually stunning.

-The abundance of vehicles. The main multiplayer could do with more vehicles scattered around the map!

• ReignerDeustcher
    132 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    people are mad just because they want to be mad, and can't accept what they are given, and don't appreciate the work DICE is doing recrifying the unfortunate, and ultimately unavoidable problems that these said people have been complaining about repeatedly.

Fixed that for you :blush:

oh, well, i just found a DICE employee....
  • 0KNMDM
    165 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2019
    deleted
    Post edited by 0KNMDM on
  • sabootheshaman
    1259 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    GrumbleSG9 wrote: »
    The only thing I found weird in my first 2 games with solo was that I didn't find a single AT weapon, yet both times died to a Vehicle.

Not going to rush to any judgments as it was a tiny sample size but I DID fear vehicles would be too strong in this mode... hope I'm wrong.

I landed right beside one of the tank bunkers in my solo playthrough. The tank starts losing health so you only have it for a limited time, or at least that was my understanding of it. I was mostly a dear stuck in headlights the whole time so not much sank in.
    This was me in a nutshell...
    "WTF is this? What do I do? Oooh a bunker! What the heck? How do I open … oh right … turn these wheels on either side of the doors. Oh, ok. Wait, I need weapons. Mmm... STG and a shotgun and some sort of call-in for a vehicle ... they will come in handy. Right, back to getting that tank. Let's take her out for a spin. Oh dear. Is my tank dying? Ahhh...it is … I'm on foot and feel exposed … oh crap oh crap oh crap. Oh wait, call-in vehicle. Ah, back in a vehicle. Yep. I'm dead. That seems about right. Now let's watch this guy kill everyone else like the Rambo/Chuck Norris hybrid that he is."
    It’s fuel, but don’t let the truth and your inability to play the game get in the way of a good story(more a rambling incoherent vomit)
  • Ernie_Shavers
    131 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Firestorm is very sluggish for a BR game. Movement, gameplay, switching and equipping weapons/gadgets/armor. It feels very dated and sluggish compared to the other BR games that are out there.

It just doesn't work very well. It's the old forcing a square peg into a round hole deal.

I'm not impressed by DICE's performance. Hopefully this ridiculous attempt at a money grab is out of their system.

• SpejsXmonkeY
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    EliteLima wrote: »
    The ammount of people complaining with this mode is absurd.
    People are complaining like they are FORCED to play this mode?

WTF are you? Do you need attention? Do you suffer from Histrionic personality disorder? GTFO and go play conquest and stop crying.

The only thing that is wrong with this mode is the fact that when you kill someone their loot scatter all over the place, making you lose plenty of time to get the loot you want, instead of BOXES liek PUBG etc.

Yes, this mode is not for you, CASUAL BF Player, this is for Battlefield players who also play BATTLE ROYALS, and if you wanna complain more, the best thing i got to say to you is, either go play your lovely conquest, or GIT GUD.

Sincerely.

Someone who is already tired of **** posts.

Im just tired of every update is killing my performance.

So i recently wanted to play bf agian now after the new update, i usually had 80fps steady and around, now im at 60 and dropping low in some situations to 54. And that is why im pissed, Firestorm just happend to be what launched and killed my performance with the changes made to it.
  • Jamesonoid
    409 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    banani2804 wrote: »
    Cropulus wrote: »
    How many maps do they need to design to keep the community happy if you are already asking for new maps six hours in the game? Serious question.

Weeell, maybe 2 maps to start with? I see you soon complaining about the map being already boring. I am just a bit ahead of you ;)

Edit: @EvilGoat_51: thanks for being constructive! But: for the base game we already know when to expect new maps. So some kind of commentary on this new gamemode would be much appreciated. And since it isn't DICE that is working on Firestorm it does not interfere with base game.

We do, but they are still a little ways off. If I'm not mistaken, we were supposed to see the Greece map in March, which is now May. That'll be 6 months after launch, with 1 map(Panzerstorm) added post launch, and I think Panzerstorm was supposed to be part of the base game, but couldn't make it in time. I may be wrong on that.

We won't see any commentary on the future of FS on launch day. I think EA/Criterion is going to look at how it does before we get any word on what's coming(soon™).

Even though DICE is working on the base game and Criterion is working on FS we don't know how EA is allocating resources between them. Just because it is two developers doesn't mean the success/failure of one does not impact the other.

I don't speak for anyone here, but I think most veteran BF players value base game(Conquest, Rush, etc.) over a pop up game mode that is quite different from the core Battlefield experience.
  • SupremeAzsoul
    332 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I just logged on to the forums to see the usual suspects all creating individual threads about how awful firestorm is. I needed salt with my breakfast. Thanks Fam!!!

Wow, How original.
  • iFistyoSis
    1129 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Thanks for letting me know. Now i can sleep better.
  • iFistyoSis
    1129 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Confirmed by who?
  • Oio89i77y6yu
    56 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Get rid of the armor, this is bf not cod blackout garbage. Also where the f*** is the games?? 0 games found for over an hour. Disgusting release
  • Oio89i77y6yu
    56 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Get rid of the armor, this is bf not cod blackout garbage. Also where the f*** is the games?? 0 games found for over an hour. Disgusting release
  • GrumbleSG9
    249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It’s fuel, but don’t let the truth and your inability to play the game get in the way of a good story(more a rambling incoherent vomit)

Aah, fuel. That makes much more sense. And you are right, I'm terrible at BR. I thought that was clear from my rambling incoherent vomit that started with "I was mostly a dear stuck in headlights...so not much sank in."

Thanks for your input though, you were very helpful. ;)
  • TiMEvBoMB
    139 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2019
    Harrahh wrote: »
    NastySix wrote: »
    Well then....move on..cya...don't want to be ya..

K.

Apex is also a hard contender for Firestorm. The game just works so well and is so polished.

But the gun-play in Apex is pretty bad compared to the gun-play in BFV. For me, not having things like uniform soldier aiming and a TTK that is extremely high is the only annoying thing about Apex, everything else is more or less just "perfect". The movement, ping-system and general teamplay is the better than the average BF-game by far.

If Criterion/Dice can get Firestorm more polished and perhaps a ping-system like Apex, then it could be as fun as Apex.

I agree that they could polish it up. The base game has finally got a decent level of polish, but I can't help but feel that I would have rather they put the effort into making a better base game than jumping on the BR wagon and producing two less than finished game/gamemodes.

Firestorm should have released as a stand alone BR like Apex. I'm afraid even if I still like Firestorm weeks from now it will be a dead Gamemode with such low sales to BFV and lots of people that generally just lost interest and won't come back.
This discussion has been closed.