DISCUSSION: Battlefield V: Firestorm

Comments

• TiMEvBoMB
    139 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 25
    Harrahh wrote: »
    NastySix wrote: »
    Well then....move on..cya...don't want to be ya..

K.

CSO7777 wrote: »
    Apex is also a hard contender for Firestorm. The game just works so well and is so polished.

But the gun-play in Apex is pretty bad compared to the gun-play in BFV. For me, not having things like uniform soldier aiming and a TTK that is extremely high is the only annoying thing about Apex, everything else is more or less just "perfect". The movement, ping-system and general teamplay is the better than the average BF-game by far.

If Criterion/Dice can get Firestorm more polished and perhaps a ping-system like Apex, then it could be as fun as Apex.

I agree that they could polish it up. The base game has finally got a decent level of polish, but I can't help but feel that I would have rather they put the effort into making a better base game than jumping on the BR wagon and producing two less than finished game/gamemodes.

Firestorm should have released as a stand alone BR like Apex. I'm afraid even if I still like Firestorm weeks from now it will be a dead Gamemode with such low sales to BFV and lots of people that generally just lost interest and won't come back.
  • oXxDarknessxXo
    61 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Agree
  • HawkeyeAM47
    1282 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Well, sad to say, but were theres money to be made, and COD is doing the same of course Battlefield will jump in
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1343 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 25
    How any one can find Firestorm fun is beyond me. Truly abhorrent game mode. BR simply is nasty - shame on Criterion / EA / DICE for putting it in the game.

Back to Conquest ;)
  • Oio89i77y6yu
    56 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    S*** loot, death loot system, no games or wait 5min each game (one hour still no games), armor plates make people bullet sponges, this br is the worst br Ive ever played... Fix it.. 🙄
  • NastySix
    101 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Harrahh wrote: »
    Well then....move on..cya...don't want to be ya..

K.

CSO7777 wrote: »
    Apex is also a hard contender for Firestorm. The game just works so well and is so polished.

But the gun-play in Apex is pretty bad compared to the gun-play in BFV. For me, not having things like uniform soldier aiming and a TTK that is extremely high is the only annoying thing about Apex, everything else is more or less just "perfect". The movement, ping-system and general teamplay is the better than the average BF-game by far.

If Criterion/Dice can get Firestorm more polished and perhaps a ping-system like Apex, then it could be as fun as Apex.

I agree that they could polish it up. The base game has finally got a decent level of polish, but I can't help but feel that I would have rather they put the effort into making a better base game than jumping on the BR wagon and producing two less than finished game/gamemodes.

K.

The "base" is good maybe better...it's just that These generations expect "want" more....

I just want to say or tell These kids..**** and play and stop "demanding" for something you didn't pay for. They buy EA and do what you want....You got
    A game...play it or leave it but do NOT expect them to turn around bc some crywolfs are being hurt in their Gameplay..
  • Woodlbrad
    531 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    V1 rocket is op.
  • stewys1992
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Worst br so far, clunky .. terrible loot...1hour wait for a game still no games 🤣

Totally agree played 5 games and I'm already going back to pubg😴😴
  • JerexDD
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What happend with SA servers??
  • MBT_Layzan
    1392 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm not to clued up on BR and the independent team who made it right? I read here that it's a different team on it. I'm happy for people enjoying it.

But for me, seeing the condition of BFV not BR, and what this latest patch has done adding more bugs and horrible hit detection/content or lack of makes me disappointed to say the least. Focus aimed within this game even though it's another team, forgive me if I'm wrong here. When the core, the thing they got so right for so long give or take is a mess and could effect the future of this title in a negative way.

It's as though they took on too much, too many new ideas and changes when they didn't need to happen. Too much attention on trying to get as many bums on seats at the expense of a quality product.

