DISCUSSION: Battlefield V: Firestorm

Comments

• Belzeebub88
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    In one word...bad
  • LOLGotYerTags
    14355 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    edited March 2019
    [removed]

And now he just sits there in his cage. Like a sad little monkey :'(

I wouldn't bait.. Because now you're joining him.
  • crabman169
    12848 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    crabman169 wrote: »
    Do you people just not have any idea how Battle Royale works?

You do not have to play every single shooter as a headless freaking chicken.

I love how this screenshot literally tells us nothing; he has higher ground whoppy doo. Because no one in the history of video gaming has ever tried to get higher ground to gain the advantage. The firstorm is incoming, 23 people left and the dude is outside the next circle.
    Khronikos wrote: »
    Yeah, it honestly doesn't even sound fun. Apex is great with a trio because there really isn't much camping. TTK is pretty high, but you can melt people when upgraded.

Honestly, if this is the same TTK as the base game good luck lol.

Lol apex is full of camping too especially with all the little nooks and crannies plus areas only pathfinder can get to. There's also the balloons which can let you get to areas you others wouldnt be able too

You high?

In Apex the only campers you encounter are towards the end of the game, mainly when you have 3v3 or 2v2

Yes, the screenshot does not tell you nothing, apart the fact that i spectated the guy and he never moved from his spot for 15 minutes long after he found a sniper rifle. And i spectated all the other guys who killed me in the other games and they never moved from their original spot ether.

whats the point of moving when you just land in the middle of the map, pick up a random sniper rifle and wait there for all game long?

Firestorm is a disappointment and will be a huge flop. I dont see any major Twitch streamers playing this for more than 2 days long, if only for the first day because it's new stuff. And then get will immediately back to Apex because Firestorm is crap.

There are campers in apex all the time at any time in the match. Some dude might have only grabbed a Mozambique and is sitting in a corner as footsteps surround his building.

Cos because you don't see it doesn't mean it doesn't happen. Hell last match of apex played my brother and I hid in nooks and crannies and let the last two squads Duke it out. Unfortunately the winning Squad was the champion sweats once they worked out where we were instantly melted us. 2v3 with my brother being a handicap with the way apex works; definitely not gonna go headless chicken mode.

Hmm now that's funny; in the screenshot the dude has the Tommy gun and m1 carbine; neither can have any more magnification then the reflex sight. I take it you have no idea how BR works then; you do not go running around like as headless chicken especially if you have a sniper rifle and a good position. Saws more about you that you've specated 15 dudes and scream camper; maybe get good and evaluate your surroundings.

If you land middle of the circle and pickup a sniper rifle why the flying fish would you go Rambo and run around to the firestorm? That's why some people land in the middle of the circle so they aren't pressured to move; sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

Firestorm is a disappointment to YOU because you can't grasp the concept of a battle Royale; and that's okay. You don't have to play it. Who gives a flying frog what twitch does; viewers don't corrolate to people playing. If people enjoy Firestorm they'll play it/stream it whatever. Bf has never been a good streamer game anyhow; Firestorm would work better due to the BR concept because that works for streaming. People will play/watch/stream what they enjoy; maybe you should look into that concept too
  • crabman169
    12848 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Jesus Christ whomever merged this..
    It's a mess; why????

Why not just create a new subsection of the forum for firestorm; boom. Not so hard is it?
  • princemiah
    54 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Seriously, CoD did this correct and has seperate stats. I want to see my actual win/loss and KD for BR, how is this not seperate to begin with? **** idea

The fact your SPM/KPM/KD all count is insane, and the lack of a win% stat for Firestorm kinda makes it not even worth playing.

I don't think most players care about stats. They just wanna have fun.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    14355 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator

Why not just create a new subsection of the forum for firestorm; boom. Not so hard is it?

Because we don't have that ability.

I'd rather a slightly messy thread than the entire forum being filled with page after page of firestorm threads
  • DCAT627
    66 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Firestorm is boring. Rush is exciting. Please bring rush back.
  • dbasshooker
    151 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This isn’t BF anymore, trying to be something else. Bring back the BF modern combat we used to love.
  • Rex_Arturus
    11 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I don't know about the campers, but since there are players using 3rd party cheats (bots, wall hacks, etc) this game mode will reward those players. Until EA can solve that issue, it's not worth the frustration of playing this mod as one life doesn't last on an uneven battlefield. I gave it a try. Such a big map, nobody even dropped near at round start, but I was dead within seconds. Great game concept. The current mechanics of cheats ruin the idea.
  • PoppaPappo
    241 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    One thing I’ve noticed but haven’t seen mentioned is that building fortifications is not a part of Firestorm. So, for those that thought a lot of the new BF5 mechanics were specifically because of Firestorm: You Were Wrong (but I doubt anyone will admit it).

Tell the people!
  • resn_x
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    2 hours searching for a game in Australia solo and squad mode with no success. This mode is useless outside Eu and US. Especially now that ping is thru the roof playing on servers outside Australia and its been this way since BF3 release. Playing on american servers in Bfbc2 was never an issue. Those days are over and this mode is useless for your aussie fanbase
  • Braddock512
    1541 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
    edited March 2019
    And to be very clear, Firestorm is a mode in Battlefield V.

That would be like having a whole sub-category for Conquest.
    -Braddock512-
  • bran1986
    5913 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Never played a BR before but I had a blast with Firestorm. Only issue is the looting system needs some work.
  • Baccho_4h
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So..only US and EU servers?
    The gameplay,the map,vehicles and everything else is awesome.... but Its impossible to play a BR game with high ping..I played for about an hour and couldnt go pass the first enemy because of the lag.
    Unfortunately i (and a lot of other people) will have to wait for some response from dice towards this situation...
  • Braddock512
    1541 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
    Baccho_4h wrote: »
    So..only US and EU servers?
    The gameplay,the map,vehicles and everything else is awesome.... but Its impossible to play a BR game with high ping..I played for about an hour and couldnt go pass the first enemy because of the lag.
    Unfortunately i (and a lot of other people) will have to wait for some response from dice towards this situation...
    I've escalated this to the Operations Teams. They're looking into it.
  • TiMEvBoMB
    139 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    bran1986 wrote: »
    Never played a BR before but I had a blast with Firestorm. Only issue is the looting system needs some work.

Agreed, Just got done playing a few hours and really liked the gameplay but the looting and inventory system is the worst of any BR i've played. Maybe I just got to get used to it I don't know.
  • Oio89i77y6yu
    56 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Is this game broken or dead already? 24hours Ive found no games. 5:09 wait time & if I go squad it'll find 4 people then stop searching after 5:09 saying unable to find a stable match.
  • Gundidrone
    23 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Played 3 rounds and not really having fun its just not what i'm looking for from a battlefield game.

If i wanted to play battle royal i would download Apex Legends or Fortnite.

I think you should focus less on game modes and more on maps.

This game needs more maps.
  • FlaminPorcupine
    58 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It's fun, but IMO the game mechanics (TTK, TTD, reviving) seems to tend toward the squad variant instead of the solo variant. TTD is way too quick in solo play right now, very difficult to escape if you get a bad angle, and since you only have one life, leads to a lot of frustration when someone pops up behind you and blasts you away.
  • ballin4real365
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    T.R.A.S.H.
This discussion has been closed.