DISCUSSION: Battlefield V: Firestorm

Comments

• Squad_Cohesion
    910 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The high tier weapons and the mid tier weapons could be more....scarce.
  • IDirtY_SeCreT
    553 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    When seeing all these Firestorm-Threads I can't wait for threads from BR-only players crying about vehicles and everything else in the standard BF gamemodes^^
  • geralde2006
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Guys! We need servers for South America please! We can't play with over 200 ping! It's horrible and gunfights aren't even fair. The game looks great and we do have servers for all the other modes but this one. Firestorm is impossible to play for us right now and we've been waiting so much for this mode. Please!
  • jensvaerum
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    wallhack friendly game firestorm
  • TiMEvBoMB
    139 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    GRAW2ROBZ wrote: »
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=fGllgbmDXD4

Watching Doc play it looks kinda fun. If I had 3 friends that play when I do I would maybe consider giving this a try. I do like the firestorm burning through buildings. That looks cool.

Played Solos for a few hours last night and map plays and looks great but my biggest complaint is the Looting/Inventory system is awful. Really killed my experience, Wont play again till they sort this out it's that bad.
  • Ypsilon-Oh
    249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    jensvaerum wrote: »
    wallhack friendly game firestorm

wallhack for what? u hear steps 1000m away :neutral:
    sound is the thing they made right at firestorm
  • bran1986
    5913 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    When seeing all these Firestorm-Threads I can't wait for threads from BR-only players crying about vehicles and everything else in the standard BF gamemodes^^

There are vehicles in Firestorm lol.
  • IDirtY_SeCreT
    553 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    bran1986 wrote: »

There are vehicles in Firestorm lol.

Still different from the "core" gamemodes. But let's wait and see ;)
  • BFB-LeCharybdis
    857 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited March 2019
    I can't believe this, but FireStorm is a bit bloody good!!

I've been bored senseless playing BFV and moved on about a month ago, just tried a few games on BR and I think it's fantastic.

The map is huge but the circle closes in at a decent pace so your not just wondering aimlessly.

The net code seems like it can actually handle the TTD in the handful of games I played.

Love that we have a BFV game mode that doesn't automatically have everyone running around as assault armed with 3x scopes. You have to consider the ranges you can engage from.

The new health, healing and armour takes a bit of getting used to at first but I already prefer it to the main game, I'd forgotten what it was like getting into gun fights instead of just mowing down whoever you see first.

I think maybe the item pick up from downed enemies could use a little work, but this is a minor gripe and I'm sure I'll get the hang of looting in time.

All in all I'm completely impressed and BR games usually bore me senseless. I thought I was done with BFV, nice work Criterion.

Edit- Put more time into the mode and I was wrong about the NetCode, it's just as bad as the main game.
    Post edited by BFB-LeCharybdis on
  • MrCrecer13
    54 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Firestorm - a waste of resources that were taken away from the production of content for BF5 multiplayer. The firestorm is a very boring PUBG like battleroyal. In a very poor, intuitively incomprehensible interface, disgusting system of enemy loot. Absolutely disgusting weapon system - a system with given characteristics, upgrades, sights.

I summarize together the boring Firestorm and the Course of the War for 2019 - unfortunately DICE your game is dead.
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3417 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    At this point I just hope weekly ToW assignments aren't tied to BR. Otherwise, I couldn't care less.

Read it and weep: https://dm.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/b4nq49/challenges_for_tides_of_war_chapter_3_uncovered/
  • LOLGotYerTags
    14359 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    @MrCrecer13
    You got that wrong actually, DICE are creating the content for BFV almost 100%

Criterion ( a different developer ) created Firestorm for BFV and have been for quite some time.
  • Birkhoff9200
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Some considerations after having made 6 games yesterday (3 in solo and 3 in team): given that I play at Apex and find it much more balanced, I would say that there are many things to file in Firestorm: I would start from the loot, but the thing that most makes me angry are the campers. The only way to win seems to be to camper and I don't like it very much. Moreover, the firearm, when you are KO, is rather useless as you cannot aim and shoot. The basic idea of ​​proposing a BR with environmental destructiveness is certainly fantastic (also because in competitors like PUBG, Apex there are no environments to be destroyed) BUT it MUST be better implemented all
  • jockekanske
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Prep768 wrote: »
    Prep768 wrote: »
    "UPDATE:
    If you're having issues with matchmaking as a full squad, don't click PLAY NOW until your squad is full. Otherwise, whatever squad you have at that moment will be the squad. We're aware of this confusion and working to address it. Thanks."

i... i...
    Me and my buddy duo queued last night, never got any random people to fill up the 2 empty spots. Are you supposed to find 2 randoms and invite them manually ? what gives ?

If you queued as a 2 in squads, then the space should be filled with randoms

thanks for respons, however, after 3 minutes without any fillers it put us into a game as only a duo

This happened to me as well , waited for the squad to fill, next thing I know I'm dropping solo, fun round.

Did it happen every time?

yea, think we only did 3 matches thou, so not sure whats going on hehe :P

Restarting the game seems to fix this after each game !
  • SithMetal71
    175 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    not too impressed, had a couple of rounds, got a few kills, but not for me.
    Should have spent the time adding new maps for CQ, same as other BR modes, it's a pointless exercise that shows no real skill. Pure luck comes to play alot of the time.
  • fakemon64
    898 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    @MrCrecer13
    You got that wrong actually, DICE are creating the content for BFV almost 100%

Criterion ( a different developer ) created Firestorm for BFV and have been for quite some time.

I don't really get the argument that dice and criterion are completely separate and aren't sharing resources.

I'm probably wrong, but the way I see it, ea allocates resources to both of them to get the job done. sure dice money and criterion money, are in separate accounts per se, but aren't they both still ea money in the end?

Regardless, I can't help but find myself wishing that EA set up a dev team that was focused around adding extra additional content and not just one single game mode/map.

Does criterion plan to continue developing firestorm? I suppose it would be interesting if they planned to continue working on new maps,weapons,vehicles,mechanics for firestorm.

Personally I'm not a fan of BR. But I'm totally against battlefield just copy and pasting all these mechanics and slapping a battlefield sticker on it.

I'd like to see changes that turn firestorm into a slightly more original and unique game mode. Vehicles and destructible environments are nice but I'd like to see more things added that set it apart from other BR games.
  • trip1ex
    5228 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2019
    I find it funny BR has a big luck element to it and is the genre of the moment while at the same time there was a big uproar over BF1 being too "casual" lol.

But really the luck in BR mostly cancels out in the long run. Over 10 matches the better players will do better overall. Same sorta thing in BF1 too btw. And at the same time BFV and BF in general always full of random (unlucky) elements. Rounding a corner and meeting a guy with a shotgun of all weapons. A plane dropping a bomb on your head. Go around a corner and a tank appears. Not having a sniper rifle and having to cross an open field. There's a lot of stuff that can kill you in BF that you can't really control.
This discussion has been closed.