Weekly Debrief

DISCUSSION: Battlefield V: Firestorm

Comments

• VincentNZ
    3206 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Astr0damus wrote: »
    Tried playing what everyone is so hyped about - Was my first and last time playing BR.

A total RNG campfest. I don't understand why was it necessary to add those stupid RNG systems. I've heard it was going to be fair and even fight, it's anything but that. People who are lucky to find pink weapons instantly get an advantage over everyone else.

Why couldn't they leave all guns at default settings or apply certain specs to them, or just allow players to pick the specialization they want for them so that when player drops and finds a gun, that gun will have his specializations applied.

Same goes for armor. You could go 1 v 1 against someone and they will win only because they sucked up more bullets than you because of higher level armor.

Total mess of a mode.

In Firestorm, whoever gets a scope wins---whereas in BF EVERYONE gets a 3x scope (except medics of course).

Not only that, but there is no downside or investment in equipping a certain weapon, which stems from always having two primaries. That is the reason why BAs rule. You control the engagement, have the highest damage output and can always switch your weapon.
  • Astr0damus
    2904 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    git gud (loot) son™
  • Astr0damus
    2904 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

But I didn't see in any forum or place at all that there was a fanbase asking for BATTLE ROYAL in Battlefield 5... please point me to the links and threads. But itsounds like you're pulling that one outta where the good lord split ya.
    It was a daily thing for a while...
    ===
    BF1-BR-mode1.jpg
    BF1-BR-mode2.jpg
    BF1-BR-mode3.jpg
    ==
    Hopefully this "no one was asking for it" idea is squashed. Note: *I* did not ask for it. I may have said I would give it a go, but it was certainly not something I was "dying to have" in Battlefield.
  • Astr0damus
    Prep768 wrote: »
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    I saw someone say that they added AP mines to it lol

And I don't see how it's even close to an even playing field when it's luck based

Um, luck based = even playing field. Everyone starts the same.

Everyone would start the same if they dropped with their own loadout, not a knife.

Only if all load outs were identical......

...... Scio would still choose a knife

Stay golden, pony-boy.

Are you referring to my hair or my manhood?

Your hairy-manhood (or so I'm told)
  • TropicPoison
    2421 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Draccon149 wrote: »
    of course there are these random elements which are exactly the reason why people (myself included) don't think competitive battle royales really works out. regardless these games are a lot of fun for a lot of players (again myself included). the "randomness" or imbalance is part of the battle royale genre. blaming criterion for making their battle royale game play like a battle royale game is quite a weird thing to do.
    people asked for a BR game and they got one. if its good or not is another question but it clearly is a true battle royale game. if you don't like this kind of game then that's OK... but again complaining about bfv battle royale because it plays like a battle royale is nonsense.

No, we did not ask for a BR BF game, EA saw the money being generated by BR games currrently and said lets do that. Did not matter what the core BF community wanted. I'd rather have a full complete game with more maps/content than a BR mode i'll never bother to play.

i don't know who "we" is but it doesnt matter anyway. people asked for it and ea reacted accordingly. u can like it or hate it but it doesn't change the fact that its true.

I never saw anyone mentioning for dice add BR before bfv came out, you mean EA wanted to add it mainly for some of that fortnite pie.

During BF1, there were literally dozens of threads created weekly demanding a battle-royale mode.
    (I didn't include BFV threads before it was announced)
    ===
    BF1-BR-mode1.jpg
    BF1-BR-mode2.jpg
    BF1-BR-mode3.jpg

Well thank God they didn't add it to BF1 to tarnish it, even though it probably would have played better and been more balanced with weapons in BF1.

I guess I wasn't on the days people obsessed over adding BR since the threads apparently died after a bit.
  • Astr0damus
    My (Firestorm) Feedback thus far:
    Here's one that I can't explain--the wrong person died. PS: He never even saw me.
    Video:

==
    Still shot:
    Frag-Rifle.jpg
  • sabootheshaman
    1166 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    My (Firestorm) Feedback thus far:
    Here's one that I can't explain--the wrong person died. PS: He never even saw me.
    Video:

