DISCUSSION: Battlefield V: Firestorm

Comments

• rnm68566395
    3239 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    TKing2 wrote: »
    All weapons are viable at the start except maybe melee. I once just found an RPG in the house and still managed to kill the guy coming at me with the gun. 2 hits with my RPG and he was down.
    Every other gun is fine too, except liberator ofc. Pistols can be difficult sometimes, but you usually need max 2 houses to find a real gun. With this its possible to win every firefight it then comes down to your aiming obviously (most important) and your positioning (almost as important). Choose your fights.
    Despite some obvious issues like the loot system of dead players or no ping system / ability to use sights of your own liking on your weapons, im having incredible fun with this BR and i played PUBG and Apex. The gunplay is BF is just simply the best by a far margin.
    I also seem to not run around ages to get the best gadgets, some green weapons are just as fine as rare or epic ones. It mostly comes down to the sights they have for me, especially on sniper/singe bolt weapons.

I would disagree. I had alteast 3 situation where I would loot a sniper rifle and SLR while other guy would get suomi and a shotgun and rush me, in this case I'm dead.
  • Tullzter
    1271 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    is anyone getting the "weapons swap" glitch? sometimes you just can't change your weapon, it will do the animation but will swap back to the same weapon? kind of cost me a couple of games this bug
  • EdwinSpangler
    1843 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I want to like it soo bad... Nothing more to say on it yet..
  • JamieCurnock
    740 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Also, I know it's coming but my God this needs duos so bad.

Dice pls don't go screwing it all up and making that a timed mode ffs.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2641 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=fGllgbmDXD4

Watching Doc play it looks kinda fun. If I had 3 friends that play when I do I would maybe consider giving this a try. I do like the firestorm burning through buildings. That looks cool.
  • SeventhSONxII
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Well this is my firs post about that all Battlefield franchise and i wanna tell about that BR mode my few opinions.
    1: You create good theme about that fire ring but it looks a little bit stupid because all burning only like a circle. Make something like in RoE where they are create zone system. You actualy can do something the same but with fire and that will be perfect on my opinion.
    2: I realy don't know who rule with that project but seems like he doing not so good job because release that mode and you can play only if you buy BF5 this is so controversial decision....If you want make something good make that game like APEX model FTP and create store with skins and many other stuff with WW2 theme.
    Have a good day all of you and play fair!
  • TropicPoison
    2505 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I saw someone say that they added AP mines to it lol

And I don't see how it's even close to an even playing field when it's luck based, you find a pistol other guy finds a assault rifle or smg where's the fair play?
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2641 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    MrJayPee71 wrote: »
    I dont get it either, but maybe i am too old and this is what the 'kidz' like in games these days. There is obviously always an element of luck in all BF games (all games really) but the fact 2 players can land in the same spot with 2 buildings - one goes to building A the other building B. Building A has a pistol and a health pack, building B has grenades+LMGs+Panzerfausts. Hmmmm, who is going to win that contest 99 out of 100.

True. My first solo round (first Best regards round ever in fact) last night I dropped into a house, got a pistol - might even have been a liberator- and met a guy with a 12g. You can tell how that ended up...

Any different then pubg. I had those moments parachuting in at a spot that was looted and got in a fist fight with another dude since neither of us had a weapon. lol
  • LinkZeppeloyd
    994 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

And I don't see how it's even close to an even playing field when it's luck based

Um, luck based = even playing field. Everyone starts the same.
  • rnm68566395
    3239 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

And I don't see how it's even close to an even playing field when it's luck based

Everyone would start the same if they dropped with their own loadout, not a knife.
  • Trokey66
    9160 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Everyone would start the same if they dropped with their own loadout, not a knife.

Only if all load outs were identical......
  • Prep768
    3476 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »

...... Scio would still choose a knife
  • Draccon149
    38 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    of course there are these random elements which are exactly the reason why people (myself included) don't think competitive battle royales really works out. regardless these games are a lot of fun for a lot of players (again myself included). the "randomness" or imbalance is part of the battle royale genre. blaming criterion for making their battle royale game play like a battle royale game is quite a weird thing to do.
    people asked for a BR game and they got one. if its good or not is another question but it clearly is a true battle royale game. if you don't like this kind of game then that's OK... but again complaining about bfv battle royale because it plays like a battle royale is nonsense.

No, we did not ask for a BR BF game, EA saw the money being generated by BR games currrently and said lets do that. Did not matter what the core BF community wanted. I'd rather have a full complete game with more maps/content than a BR mode i'll never bother to play.
  • VIDSICIOUS
    79 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    -The map is really nice with lots of elevation
    -Once again they missed the mark when it comes to WW2 immersion. Did we really need to have another Norway map?
    -Wish we had the option of allowing the mini map to rotate like in the base game. Having a hard time adjusting to it.
    -Why the stupid cars?
    -Tractor is useless especially when trying to tow.
    -Looting is the thing I like least about BR's in general. Would have preferred being able to use your own loadout.
    -Not a fan of the armour plates
    -Footsteps are way too loud
  • JamesIV4
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2019
    Sadly, yes, I will be ignoring Firestorm. Battle Royale is not for everyone. I'm more interested in whether the new NVIDIA drivers have improved the CPU issues BFV has had since launch.
  • munkt0r
    3037 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

What does that solve? You'd just complain that someone randomly found a blue or purple gun when you still had your starting green gun.

The issue you have is the RNG aspect of BR's. Such can't be solved other than NOT playing a BR mode. Just like people that think vehicle system is unfair, don't play modes with vehicles.
  • LinkZeppeloyd
    994 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »

Yeah I don’t know if he’s trolling at this point but I guess there’s no point in trying to explain further.
  • AKU_channel
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Can you add some color for ammo in inventory? It's hard to know which one ammo to pick up some times.
  • Prep768
    3476 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    -looting a downed enemy with a large inventory needs improvement, looting houses is fine
    -inventory needs to be more user friendly
    -own footsteps far too loud
    -lack of comm rose makes squad work with randoms non existent

-why no dropping as a squad?
    -Are stats separate from the base game?
    -Why no option to Region search?
    -Got killed by a friendly v rocket? Is this design?

Enjoyed a few hours yesterday, map is good, plenty of random loot scattered around
    Decent experience
  • S0ckenSchuss
    45 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    2014-2017 - Zombie -Survival-anything-and-anyone-hype: Done. Noone is talking about it anymore
    2018-20xx - Battle-Royal-in-every-possible-scenario-hype: Still on. In a few months/years noone will talk about it anymore.

Lets create the next hype. what would it be when Battle royal is spammed out by every publisher and every gameseries? assassins creed BR, Far cry BR, Need for speed BR? what will be AFTER all of that?

Back to topic: not interested in BR games. and i really hope they dont force us with TOW missions to play that.
This discussion has been closed.