DISCUSSION: Battlefield V: Firestorm

Comments

• Locobrasil
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    SOUTH AMERICA SERVERS cmom
  • flqkiller
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    NEEED HELP!! Im on ps4 and in just cant select a classe whatever the game mode i just cant see the classe so it kick me out every time
  • flqkiller
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    NEED HELP! i cant select classe in every mode multiplay even firestorm so i just cant spawn any idea to how fix this bug?
  • TropicPoison
    2505 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Draccon149 wrote: »
    of course there are these random elements which are exactly the reason why people (myself included) don't think competitive battle royales really works out. regardless these games are a lot of fun for a lot of players (again myself included). the "randomness" or imbalance is part of the battle royale genre. blaming criterion for making their battle royale game play like a battle royale game is quite a weird thing to do.
    people asked for a BR game and they got one. if its good or not is another question but it clearly is a true battle royale game. if you don't like this kind of game then that's OK... but again complaining about bfv battle royale because it plays like a battle royale is nonsense.

No, we did not ask for a BR BF game, EA saw the money being generated by BR games currrently and said lets do that. Did not matter what the core BF community wanted. I'd rather have a full complete game with more maps/content than a BR mode i'll never bother to play.

i don't know who "we" is but it doesnt matter anyway. people asked for it and ea reacted accordingly. u can like it or hate it but it doesn't change the fact that its true.

I never saw anyone mentioning for dice add BR before bfv came out, you mean EA wanted to add it mainly for some of that fortnite pie.
  • PDM_Ilmatto
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Please, change the loot pick system, its impossible to make fast and easy!
  • goldfinger_is_OP
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    NZ player here - have been enjoying the game but can tell it will get samey pretty quick. 235 ping though? Unplayable.... :|
  • crabman169
    12848 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    You guys don't even know what you hate anymore
    of course there are these random elements which are exactly the reason why people (myself included) don't think competitive battle royales really works out. regardless these games are a lot of fun for a lot of players (again myself included). the "randomness" or imbalance is part of the battle royale genre. blaming criterion for making their battle royale game play like a battle royale game is quite a weird thing to do.
    people asked for a BR game and they got one. if its good or not is another question but it clearly is a true battle royale game. if you don't like this kind of game then that's OK... but again complaining about bfv battle royale because it plays like a battle royale is nonsense.

No, we did not ask for a BR BF game, EA saw the money being generated by BR games currrently and said lets do that. Did not matter what the core BF community wanted. I'd rather have a full complete game with more maps/content than a BR mode i'll never bother to play.

i don't know who "we" is but it doesnt matter anyway. people asked for it and ea reacted accordingly. u can like it or hate it but it doesn't change the fact that its true.

I never saw anyone mentioning for dice add BR before bfv came out, you mean EA wanted to add it mainly for some of that fortnite pie.

Since pubg launch bf was bombarded with people demanding they make a BR in Battlefield or at least with frostbite. @HardAimedKid can vouch for that cos he did want it and I used to argue against him saying it doesn't belong.

"Even playing field"; no mp game is an even playing field.

• HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    crabman169 wrote: »
    You guys don't even know what you hate anymore

Since pubg launch bf was bombarded with people demanding they make a BR in Battlefield or at least with frostbite. @HardAimedKid can vouch for that cos he did want it and I used to argue against him saying it doesn't belong.

"Even playing field"; no mp game is an even playing field.

I did indeed. I got excited about pubg after initially being extremely closed minded like many around here. Then once I played it I craved BR even though pubg was trash. I said you know, frostbite would be amazing to see a BR on. Now unfortunately it was done in ww2 but to my surprise it works well, even with the tanks it seems to work well. Get the looting fixed and the inventory management right and I’ll be hooked.
  • HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    astraussdc wrote: »
    The randomness is the point though. That's the unique source of excitement for BR modes. You all start with nothing and you don't know if you're going to land on a treasure trove or a pile of garbage. You don't who else is going to land with you or how many. You don't know which direction the circle is going to press you. Etc. Yet you still have to make it work if you can and so try to choose your fights and movement path wisely. It forces you to vary your style of play and weapons based on what you find and where you are. It's why these games can thrive while only having one map -- each time you drop it can still be a different experience. You either like that or you don't.

