DISCUSSION: Battlefield V: Firestorm

Comments

• ABC-Warrior-real
    31 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Criterion should have been making maps for the main game, not wasting time on Firestorm. Honestly, I'm beginning to wonder if DICE aren't trying to kill off Battlefield so they can move onto to other projects, they're doing a great job of making this the worst BF experience yet.

1 new map since launch. 2 more arriving in May and June (maybe) and several months before we get the next theatre of war. And how many maps will that feature?

I'd rather go back to a season pass than watch one of my favourite franchises die a slow death.
  • JamieCurnock
    735 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Joining a squad game on your own puts you in a squad with random people, Joining a squad game with an existing squad of two people (or I assume three but not tested) doesn match you with anyone else, you end up as a squad of two against squads of four. Why?!
  • duellingcarl
    160 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    4 shotgun shells into a guy point blank who had one armor bar and I die to a thompson when I had two armor bars. Then he still had all of his health I just broke his armor. It just doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. I'm done until tweaks are made.
  • MrCrecer13
    54 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @MrCrecer13
    You got that wrong actually, DICE are creating the content for BFV almost 100%

Criterion ( a different developer ) created Firestorm for BFV and have been for quite some time.

This is still a waste of resources and time - another developer who developed Firestorm could help develop core content for multiplayer.

• maggotforl133
    194 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2019
    Firestorm is trash. Right off the start of my first one I get the ground behind a guy, knifed him 4 or 5 times in the back, and he only knifed me once and I was done. Start the forever process again and get shot as soon as I hit the ground.

I’ve tried 5 times now and have yet to last more than maybe 15 seconds as soon as I hit the ground.
  • CoD_Is_Number_1
    309 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    As I said, I took a look at it, but the armour system completely ruined it.
  • trip1ex
    5214 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I imagine this will get shouted down and probably wouldn't work anyway but, what if you could revive a 'dead' soldier like in apex?

So obviously not a dead soldier but maybe instead of dying after being downed you fall unconscious (from the pain of the injury?) Anyway, your squad mates can then decide to either carry the unconscious player to a 'field hospital' (maybe multiple of them dotted around the map). After a quick stab of a needle at the field hospital the soldier is up on his feet again.

You could transport a soldier via any vehicle to the field hospitals, if not then they must be carried which exposes the person carrying them as they can only use a handgun, this then provides the risk reward balance.

Yeah be nice to have this when playing with friends as it is a good feature in Apex. I would probably just treat it as getting a reinforcement or replacement. Maybe for laughs it could be a twin. :)
  • LeesSummit09
    490 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I tried it, thought it played fine. Actually killed one person, then ran around for what seemed like 10 minutes, looking for others, when shot in the back, game over. I am an older player and don't get appeal of BR. Maybe if I tried it longer, might grow on me, but not going to. In regular game, you see top squad and can compare yourself to others on scoreboard. In BR, the only people that see who won is the winner and the last guy he killed, cause everyone else has left to join another game. But, if I thought every game mode was trash cause I got killed quickly, I wouldn't like any game modes.
  • diagoro
    1592 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I tried it, thought it played fine. Actually killed one person, then ran around for what seemed like 10 minutes, looking for others, when shot in the back, game over. I am an older player and don't get appeal of BR. Maybe if I tried it longer, might grow on me, but not going to. In regular game, you see top squad and can compare yourself to others on scoreboard. In BR, the only people that see who won is the winner and the last guy he killed, cause everyone else has left to join another game. But, if I thought every game mode was trash cause I got killed quickly, I wouldn't like any game modes.

Also older, but I get the appeal. There's a hyge amount of tension created. Reminds me of Counterstrike when it first came out. But this game is pointless with the latency and netcode issues. Looks and feels great, jusy not personally worth all the setup time.
  • JediMastaWyn
    583 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Genuinely feels like a waste of resources. To have this instead of a 4 map pack DLC, new faction and new theater! It's just another BR game they all the same with a few minor variations.

• HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I haven't ignored it, I've been enjoying the crap out of it. Is it perfect? No. But it is very good.

I've been a BF player for a long time, but that doesn't mean I can't enjoy other games (like BRs) too.

Agreed
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    6248 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    At this point I just hope weekly ToW assignments aren't tied to BR. Otherwise, I couldn't care less.

Read it and weep: https://dm.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/b4nq49/challenges_for_tides_of_war_chapter_3_uncovered/

Now I really hope this whole BR meme dies in the fire after these 3 weeks are over. Dice is really taking the advertisement to the next level of annoyance.
    I guess I won't get lvl 40 of this chaper after all. What a shame.
  • HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    At this point I just hope weekly ToW assignments aren't tied to BR. Otherwise, I couldn't care less.

Read it and weep: https://dm.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/b4nq49/challenges_for_tides_of_war_chapter_3_uncovered/

Now I really hope this whole BR meme dies in the fire after these 3 weeks are over. Dice is really taking the advertisement to the next level of annoyance.

Only because you choose that though right?
  • MachoFantast1c0
    2067 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    trip1ex wrote: »

But really the luck in BR mostly cancels out in the long run. Over 10 matches the better players will do better overall. Same sorta thing in BF1 too btw. And at the same time BFV and BF in general always full of random (unlucky) elements. Rounding a corner and meeting a guy with a shotgun of all weapons. A plane dropping a bomb on your head. Go around a corner and a tank appears. Not having a sniper rifle and having to cross an open field. There's a lot of stuff that can kill you in BF that you can't really control.

You are correct in general, but the difference is the respawn time: 15 seconds with the possibility of a revive versus over five minutes of wasted time.

• llPhantom_Limbll
    6248 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Because instead of proper content we've received this thing and it's being pushed down our throats because EA is expecting it to be the next BR everybody plays which is not going to happen. But big chunk of money got wasted on it already and they have to recover somehow.
  • HardAimedKid
    edited March 2019

Because instead of proper content we've received this thing and it's being pushed down our throats because EA is expecting it to be the next BR everybody plays which is not going to happen. But big chunk of money got wasted on it already and they have to recover somehow.

Mmmm normally you’re more level headed, but concerning Br you aren’t. Why is it up to you or anyone here what the artist (the dev) decides the content should be, free content at that. An extremely popular genre, not mode, genre was added and I found match after match more quickly than I ever quick match into anything else in the game.

It’s obviously peaked interest, it’s obviously an extremely popular way to play shooters now, yet the people who are mad say it isn’t appropriate or proper for bf. If you don’t hit that level you said it’d be a shame to not hit it’s because you choose to not hit that level, no one to blame but yourself.

As for the BR haters it isn’t going anywhere, it may be the only BF title to ever have Br, bu the genre isn’t going anywhere.
  • Vycinas2
    932 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I m ignoring it. And I wont play it for ToW rewards. I ve played few rounds, solo and squad (with randies). As a solo play I finished in Top 2 while I killed 7 or 8 others in a meantime, and got killed by a camper who was camping near final ring, had no armour left and only 1 HP pack, all while he looted and just waited to get that 1 and only kill. I just dont get this hype, if I was in his shoes I would feel like "insert female reproduction organ name". Dull and boring just like the rest of BFV.
  • Weecheet
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    One thing: building fortifications in base game is pretty dope - why not have same option in BR mode?
  • MagicCris05
    4 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I want to see Duos Gamemode in Firestorm because i want to play with my friend vs team of 2, not vs Squad because is too difficult 2 vs 4
This discussion has been closed.