Weekly Debrief

DISCUSSION: Battlefield V: Firestorm

Comments

• MagicCris05
    4 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I want to see Duos Gamemode in Firestorm because i want to play with my friend vs team of 2, not vs Squad because is too difficult 2 vs 4
  • TEKNOCODE
    10886 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It’s already coming at some point for a limited time.
  • Mangrey
    203 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This game mode dont work as long as you cant see people.
  • mf_shro0m
    1503 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Look, I’m not a fan of BR games as a whole. The concept doesn’t appeal to me.

The fact is that there is luck involved and so you shouldn’t dwell on individual games too much. Over the long-term folks’ luck even out.
    Aside from that, there’s also the fact that what guns you find in a game should influence your approach to the game. I’d advise you to do so if you’re not already doing that.

I can’t stand campers either, but lol ****, there are campers in the main MP mode too
  • Cpt_Blitz_26
    280 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 26
    Draccon149 wrote: »
    of course there are these random elements which are exactly the reason why people (myself included) don't think competitive battle royales really works out. regardless these games are a lot of fun for a lot of players (again myself included). the "randomness" or imbalance is part of the battle royale genre. blaming criterion for making their battle royale game play like a battle royale game is quite a weird thing to do.
    people asked for a BR game and they got one. if its good or not is another question but it clearly is a true battle royale game. if you don't like this kind of game then that's OK... but again complaining about bfv battle royale because it plays like a battle royale is nonsense.

No, we did not ask for a BR BF game, EA saw the money being generated by BR games currrently and said lets do that. Did not matter what the core BF community wanted. I'd rather have a full complete game with more maps/content than a BR mode i'll never bother to play.

i don't know who "we" is but it doesnt matter anyway. people asked for it and ea reacted accordingly. u can like it or hate it but it doesn't change the fact that its true.

hahaha who asked for it?

I'm not bashing it because I actually had some fun with it.

But I didn't see in any forum or place at all that there was a fanbase asking for BATTLE ROYAL in Battlefield 5... please point me to the links and threads. But itsounds like you're pulling that one outta where the good lord split ya.

Let's be real here - Fortnite, PUBG, Apex, Battle Royals in general are popular and making a TON of money. EA wanted to experiment and see if they could cash in on Battlefield... I highly doubt we will see BR mode in another Battlefield game. It was delayed, it wasn't finished, it made the launch of BF5 sooo wonky.
  • Cpt_Blitz_26
    280 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 26
    I'd like:

- Duos
    - Revive squads at checkpoints
    - Boxes for dead players
    - Moving attachments around on your primary weapons...
    - More balance to the 3 tier gun system
    - Improved ping system

Ya know... things that are in all the other BRs but they just left out of here for some reason. Those are things that make them GOOD... not bad.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5494 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    At this point I just hope weekly ToW assignments aren't tied to BR. Otherwise, I couldn't care less.

Read it and weep: https://dm.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/b4nq49/challenges_for_tides_of_war_chapter_3_uncovered/

Now I really hope this whole BR meme dies in the fire after these 3 weeks are over. Dice is really taking the advertisement to the next level of annoyance.
    I guess I won't get lvl 40 of this chaper after all. What a shame.

Only because you choose that though right?

Because instead of proper content we've received this thing and it's being pushed down our throats because EA is expecting it to be the next BR everybody plays which is not going to happen. But big chunk of money got wasted on it already and they have to recover somehow.

Mmmm normally you’re more level headed, but concerning Br you aren’t. Why is it up to you or anyone here what the artist (the dev) decides the content should be, free content at that. An extremely popular genre, not mode, genre was added and I found match after match more quickly than I ever quick match into anything else in the game.

It’s obviously peaked interest, it’s obviously an extremely popular way to play shooters now, yet the people who are mad say it isn’t appropriate or proper for bf. If you don’t hit that level you said it’d be a shame to not hit it’s because you choose to not hit that level, no one to blame but yourself.

As for the BR haters it isn’t going anywhere, it may be the only BF title to ever have Br, bu the genre isn’t going anywhere.

Me and many others would have preferred proper content to be added. Like multiplayer maps, factions, vehicles and so on. But we've got firestorm and it's being hyped like no tomorrow while roadmap for the next 5 months looks weak and not impressive. I wonder isn't that because loads of resourced were put into development and advertising of BF BR instead of something worth while.

Even though BR is very popular at this moment, there are plenty of pure BR games. I don't the the idea of adding it to every second shooter around. First of all, it's really hard to catch up with already known and popular games like PUBG. And secondly, not every community of those games is happy to see BR as a part of the next title.