Well said.
  • JohnyMau
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I came to this topic thinking I'd read some real insight into Firestorm supposedly bad design and instead you just said you don't like cuz it has too much of an RNG factor. Some people already said it, but I'll say it one more time: that's how Battle Royales work. It is ALSO about looting and finding the best gear and/or overcoming challenges if you're undergeared.

But it's an open world enviroment, it's just plain dumb to break it down to "person who found the best loot wins". There's strategy and positioning involved. Knowing how to move from one spot to another while minimizing the chances of being spotted or caught under fire with nowhere near cover, tracking down enemies for a clear shot opportunity, listening to your surroundings, and so on.

Don't get me wrong, there is room for improvement. The inventory system is quite bad imo and perhaps they should allow players to remove/change weapons' attachments. Some people rather aim down snipers using iron sights, for example, but if you're to pick a pink sniper you're not given that option. So you get the nice weapon specializations, but you can't mess around with the attachments.

TL;DR: If your main complaint about this game mode is the RNG factor, you're just in the wrong game mode pal.
  • okinawa2006
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    very well said, personally i like firestorm because you dont know what will happen every game is different and exciting, yes sometimes you last 30 seconds, maybe its like sex same place same time same person, it gets boring. This type of game mode keeps you on your toes.
  • GrubVVorm
    2 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Dice failed again. It is my fault for expecting a fun game from EA. EA's motto we will fix it in the new version you can buy. I am a sucker
  • Astr0damus
    2904 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Tried playing what everyone is so hyped about - Was my first and last time playing BR.

A total RNG campfest. I don't understand why was it necessary to add those stupid RNG systems. I've heard it was going to be fair and even fight, it's anything but that. People who are lucky to find pink weapons instantly get an advantage over everyone else.

Why couldn't they leave all guns at default settings or apply certain specs to them, or just allow players to pick the specialization they want for them so that when player drops and finds a gun, that gun will have his specializations applied.

Same goes for armor. You could go 1 v 1 against someone and they will win only because they sucked up more bullets than you because of higher level armor.

Total mess of a mode.

In Firestorm, whoever gets a scope wins---whereas in BF EVERYONE gets a 3x scope (except medics of course).
  • Astr0damus
    2904 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Prep768 wrote: »
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    I saw someone say that they added AP mines to it lol

And I don't see how it's even close to an even playing field when it's luck based

Um, luck based = even playing field. Everyone starts the same.

Everyone would start the same if they dropped with their own loadout, not a knife.

Only if all load outs were identical......

...... Scio would still choose a knife

Stay golden, pony-boy.
  • Astr0damus
    diagoro wrote: »
    There's a hyge amount of tension created.

You just accidentally combined "hype" and "huge" and came up with a pretty cool new word. I think I shall use it henceforth.
  • Prep768
    3476 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Astr0damus wrote: »
    Prep768 wrote: »
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    I saw someone say that they added AP mines to it lol

And I don't see how it's even close to an even playing field when it's luck based

Um, luck based = even playing field. Everyone starts the same.

Everyone would start the same if they dropped with their own loadout, not a knife.

Only if all load outs were identical......

...... Scio would still choose a knife

Stay golden, pony-boy.

Are you referring to my hair or my manhood?
  • Astr0damus
    edited March 2019

During BF1, there were literally dozens of threads created weekly demanding a battle-royale mode.
    (I didn't include BFV threads before it was announced)
    ===
    BF1-BR-mode1.jpg
    BF1-BR-mode2.jpg
    BF1-BR-mode3.jpg

• VincentNZ
    3885 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Astr0damus wrote: »
    Tried playing what everyone is so hyped about - Was my first and last time playing BR.

A total RNG campfest. I don't understand why was it necessary to add those stupid RNG systems. I've heard it was going to be fair and even fight, it's anything but that. People who are lucky to find pink weapons instantly get an advantage over everyone else.

Why couldn't they leave all guns at default settings or apply certain specs to them, or just allow players to pick the specialization they want for them so that when player drops and finds a gun, that gun will have his specializations applied.

Same goes for armor. You could go 1 v 1 against someone and they will win only because they sucked up more bullets than you because of higher level armor.

Total mess of a mode.

In Firestorm, whoever gets a scope wins---whereas in BF EVERYONE gets a 3x scope (except medics of course).

Not only that, but there is no downside or investment in equipping a certain weapon, which stems from always having two primaries. That is the reason why BAs rule. You control the engagement, have the highest damage output and can always switch your weapon.
This discussion has been closed.