Weekly BF

DISCUSSION: Battlefield V: Firestorm

Comments

• S0ckenSchuss
    45 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    2014-2017 - Zombie -Survival-anything-and-anyone-hype: Done. Noone is talking about it anymore
    2018-20xx - Battle-Royal-in-every-possible-scenario-hype: Still on. In a few months/years noone will talk about it anymore.

Lets create the next hype. what would it be when Battle royal is spammed out by every publisher and every gameseries? assassins creed BR, Far cry BR, Need for speed BR? what will be AFTER all of that?

Back to topic: not interested in BR games. and i really hope they dont force us with TOW missions to play that.
  • Ypsilon-Oh
    249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Maun0_Mato wrote: »
    Ypsilon-Oh wrote: »
    firestorm is splitting the Playerbase!

now someone said it...

It would if regular players couldn't join Firestorm, this is not paid DLC.
    It's probably bringing in more new players to BFV than any other mode considering all the major streamers are playing this, if they fix the looting/inventory it will be one of the better things that happened to BFV.

not everyone who plays BFV want to play BR (in my eyes not a mode but a different game)
    people who come for BR usually won't play "normal" BFV thru it.
    but maybe some of the regular BF players will go for BR....

Playerbase splitted! :smiley:
  • KILLINGSCUM
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    EA should have invest the time, money and people in creating new content/maps etc instead of jumping the hypetrain of battleroyal.
    What a waste...
  • Trokey66
    8555 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Draccon149 wrote: »
    of course there are these random elements which are exactly the reason why people (myself included) don't think competitive battle royales really works out. regardless these games are a lot of fun for a lot of players (again myself included). the "randomness" or imbalance is part of the battle royale genre. blaming criterion for making their battle royale game play like a battle royale game is quite a weird thing to do.
    people asked for a BR game and they got one. if its good or not is another question but it clearly is a true battle royale game. if you don't like this kind of game then that's OK... but again complaining about bfv battle royale because it plays like a battle royale is nonsense.

No, we did not ask for a BR BF game, EA saw the money being generated by BR games currrently and said lets do that. Did not matter what the core BF community wanted. I'd rather have a full complete game with more maps/content than a BR mode i'll never bother to play.

Yes, 'we' did!
  • The_BERG_366
    2422 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Draccon149 wrote: »
    of course there are these random elements which are exactly the reason why people (myself included) don't think competitive battle royales really works out. regardless these games are a lot of fun for a lot of players (again myself included). the "randomness" or imbalance is part of the battle royale genre. blaming criterion for making their battle royale game play like a battle royale game is quite a weird thing to do.
    people asked for a BR game and they got one. if its good or not is another question but it clearly is a true battle royale game. if you don't like this kind of game then that's OK... but again complaining about bfv battle royale because it plays like a battle royale is nonsense.

No, we did not ask for a BR BF game, EA saw the money being generated by BR games currrently and said lets do that. Did not matter what the core BF community wanted. I'd rather have a full complete game with more maps/content than a BR mode i'll never bother to play.

i don't know who "we" is but it doesnt matter anyway. people asked for it and ea reacted accordingly. u can like it or hate it but it doesn't change the fact that its true.
  • n7k6k5w9jp0
    363 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    "Old man yells at cloud"
  • HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Prep768 wrote: »
    Don't like BR's? - don't play them
    /thread

• DeTroyit045
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Huge disappointment firestorm, also every time they do a new patch update they screw with the weapons ...... Tone this down Nerf that!.. get it right EA!... At first I had a love-hate with the game, now I'm just starting to simply hate... Leave stuff alone, ad new content , only fix the things that are messed up like moving through the environment and getting hung up on every little thing... And bring back hardcore!!!!! it's a shame you have to shoot a person five times for them to die, more than twice in the head! Please EA, criterion fix! ..... Oh yeah now my gun doesn't register when I'm shooting people even at close range wow,... So inconsistent!
  • diagoro
    1551 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The latency/netcode/one frame deaths are really what ruins this mode for me.

I played several games, spent 80% of my time roaming around. Insta deaths each time, and only got the drop on one guy (who soaked 10 shots and ran of with 70 health).

Looks cool, and the tension it creats is different. But one frame deaths kill any desire to play. Dice will find their inability to fix the netcode/latency problem may ruin both any competitive mode, as well as this.
  • Fusgus
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Is there anyone else in here who will never touch or play this mode?

I wish we had but curiosity got the better of us. A little taste was enough to confirm it was not for us. Old Dogs Platoon
  • jockekanske
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    "UPDATE:
    If you're having issues with matchmaking as a full squad, don't click PLAY NOW until your squad is full. Otherwise, whatever squad you have at that moment will be the squad. We're aware of this confusion and working to address it. Thanks."

i... i...
    Me and my buddy duo queued last night, never got any random people to fill up the 2 empty spots. Are you supposed to find 2 randoms and invite them manually ? what gives ?
  • MaydupNem
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I quite enjoyed what i played so far. I understand the decision of inflating the HP a little bit, with the current fast ttk it would be just too much for this particular gamemode.

One thing I find mind bogglin though. Everyone and their mother wants duos. But it is a limited time gamemode. ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????
  • Jezzzeh
    753 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Without being disingenuous here to the OP and those who agree with his standpoint. I really feel as though you guys must not have played any other BR games.

Firestorm couldn't be more typical of the genre. The excitement comes from landing at point youve picked and looting a level 3 weapon with other decent gear. For those that don't have great gear then bringing down someone who has it and looting it is a great feeling.

If everyone landed and found all the same thing it would basically be deathmatch on a big map. BR is all about the looting.
  • Skitelz7
    925 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I dont get it either, but maybe i am too old and this is what the 'kidz' like in games these days. There is obviously always an element of luck in all BF games (all games really) but the fact 2 players can land in the same spot with 2 buildings - one goes to building A the other building B. Building A has a pistol and a health pack, building B has grenades+LMGs+Panzerfausts. Hmmmm, who is going to win that contest 99 out of 100.

The smarter and better player.
    And that example you gave never happens. Loot is spread out pretty evenly.
  • Skitelz7
    925 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    In other words, you were unlucky.

Exactly. This is the worst thing you can say about any game that includes skill based ganeplay. Not 'outplayed' or 'outgunned', no, it's just 'unlucky. This word takes any thrill of competition and throws it out the window.

Well, then go back to the base game so you can get some skill kills with the V1 rocket.
  • Prep768
    3440 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    "UPDATE:
    If you're having issues with matchmaking as a full squad, don't click PLAY NOW until your squad is full. Otherwise, whatever squad you have at that moment will be the squad. We're aware of this confusion and working to address it. Thanks."

i... i...
    Me and my buddy duo queued last night, never got any random people to fill up the 2 empty spots. Are you supposed to find 2 randoms and invite them manually ? what gives ?

If you queued as a 2 in squads, then the space should be filled with randoms
  • jockekanske
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    "UPDATE:

i... i...

thanks for respons, however, after 3 minutes without any fillers it put us into a game as only a duo
  • SumwhatKrazy
    557 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I was planning to at least give a go but i dont think i'll bother. I know i wont like it. I hated PUBG. Its just not my thing. I guess if its the only mode people i know play then maybe, but i cant say that it sounds appealing.
  • Prep768
    3440 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    "UPDATE:

i... i...

thanks for respons, however, after 3 minutes without any fillers it put us into a game as only a duo

This happened to me as well , waited for the squad to fill, next thing I know I'm dropping solo, fun round.

Did it happen every time?