firestorm

HydroExcursion
189 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
When can we play it?

Comments

• Dinemx
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    when i logged on this morning i had the option to click it and got the intro tuturial to play but after it said i didnt have the contend yet.
  • d3oneGeneral
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    You can play now!
  • HydroExcursion
    189 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You can play now!

i dont see the option lol only bomastic fantastic
  • Dinemx
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    yes u can play now
  • HydroExcursion
    Dinemx wrote: »
    yes u can play now

i see
    game crashed to desk
    hahaa
  • gailjon
    38 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This is a load of generic rubbish. I have played too much PUBG to get excited about Firestorm I'm afraid. There's literally nothing new at all - how are they going to make this exciting?
  • Jezzzeh
    694 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They really ought to make this Free to Play and attract in some new blood to the series.

It's not bad, in fact it's pretty fun I've found. It's just not bringing much to the BR party over the long timers like PUBG and the recent newcomer Apex.

Does it have longevity in the long term?

Hard to say for sure but for now I think DICE et al should concentrate on what they are good at....traditional military multiplayer and stop these trips into places that are draining away effort from their core work.
  • Kattegat_Twin
    755 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Jezzzeh wrote: »
    stop these trips into places that are draining away effort from their core work.

Except DICE didn't make Firestorm. How do you not know that by now?
  • choppernNZ
    79 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I like it actually.. I've not been able to play pugb since last year because I'm using insider Win10 builds and have that cheat software bug, this is great!
  • Kattegat_Twin
    755 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 25
    Really liking Firestorm so far. It's exactly how I thought it'd be.
  • Jezzzeh
    694 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 25
    stop these trips into places that are draining away effort from their core work.

Yes thanks I do realise that, I was far more referring here to Single Player and Combined Arms. Sorry to upset you if I didn't make it clear of course and it wasn't utterly obvious.

In any case I'm sure while Criterion did the bulk of the work DICE will have had some degree of effort in Firestorm.
  • Kattegat_Twin

Yes thanks I do realise that, I was far more referring here to Single Player and Combined Arms. Sorry to upset you if I didn't make it clear of course and it wasn't utterly obvious.

In any case I'm sure while Criterion did the bulk of the work DICE will have had some degree of effort in Firestorm.

Who's upset? Not me.

Your entire post that I quoted from last time was talking about BR. You didn't once mention Co-op or single player. Seems you're the one who's a bit upset here. Dry your eyes, it'll be OK.
  • Jezzzeh
    Maybe something lost in translation here?

Why the nasty attitude and eye advice? I sincerely apologised and clarified what I'd tried to say.

Anyway the game mode is fun, it's not doing anything special beyond other BR games, maybe it doesn't have to. Time will tell if it succeeds.

• SgtMDuck
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have never ever been interested in BR games. I think it has to do with that I do not enjoy strange futuristic battlegrounds.
    I enjoy shooters that connect to my own timeline a bit more, so nor have I played Battlefront, don not think it is a Battlefield game at all...

The map on Firestorm is fantastic, and a good conquest map with 128 players or more, do you dare to do this DICE?
    A lot of locations that can be used for fantastic gameplays RUSH, TDM, Squad conquest and more.

I still like the basegame much more, then again I am not at all used to BR inventory setup, I like my few buttons in BF-games
    But the enviroment in Firestorm and being able to jump/climb around in the mountains free is amazing.
  • EA_Rtas
    337 postsMember, EA Staff, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, EA Moderator, Battlefield V
    Going to get in front of this guys and ask that you cool it down with the arguing please.
  • Jezzzeh
    SgtMDuck wrote: »
    I have never ever been interested in BR games. I think it has to do with that I do not enjoy strange futuristic battlegrounds.
    I enjoy shooters that connect to my own timeline a bit more, so nor have I played Battlefront, don not think it is a Battlefield game at all...

The map on Firestorm is fantastic, and a good conquest map with 128 players or more, do you dare to do this DICE?
    A lot of locations that can be used for fantastic gameplays RUSH, TDM, Squad conquest and more.

I still like the basegame much more, then again I am not at all used to BR inventory setup, I like my few buttons in BF-games
    But the enviroment in Firestorm and being able to jump/climb around in the mountains free is amazing.

I agree with a few extra embellishments this could be a nice map for a grand ops campaign.
  • Kattegat_Twin

Why the nasty attitude and eye advice? I sincerely apologised and clarified what I'd tried to say.

Anyway the game mode is fun, it's not doing anything special beyond other BR games, maybe it doesn't have to. Time will tell if it succeeds.

Sorry dude, I think I did misread your post, because it seemed more hostile first time around. My mistake.

Glad we agree that the mode is fun!
  • ATF_lateDENT
    304 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    gailjon wrote: »
    This is a load of generic rubbish. ... how are they going to make this exciting?

Fire?
  • Jezzzeh

Sorry dude, I think I did misread your post, because it seemed more hostile first time around. My mistake.

Glad we agree that the mode is fun!

It would probably have helped if I'd been clearer in first place.

Finding this the sort of BR where you either come top 3 or you die at the start on landing. Think I prefer solo at the moment for whittling away the odd 30 mins or so. Squad is fine as long as you are all on comms. Think this is where Apex and its "ping" system really shines in comparison.
  • Kattegat_Twin
    edited March 26
    I prefer solo too so far, since most of the randoms that I've squadded with haven't exactly been team players... The Apex ping system would definitely help things. But honestly I don't see myself going back to Apex - I got bored of it quite quickly and the art style just doesn't work for me. I had actually reinstalled PUBG recently and played a few rounds, but I don't think I'll be doing that again anytime soon. Firestorm is scratching that itch, and it's a much smoother experience than PUBG and the setting is 100x superior than Apex (in my opinion).