DISCUSSION: Battlefield V: Firestorm

Comments

• full951
    2468 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I like it but I would like them to borrow a little bit more from both Apex and pubg.
  • Fusgus
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Absolute rubbish, four of us tried it out as a squad last night.
    Contrived concept already available in lots of different flavours. Not BF!
    Please let's hope its the end of this experiment and we go back to development of new maps and missions.
  • fr0mundacheese
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Fusgus wrote: »
    Absolute rubbish, four of us tried it out as a squad last night.
    Contrived concept already available in lots of different flavours. Not BF!
    Please let's hope its the end of this experiment and we go back to development of new maps and missions.

But golly gee... arent you excited to drive the tractor?
  • SuperiorByGender
    3239 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2019
    Tried playing what everyone is so hyped about - Was my first and last time playing BR.

A total RNG campfest. I don't understand why was it necessary to add those stupid RNG systems. I've heard it was going to be fair and even fight, it's anything but that. People who are lucky to find pink weapons instantly get an advantage over everyone else.

Why couldn't they leave all guns at default settings or apply certain specs to them, or just allow players to pick the specialization they want for them so that when player drops and finds a gun, that gun will have his specializations applied.

Same goes for armor. You could go 1 v 1 against someone and they will win only because they sucked up more bullets than you because of higher level armor.

Total mess of a mode.
    Post edited by SuperiorByGender on
  • MrJayPee71
    209 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I dont get it either, but maybe i am too old and this is what the 'kidz' like in games these days. There is obviously always an element of luck in all BF games (all games really) but the fact 2 players can land in the same spot with 2 buildings - one goes to building A the other building B. Building A has a pistol and a health pack, building B has grenades+LMGs+Panzerfausts. Hmmmm, who is going to win that contest 99 out of 100.

True. My first solo round (first Best regards round ever in fact) last night I dropped into a house, got a pistol - might even have been a liberator- and met a guy with a 12g. You can tell how that ended up...
  • Hawxxeye
    7556 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    Well it's a fun little mode and overall it's well done, but it's just not want I like to play in a Battlefield Game.
    After my 2-3 hours yesterday I was already done with it and I don't feel engaged with it at all. Maybe 1-2 hours from time to time but that's about it.

Battlefield stands for epic, huge scale battles, not Battle Royale mode. It's just one more thing DICE is wasting resources on.... Dice just needs to focus all its resources on developing new maps, new factions and some new weapons/vehicles from time to time. No stupid Combined Arms crap, no silly game modes which are unbalanced as hell, no Battle Royale, just core elements which made the franchise great!

I mean by now BF5 has almost more game modes than maps... all of them are on the same old boring damn maps... so tired of it...

Whilst I am no fan of BR modes in general, Firestorm is more 'Battlefield' than TDM to me.
    That is a very interesting observation that I had never considered!
    Perhaps because TDM is like if it does not exist for me
  • Chakixx
    33 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    THIS

MODE

IS

A

DAMN

BIG

JOKE.

• warslag
    1606 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    full951 wrote: »
    I like it but I would like them to borrow a little bit more from both Apex and pubg.

I haven't played BFV or BFV Firestorm yet, but I will give it a shot. I do play Apex though, and there are aspects of BFV that put me off playing it, such as the revive mechanics, attrition and dragging although dragging wasn't implemented in the end. What's weird about that is that revives take ages in Apex and I guess there is attrition in the form of having to scavenge for ammo.

The difference is that I'm not used to those aspect of gameplay in Battlefield. So your comment game me an idea.

I wonder if it would be possible to add a battle royal game mode to legacy Battlefield titles such as BF3? I think a lot of players would be very interested in that. Or even a Bad Company battle royal.

If only Battlefield titles after BF2 could be 'modded'.
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1688 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    T.R.A.S.H.

T - Terrible
    R - Rubbish
    A - Abysmal
    S - Sucks
    H - Horrendous

??!
  • Cale404
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I dont know why u cant understand the this game mode
  • G-Gnu
    1527 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2019
    Cale404 wrote: »

It is nothing about not understanding the game mode i think they grasp the mode quite well , it is more about where the fun is hiding in a game mode that is partially based on loot RNG and therefore luck based at least in the initial part of a round .
  • Gravlar_SN9
    267 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    G-Gnu wrote: »
    Cale404 wrote: »

It is nothing about not understanding the game mode i think they grasp the mode quite well , it is more about where the fun is hiding in a game mode that is partially based on loot RNG and therefore luck based at least in the initial part of a round .

Only ever played PUBG in terms of BR games but that was the same and I think added to the experience. No just running to where you know the best weapons are. Sometimes all you have is a frying pan and you’ve gotta cave someone’s head in with it to get a weapon or you’re buggered.
  • Maun0_Mato
    45 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Ypsilon-Oh wrote: »
    firestorm is splitting the Playerbase!

now someone said it...

It would if regular players couldn't join Firestorm, this is not paid DLC.
    It's probably bringing in more new players to BFV than any other mode considering all the major streamers are playing this, if they fix the looting/inventory it will be one of the better things that happened to BFV.
  • TiMEvBoMB
    139 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2019
    TiMEvBoMB wrote: »
    bran1986 wrote: »
    Never played a BR before but I had a blast with Firestorm. Only issue is the looting system needs some work.

Agreed, Just got done playing a few hours and really liked the gameplay but the looting and inventory system is the worst of any BR i've played. Maybe I just got to get used to it I don't know.

You should probably try Blackout in Call Of Duty. It's soooo much better than this garbage

I have it and while I agree Blackout is decent I was really hoping Firestorm would bring me back to Battlefield which had been my primary go to franchise since BF2. Not gonna give up on it completely but i'm not playng it again until they fix the looting/inv system it just feels so lazy the way they implemented it and needs a major overhaul.
This discussion has been closed.