DISCUSSION: Battlefield V: Firestorm

Comments

• MAJWolfcookies
    587 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The gameplay is superior to PUBG and Fartnite... which isn’t saying much. Looting is a disaster... I can’t believe someone tested it and said “yeah, that’ll do." Unbelievable. Otherwise it's just like all of the other BR titles. Camp and run and camp. I don't get it.
  • Ypsilon-Oh
    249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    firestorm is splitting the Playerbase!

now someone said it...
  • AssassinoX1
    269 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm going to suggest an idea. Why not do something different and change up the same old BR formula?? For squad Firestorm, how about you get rid of the planes and parachuting down, get rid of the pre-round hanger and just have all squads randomly spawn together around the map like a regular game. One load screen, normal countdown timer and no theatrics. It would quicken things up considerably and everyone will be on the same playing field.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    6294 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    At this point I just hope weekly ToW assignments aren't tied to BR. Otherwise, I couldn't care less.
  • GrubVVorm
    2 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Campers? Who care. how about the blatant hackers that don't even try and hide it . Don't even want to play after three people always knowing where you are.
  • JinShepard
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I never did a BR game, and so I joined it, my second match I already felt incredible bored of it, like, its quiet, no atmosphere(lots of particles though) no soul, it felt so dull and i practically fell asleep.
  • buster518
    66 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    1. The looting system is for lack of a better term horrible..
    2. Weapon presets and the rebalance done to them to make the recoil worse is bad
    3. Snipers spawn way too much should just be purple items imo
    4. The biggest problem and what'll keep me from not playing is that you dont let the inventory just work freely, why are we being capped out at 3 armor plates or a certain number of naids and health. If I have the space just let us carry it like every other BR. The reason this is such a problem is because I've nearly always been starved of armor further into the matches and it's not fun because I know if I just camp and not play aggressive I wont have that problem. So basically battlefields catering to bad casuals/noobs yet again. Aggressive good players wanna run around and fight but if you take damage while doing so youll eventually have no reserves because everyone is only carrying 3 plates. So if the enemy is healing mid fight that's using the plates you could have looted and on top of that the vest you take off enemy's is broken already (unplated) so playing aggressive is out if you wanna keep your armor.
    5. Besides that stuff could be a decent BR won my first solo and some squads but like someone else put it to me this BR would have been great a year ago or something but it's already outdated. And I couldn't agree more.
    6. I dont understand the business side of this when you have something like apex with features people love and say every battle royal should have, and even have the fortnight GIANT copy what apex did, like why are you guys not on board with that?? It makes no sense, it's really disappointing. Yes I'm saying they should be copying the two most popular BRs if they had itd be a much better experience with the ping system/revives/looting just everything.
    7. I do have to say it's better than pubg imo but definitely far less smooth compared to apex.
  • buster518
    66 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    crabman169 wrote: »
    Do you people just not have any idea how Battle Royale works?

You do not have to play every single shooter as a headless freaking chicken.

I love how this screenshot literally tells us nothing; he has higher ground whoppy doo. Because no one in the history of video gaming has ever tried to get higher ground to gain the advantage. The firstorm is incoming, 23 people left and the dude is outside the next circle.
    Khronikos wrote: »
    Yeah, it honestly doesn't even sound fun. Apex is great with a trio because there really isn't much camping. TTK is pretty high, but you can melt people when upgraded.

Honestly, if this is the same TTK as the base game good luck lol.

Lol apex is full of camping too especially with all the little nooks and crannies plus areas only pathfinder can get to. There's also the balloons which can let you get to areas you others wouldnt be able too

You high?

In Apex the only campers you encounter are towards the end of the game, mainly when you have 3v3 or 2v2

Yes, the screenshot does not tell you nothing, apart the fact that i spectated the guy and he never moved from his spot for 15 minutes long after he found a sniper rifle. And i spectated all the other guys who killed me in the other games and they never moved from their original spot ether.

whats the point of moving when you just land in the middle of the map, pick up a random sniper rifle and wait there for all game long?

Firestorm is a disappointment and will be a huge flop. I dont see any major Twitch streamers playing this for more than 2 days long, if only for the first day because it's new stuff. And then get will immediately back to Apex because Firestorm is crap.

