DISCUSSION: Battlefield V: Firestorm

Comments

  • Cpt_Blitz_26
    294 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2019
    TiMEvBoMB wrote: »
    Also feels unrewarding when you win.

    Kill last enemy than delay..............You Came 1st? :# Who thinks up this stuff?

    Because you literally CAME, in your pants 1st for winning?

    Or am I the only one this happens to haha :D:D:D

    But yeah would be nice if it had a better display or music or something haha
  • ReignerDeustcher
    132 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    people are not mad about being forced to play firestorm
    people are mad because that ammount of budget would be better spent in normal maps
  • HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Wow! I knew Firestorm was going to be boring, but I had no idea that once you die, you have to sit there and wait for the entire game to end before you can play again. I don't want to hear you wasting 20 minutes wandering around looking for weapons and ammo without seeing any enemies, but once you die, you have to wait 30 minutes or more before you can start another game. This is the most boring game I've ever played in my entire life, and I've played a lot of games. What am I missing? Why do people like this?

    You so “objectively” tried to play it even with an obvious preconceived notion and of course the game met your expectations by not letting you just simply “quit” after you had lost. Oh wait.. 🤦‍♀️
  • Xaiin
    postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2019
    Hey Guys

    Compiled an interactive map of Halvoy...
      https://gamermaps.net/map/battlefield-5/firestorm

        Basic Features
        • Create a squad and plot your location in pseudo real time for all squad members
        • Record POI or useful locations relavant to your squad in private toggle-able map layer.
        • Pseudo real time Squad markers
        • Squad planning and tactical tools
        • Measure tool (not sure values are accurate currently)
        • Flight Path tool (again, may not be accurate until I play some more games)

        Coming Soon
        • Vehicle Spawns (any help appreciated, please share any you find :))
        • Lock Box location
        • Anything deemed useful :)


        Cheers
        -Xaiin
      • GrumbleSG9
        249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
        For OP, I agree. It's not my cup of tea either ... I've only tried Firestorm once so I'll have to give a few more goes but the battle royale genre just isn't for me. It was strangely addictive watching the guy that killed me continue on, was rooting for him to win. I can certainly appreciate that many people out there will love that BF has a BR mode. Hopefully it will live up to their expectations and breathe some positivity and enthusiasm back into Battlefield.

        I disagree with your Coke Vs. Pepsi analogy - they both GOOD! Same with Club Orange vs. Fanta Orange, Club Lemon vs. Fanta Lemon. All GOOD! Drink 'em up! Sprite. GOOD! Lilt. GOOD! Tea - BEST THING EVER!
      • ChiefSniper
        182 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
        edited March 2019
        people are mad just because they want to be mad, and can't accept what they are given, and don't appreciate the work DICE is doing rectifying the unfortunate, and ultimately unavoidable problems that these said people have been complaining about repeatedly.

        Fixed that for you :blush:

        Post edited by ChiefSniper on
      • bran1986
        5860 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
        edited March 2019
        I will be trying it soon but the overall reaction has been pretty positive minus the looting system.
      • Harrahh
        21 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
        edited March 2019
        I just sat there for half an hour trying and trying again to find a game, atleast 4 out of 5 times, "an error occured" and I couldn't join with my squad. In a word, Firestorm is clunky. Coming from Apex to this is almost like going from ps4 to ps3 - a big step backwards. I was somewhat excited, now I'm just bitterly disappointed, however I'm not all that surprised anymore
      • ChiefSniper
        182 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
        edited March 2019
        thinking of reversing the charges and losing the account who gives a ****
        We don't. Bye! :) *waves*

      • NastySix
        107 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
        Harrahh wrote: »
        I just sat there for half an hour trying and trying again to find a game, atleast 4 out of 5 times, "an error occured" and I couldn't join with my squad. In a word, Firestorm is clunky. Coming from Apex to this is almost like going from ps4 to ps3 - a big step backwards. I was somewhat excited, now I'm just bitterly disappointed, however I'm not all that surprised anymore

        Well then....move on..cya...don't want to be ya..
      • PoppaPappo
        241 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
        The only thing I found weird in my first 2 games with solo was that I didn't find a single AT weapon, yet both times died to a Vehicle.

        Not going to rush to any judgments as it was a tiny sample size but I DID fear vehicles would be too strong in this mode... hope I'm wrong.