==
    Still shot:
    Frag-Rifle.jpg

Your connection is bad in that, you can see the icons. Looks like lag compensation may be the culprit. Maybe it's put the nade a few steps closer to you in the calculation. Im tipping it looked very different to the other player and the server. Possibly quite fairly also.
  • tolly2121
    15 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I just have to say - I love this mode. Firestorm is dope. I have read some articles and some comments and it seems that people complain about how (1) it takes a minute to sort through things on the ground, (2) it encourages "camping," (3) it moves slow. I would suggest this is precisely WHAT makes it better than other BR games. One thing that BF has always done is bring in a certain element of reality into the game - bullet drop, weapon recoil, ammunition limitations, etc. I love how this mode encourages you to "camp," AKA actually play smart and not run around running and gunning. It adds in the extra element of deciding where to go and where to set up and what spot is the most advantageous. No other game incorporates that to the degree that Firestorm does. I always felt that Apex and Fortnite are far too cartoonish, Fortnite even more so because of the "building" ability - a glorified version of Minecraft. Firestorm makes you play smart, play like an actual solider in that you don't shoot your gun at everything that moves, and encourages squad play. Camping also is mitigated since you can basically knock down any building with all the gadgets you can find. Definitely my favorite BR mode simply because of the things that makes it different from the other titles in the genre.
  • Skitelz7
    925 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

We need local servers ASAP!
    Can't play like this.
  • BIO30NGclankillr
    45 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Skitelz7 wrote: »

We need local servers ASAP!
    Can't play like this.

^relatable

They are testing changes on Oceania servers

• MalleaCL
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    We urgently need a server in SA, for all latin players, it is really unplayable with a ping over 200.
  • lPVT_lRYAN
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I must admit, this mode is growing on me but what really pisses me off is the lack of creativity in the structure of this mode. Why does it have to be like others? Why can't we drop in as one of our already made classes with out weapon of choice? Lose this armour ****, allow us to build ammo and med stations as we do and then let the best squad/player win the round. THAT I'd love to see and play.
  • The_BERG_366
    2416 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

But I didn't see in any forum or place at all that there was a fanbase asking for BATTLE ROYAL in Battlefield 5... please point me to the links and threads. But itsounds like you're pulling that one outta where the good lord split ya.
    It was a daily thing for a while...
    ===
    BF1-BR-mode1.jpg
    BF1-BR-mode2.jpg
    BF1-BR-mode3.jpg
    ==
    Hopefully this "no one was asking for it" idea is squashed. Note: *I* did not ask for it. I may have said I would give it a go, but it was certainly not something I was "dying to have" in Battlefield.

@Cpt_Blitz_26
  • craigerswuzhere
    103 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I had very low expectations going in. I was not disappointed. I think I only tried it just to see how bad and boring it would be. It was kind of like Sharknado. You can't help but laugh at how bad it is.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    13305 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    edited March 27
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    I saw someone say that they added AP mines to it lol

And I don't see how it's even close to an even playing field when it's luck based

Um, luck based = even playing field. Everyone starts the same.

Everyone would start the same if they dropped with their own loadout, not a knife.

Only if all load outs were identical......

...... Scio would still choose a knife

Stay golden, pony-boy.

Keep it on topic please.
  • Oio89i77y6yu
    56 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm going to suggest an idea. Why not do something different and change up the same old BR formula?? For squad Firestorm, how about you get rid of the planes and parachuting down, get rid of the pre-round hanger and just have all squads randomly spawn together around the map like a regular game. One load screen, normal countdown timer and no theatrics. It would quicken things up considerably and everyone will be on the same playing field.

Thanks is the dumbest idea. The whole point of a br is jumping out where you want and looting up and moving onto where you want ..your decisions dictate victory or defeat by every move you make .. you start spawning random teams where ever it'll be like cod with spawn campers & you'll be spawned with garbage looting spots
  • GrandMG42CamPeR
    286 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Yesternite I tried it out and didnt like it at all.
  • Kayback
    367 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Why are all Firestorm comments getting herded into this one topic? This is rediculous.
  • _MwG_StangV2_0
    80 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    To the powers that be.

Please give us local Firestorm servers for South Africa. The infrastructure is already there since we have local BFV servers we just need the firestorm ones now.

We are getting pushed into foreign games with pings sitting around 220 - 250ms. This is ruining our experience of Firestorm.

Many SA gamers are calling out for this in last 24 hours with many threads and tweets regarding this. Please.
  • Kayback
    367 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 27
    bran1986 wrote: »
    You think BFV is an even playing field? You are gimped and at a disadvantage by selecting any other class outside of assault.

The difference is in core BFV I chose to gimp myself. In BR I dropped in the same place as last time where I got an STG44 and I found a bolt action. I don't use bolt actions cos I suck at them. Search other houses, med pack, med pack, armour plate, pistol ammo, pistol ammo, grenade, med pack, med pack, Jesus should I open a dispensary? Panzerfaust? OK handy against tanks. Ooh look a Sten and dead from the guy with the G43. Welp that was fun.