Apex is all skill even fornight not that I play that one but that's why people love it. Idk why dice keeps going further and further from competitive play. Huge disappointment I agree but I'm not surprised dice just goes down hill more and more. They really should have consulted Shroud if they just listened to him he alone could have made this 1000× better lol
  • VasKur
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    i'll totally ignore BR. Don't like this type of games. If they'll go hard for ToW with Firestorm i'll just pass the whole chapter i guess.
  • buster518
    edited March 2019
    You know what the sad part is I've already RPGed a heli, won the first solo game I played, won some squads with randoms, youd think I'd be having a really good time but I'm not.
  • NilSatisOptimum
    49 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Played, it's just like other BRs so it will be only the once.
  • BIO30NGclankillr
    45 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2019
    Baccho_4h wrote: »
    So..only US and EU servers?
    The gameplay,the map,vehicles and everything else is awesome.... but Its impossible to play a BR game with high ping..I played for about an hour and couldnt go pass the first enemy because of the lag.
    Unfortunately i (and a lot of other people) will have to wait for some response from dice towards this situation...
    I've escalated this to the Operations Teams. They're looking into it.

Maybe this will help

If no one is online when searching for a conquest game in my region, using matchmaking, it searches for +- 2 min and then starts a local server with just me in it waiting till there are enough players to start the round

Y1Zt2eh.jpg
    9yIWKhq.jpg

Everyone was just waking up so there were 0 servers in my region
    y0ZnP8n.jpg

With firestorm matchmaking will join a international server with 195 ping usually after 1 min

gvK5RaT.jpg

I'm not sure how firestorm is set up or what triggers a server to start?

Can a single player wait in the lobby for others to join?
  • Kongo030
    667 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Think there's as much loot in solo as in squads. If I jump into an empty area with 4 buildings on solo I can start run around usually fully equipped. If the same amount of loot is split by 4 it's just not enough. Either reduce the number of loot in solo or increase in squads plz.
  • ninjapenquinuk
    2247 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Played 3 solo rounds last night. First round was killed within 30secs of landing (great start! didnt even have a gun), the other two lasted about 2 mins and 5 mins respectively, with a kill in each. Its the first BR game i have played and have to say it's not really my cup of tea. With the quick TTK you just have no time to react, which in normal BF, isnt such a biggy as you just respawn back in, but in Firestorm it obviously means game over and another 3/4/5 min wait for a new game. No thanks. I kind of like the idea and may try again with Squad Firestorm at the weekend if i have the time to mic up (if the other half and kids are out) but otherwise its currently not a mode i would return to.
  • DK_Bastian2
    136 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    And how exactly is this one screenshot supposed to indicate that Firestorm is riddled with campers?

Perhaps because out of 15 people i spectated, all 15 camped for more than 15 mins long after they found a sniper rifle or a MG? Is this a good answer for you?

Then show us screenshots or video evidence that all 15 people were camping because right now Im having a very hard time believing you.

Are you for real?

First of all, you cannot spectate all the players at the same time, but only the one who killed you. And the ones who killed me were ALL camping.

Why should i do that? Lose hours of my time to censor their names in the video editor? Remember right that this forum has a no name and shame policy right?

And even if i lose my time to show you evidences, you hardly will change your mind anyway.

So it's a lose-lose for me. Sorry

Not it is not shaming at all or anything, and it is not a lose-lose because you prove him wrong, but at it seems now it seems like he was right about you?
  • DK_Bastian2
    136 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I have found servers over and over again, love the mode, just need to get used to it, because this is my first BR game ever haha

I would rather play BF V BR than any other.
  • TEKNOCODE
    11592 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    Well it's a fun little mode and overall it's well done, but it's just not want I like to play in a Battlefield Game.
    After my 2-3 hours yesterday I was already done with it and I don't feel engaged with it at all. Maybe 1-2 hours from time to time but that's about it.

Battlefield stands for epic, huge scale battles, not Battle Royale mode. It's just one more thing DICE is wasting resources on.... Dice just needs to focus all its resources on developing new maps, new factions and some new weapons/vehicles from time to time. No stupid Combined Arms crap, no silly game modes which are unbalanced as hell, no Battle Royale, just core elements which made the franchise great!

I mean by now BF5 has almost more game modes than maps... all of them are on the same old boring damn maps... so tired of it...

People keep saying what Battlefield is about as above, "epic, huge scale battles" when talking about BR but conveniently forget about TDM.

Whilst I am no fan of BR modes in general, Firestorm is more 'Battlefield' than TDM to me.

Unlike some people though (not necessarily the person quoted here mind), I don't demand that either mode be binned because whilst I may not care for them, I know others do.

Dice should only include tdm in bfVI. It is the only mode that doesn’t require zerging.
This discussion has been closed.