        I had the opposite. First couple matches all I could find for weapons in the beginning were Panzerfausts and AT Mines. I never even saw a vehicle until about 6 matches later.
      • Skitelz7
        980 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
        edited March 2019
        Being forced to play with 150+ ping completely breaks the game.
        I've given it multiple tries but to keep dying because of lag just doesn't work, especially when I play with a ping of 20 in the base game.
        It's pretty upsetting for them to hype up this game mode so much and on release not give us local servers.
        I'll wait until this server issue is resolved so I can try playing again.
        -10 points DICE
      • Halcyon_Creed_N7
        1506 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
        I love it when people make offensive complaint threads about complaints. Gives me a chuckle.

        People are complaining about Firestorm, because they feel like it doesn't belong in a Battlefield game AND because it took time and resources away from the CORE game. 5 months later and we have Firestorm, but no new maps, factions etc. If the game is light on content, and the only major new content is something no one asked for, of course people are going to be angry.

        Get over yourself, OP.
      • CSO7777
        1608 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
        people are not mad about being forced to play firestorm
        people are mad because that ammount of budget would be better spent in normal maps
        People think that more money equals more content. And also thinks that EA took money from Dice and put in Firestorm, thats just speculation.

        I think the main problem for Dice is a matter of too little time to finish the game. Because the game is not finished, they haven't had time for new content, and they are still (to this day) struggling to fix all the issues in the game.
      • Skitelz7
        980 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
        125-caio wrote: »
        I do not know if this matchmaking is not working or if it does not have SA servers, but it's getting impossible to play here like that. Fix this, please! #BRAZIL

        This.
        We need SA servers to play!
        It's unplayable with 150+ ping.
      • GrumbleSG9
        249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
        edited March 2019
        The only thing I found weird in my first 2 games with solo was that I didn't find a single AT weapon, yet both times died to a Vehicle.

        Not going to rush to any judgments as it was a tiny sample size but I DID fear vehicles would be too strong in this mode... hope I'm wrong.

        I landed right beside one of the tank bunkers in my solo playthrough. The tank starts losing health so you only have it for a limited time, or at least that was my understanding of it. I was mostly a dear stuck in headlights the whole time so not much sank in.
        This was me in a nutshell...
        "WTF is this? What do I do? Oooh a bunker! What the heck? How do I open … oh right … turn these wheels on either side of the doors. Oh, ok. Wait, I need weapons. Mmm... STG and a shotgun and some sort of call-in for a vehicle ... they will come in handy. Right, back to getting that tank. Let's take her out for a spin. Oh dear. Is my tank dying? Ahhh...it is … I'm on foot and feel exposed … oh crap oh crap oh crap. Oh wait, call-in vehicle. Ah, back in a vehicle. Yep. I'm dead. That seems about right. Now let's watch this guy kill everyone else like the Rambo/Chuck Norris hybrid that he is."
      • SirBobdk
        4750 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
        @cso7777 wrote
        I think the main problem for Dice is a matter of too little time to finish the game. Because the game is not finished, they haven't had time for new content, and they are still (to this day) struggling to fix all the issues in the game.
        And by the time they have fixed all the bugs and new content we will have another new unfinished BF6 and the story will repeat it self.
      • CSO7777
        1608 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
        Harrahh wrote: »
        I just sat there for half an hour trying and trying again to find a game, atleast 4 out of 5 times, "an error occured" and I couldn't join with my squad. In a word, Firestorm is clunky. Coming from Apex to this is almost like going from ps4 to ps3 - a big step backwards. I was somewhat excited, now I'm just bitterly disappointed, however I'm not all that surprised anymore
        Apex is also a hard contender for Firestorm. The game just works so well and is so polished.

        But the gun-play in Apex is pretty bad compared to the gun-play in BFV. For me, not having things like uniform soldier aiming and a TTK that is extremely high is the only annoying thing about Apex, everything else is more or less just "perfect". The movement, ping-system and general teamplay is the better than the average BF-game by far.

        If Criterion/Dice can get Firestorm more polished and perhaps a ping-system like Apex, then it could be as fun as Apex.
      • CSO7777
        1608 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
        SirBobdk wrote: »
        And by the time they have fixed all the bugs and new content we will have another new unfinished BF6 and the story will repeat it self.
        Hopefully EA has learned a lot from the launch of BFV (disaster) and the launch of Apex Legends (perfect).

        They did it right with BF1 (took the time and delivered a finished product), why they failed afterwards is really strange.
      • Normandie-I944
        69 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
        I guess it is to damn late but what the hell? Is this supposed to be fun or entertaining? This “thing” is absolutely plain, dry, boring, lazy, lacks any epic moments and the lines goes on.
        A single operations game from Battlefield 1 with the atmosphere of a real battle, narrarion, story, “one can only speculate” stuff kills this plague Battlefield has on its shoulder. Dark days are upon the Battlefield series. I will spend todays night crying into my pillows... Thanks EA/DICE no more products from you!
      Sign In or Register to comment.