I'd had hope, a different team like the one who made BR, would have been brought in to make the actual BF game better. Like a team working on making the game run smooth as silk, and testing things out probably before including them. Making amazing maps and game modes.
  • badbenson
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 25
    1. make specate 1st person (or add the option). lame to watch, clunky, hard on the eyes, not intense and entertaining to follow your team mates' journey, exploitable (looking over walls). also pretty lazy to just use the respawn camera from the main game.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________
    2. i like looting in general but there needs to be an additional optional UI with a simple list of things in proximity. this gets impossible with too many items. very weird decision to have it just like that.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
    3. the win screen is a major letdown. kind of mind blowing how lame it is. headshot UI is more rewarding than winning the whole game. we need medals to pop up, epic music, maybe a nice camera animation. something, you know, less lazy.

4. firestorm visibility is something i noticed. overall i love how harsh and dangerous the storm is but having a wall that blocks too much has proven to be a problem with grief kills by **** players left behind to die in the storm in pubg (was reversed thankfully). but this is just from a few games. might be to early to judge and need to look at it more closely.

5. what's up with never having a scoped sniper?! needs rebalance. waste of this great terrain made for long range engagements

overall i love the pacing. i love having bfV gunplay in a BR. the vehicles are refreshing. having destructable buildings could turn out to be amazing. lots of potential. i just feel like it seems pretty lazy overall. not surprised since the main game seems rushed too and has pretty bad UI and stuff but i'm still a little surprised.

it's great. just wish you'd try a little harder.
  • Maun0_Mato
    45 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Another issue, pop-in is unreal in this game, objects and even players pop-in/out randomly at certain ranges.
    When parachuting full squads appear out of nowhere 10 meters away from you.
  • Oio89i77y6yu
    56 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 25
    [profanity and vulgarity]
  • Marksman5147_ALT
    23 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    edited March 25
    GP-Caliber wrote: »
    I don't care about my stats, I don't care about other players stats, and they don't care about my stats. So what's the problem.

its fun to track for progression.

I see. But every game mode has a different impact on different stats. You can't possibly have as high KPM playing Conquest compared to Domination or TDM and so on. Maybe all the game modes should have separate stats. I would love to see service stars for weapons and vehicles though.

So you just agreed with me.
    I love tracking my progress, and "reading stats" is a legitmate thing you need to learn as you said everyones playstyle and effects differently, but MIXING Base game and BR stats is an *AWFUL* idea.

Ill disagree with your kpm comment tho, on BF1 I had a 4.5kpm on my guns I used for conquest and a 4-5kpm on all my smaller game modes guns... its more playstyle than you think.

BR is an entirely seperate entity, I want to know what my win % is and kd for BR, yet Dice of course just combines the stats to base game...

And yes no service stars was an awful idea aswell.
  • denni5ke
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    all this is because of the silly lag compensator they changed from 160 ping to 120. if they won't put me in an SA server the least they can do is remove the lag compensator
  • CfH_Lemmes
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    1. Remove the armor completely, its stupid as *** And annoying, especially when.you headshot a guy from miles away, only to see that you've broked his armor...frustrating.
    2. I agree on the loot mess when you killed someone and takes a long time to scavenge.
    3. Love the game, except on nr 1 and 2.
  • banani2804
    13 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I once played a game named "Blackhawk down" from Novalogic...best game ever but I have to say this, people "demand" everything that they want in their game these days..

I once saw a movie called Troll Hunter... I never demanded anything so please read first, think later.
  • SupremeAzsoul
    332 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Let me guess, Another bug. I honestly don't care about stats in BFV. It's been broken more or less since launch and means noting.
  • NastySix
    101 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    banani2804 wrote: »
    I once played a game named "Blackhawk down" from Novalogic...best game ever but I have to say this, people "demand" everything that they want in their game these days..

I once saw a movie called Troll Hunter... I never demanded anything so please read first, think later.

Aaah you were still sucking your mommies tit or playing Lego.. But back then...we enjoyed our Games and didn't 'demand" anything..
  • T0TALfps
    428 postsMember, EA Staff, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V
    We've forwarded this sentiment through to the team, thanks! :)