It's also bothering me why did EA decide to add BR to BFV while Apex was in development the same time? I'm 100% sure people would be pleased with Apex alone and we would not have to see it here.

In the end I won't be as annoyed as I currently am if Dice left me alone and didn't push BR on me so I could play BF the way iw ant. But of course if advertisement happens it has to be at full force so ToW assignments for at least 3 weeks will be tied to BR for no god damn reason. That's what makes me really angry. The mode itself can exist as long as there is someone willing to play but I'm not one of those and don't want to deal with it.
  • Mangrey
    203 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    being able to see people ?
  • kohagan1942
    54 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Ploodovic wrote: »
    Tried playing what everyone is so hyped about - Was my first and last time playing BR.

A total RNG campfest. I don't understand why was it necessary to add those stupid RNG systems. I've heard it was going to be fair and even fight, it's anything but that. People who are lucky to find pink weapons instantly get an advantage over everyone else.

Why couldn't they leave all guns at default settings or apply certain specs to them, or just allow players to pick the specialization they want for them so that when player drops and finds a gun, that gun will have his specializations applied.

Same goes for armor. You could go 1 v 1 against someone and they will win only because they sucked up more bullets than you because of higher level armor.

Total mess of a mode.

That’s Battle Royale.

Amen. It is indeed BR. There are plenty of opportunity to get good Loot, avoid people early on. you just have to be sneaky and you can take out others with better gear.
  • SirBobdk
    4072 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @llPhantom_Limbll wrote
    Me and many others would have preferred proper content to be added. Like multiplayer maps, factions, vehicles and so on. But we've got firestorm and it's being hyped like no tomorrow while roadmap for the next 5 months looks weak and not impressive
    100% agree. very disappointing but not surprising
  • worldzealot
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So my game keeps crashing ever since this patch, play 1 firestorm game crash, go into armory instant crash, constant crashes....
  • LOLGotYerTags
    13091 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Hi there.

We have an active main thread regarding Firestorm, So please use that instead.

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/183763/discussion-battlefield-v-firestorm#latest
  • Gam_BOWS
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Can Firestorm please allow Duos?
  • bran1986
    5698 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    You think BFV is an even playing field? You are gimped and at a disadvantage by selecting any other class outside of assault.
  • echo-smoker93
    81 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    To be honest my first play made me uninstall BFV. I'm feeling like an idiot for wasting money in this and i bought deluxe edition, wich make me a deluxe idiot and I defended so much this game. Tried even to make my friends buy it. "Will get better in future", "Look at the potential" but when I look at the current state and the roadmap i just want to cry and mourn for my favorite shooter. :'(
  • woba42
    41 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Things to fix:

- you hear your own footsteps way too much
    - looting system is awful
    - 2x scopes on sniper rifles is blurred?
    - achieveing a victory is boring (i mean the sign at the end, you don't even realize you've won)
    - duos will be a limited time only? i mean what, are they trying to be "unique" or "creative" by this limited time modes, i want to play duos more than anyting, why wouldn't that be a permanent thing?
    - wanting to play squads alone let's say we are 3 friends and don't want a 4th, by the time you click "start now" you already have a forth in your squad
    - crashing a chooper doesn't kill you (always)
    - swaping things in backpack is not polished enough
    - revive animation sometimes skips itself...

But all in all the game is really good in my opinion.

But for now, just change the god damn looting, things landing on top of eachother and you trying to pick the bottom item is just impossible.
  • munkt0r
    3037 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    bran1986 wrote: »
    When seeing all these Firestorm-Threads I can't wait for threads from BR-only players crying about vehicles and everything else in the standard BF gamemodes^^

There are vehicles in Firestorm lol.

I took his post to mean people that play BR's in general (not specifically Firestorm) crying that Firestorm DOES have vehicles.
  • SerSkrungus
    38 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Frankly I tried it and was not impressed. I for one am SICK of BR games/gametypes you drop in get killed instantly and then spend 30 minutes watching everyone else play and have fun because you don't wanna leave your group of friends. B.R. blows and I will be sticking to base game thank you very much. How about giving me weeklies that don't involve forcing me into firestorm. I am not mad I am just very disappointed in this whole franchise, EA DICE has been pushing their customer base farther and farther away all so they can bring in the 10 year olds with mommies credit card to play battle royale. Really though...all you came up with was battle royale?
  • OhBoiHalf
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    We NEED a South American server, its impossible to play this at a NA server with 200ms ping D=
  • BIO30NGclankillr
    45 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member