So I can choose/switch factions in fire storm but no't in the main game ..why is that ?

WSS-JuliusHeide
21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
We want to be able to choose a team at least at the start of the round ... after that remove the option... and have it at the start of the next round again ...

Comments

• SirSpectacle
    814 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    You may have noticed that faction switiching in Firestorm is only cosmetic.
  • Trokey66
    8943 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Not sure why, but something tells.me that someone only wants to play as Germans.

I may be wrong but.....
  • Lt-Rapido
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    Not sure why, but something tells.me that someone only wants to play as Germans.

I may be wrong but.....

Yeah who even wants to play as scrubby brits
  • Hawxxeye
    7058 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The good news for now is that on the breakthrough/conquest mix servers named Bombastic fantastic something you can sort of chose your faction:
    It will keep you in the same faction you originally join for all maps outside of Arras, so if you want to play B109 G2 like me you want to join as axis on either Panzerstorm, Hamada or Twisted steel or as Allies on Arras
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    6172 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Because there is basically no faction in BR. You simply pick cosmetics' variations to wear.
  • ElliotLH
    9179 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    There's that 'we' again.
  • WSS-JuliusHeide
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

Agreed! But I still can't see the problem with letting me choose a side at the start of ANY match/round. Why is this unbalance ??? Were is the problem? And NO No team switching in the middle of the round ... ok agreed ! Next round we choose again .. and so on.. ALL HAPPY CAMPERS !
  • Dr_X2345
    774 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Agreed! But I still can't see the problem with letting me choose a side at the start of ANY match/round. Why is this unbalance ??? Were is the problem? And NO No team switching in the middle of the round ... ok agreed ! Next round we choose again .. and so on.. ALL HAPPY CAMPERS !

I was prepared to disagree, but I can see where you're coming from. I'm not sure if that would be the best option though - at the moment some sort of team shuffle is definitely needed, but whether team switching at the end of rounds would make that better or worse I'm not sure. I get it if you want to play as a specific faction, but I think a decent amount of the time it would be more for getting on the team which is doing better.
    Lt-Rapido wrote: »
    Trokey66 wrote: »

I may be wrong but.....

Yeah who even wants to play as scrubby brits

Tbf, at least IMO the German customisation is a lot cooler. Maybe it's less accurate, but damn does my Assault look cool with the Fjell camo Valkyrie set and Silver Dagger helmet, and the Hades helmet is arguably my favourite helmet item in the game (idk why lol, it just looks cool).
  • WSS-JuliusHeide
    I like to play germans win/loos so if I can't , then I will not spend money on cosmetics that I will be using only half of the times... If I don't enjoy playing as a specific faction I will no't play ... and I really want to play the game.. I enjoy it some times ....
  • ElliotLH
    9179 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I like to play germans win/loos so if I can't , then I will not spend money on cosmetics that I will be using only half of the times... If I don't enjoy playing as a specific faction I will no't play ... and I really want to play the game.. I enjoy it some times ....

Well unfortunately unless you're on Xbox or have a friend on the German side you will have to either play the faction you're assigned or quit the server to try another.
  • bigiain
    352 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

On the linear modes, certain maps will get a reputation as being easier for either attackers or defenders. If you allow picking a side, a lot of players who know the maps will pick the side that gives them an easy win or a chance to buff their stats. It would make match making even worse than it is now.
  • oXGeminiXo
    355 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah it when vehicles are released I can see it now one side would show up to fight and the other side would be ready when they release the the vehicle for their side a week later. You shouldn't really look at sides being choose at that screen but the fact that you have 8 different looks you can choose for a every man for them selves game mode.
  • SirSpectacle
    814 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

To be honest, I prefer things when campers are unhappy.
  • fisknyllet17
    1734 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    We want to be able to choose a team at least at the start of the round ... after that remove the option... and have it at the start of the next round again ...
    out of all characters from the books you chose Julius Heide...you should've gone with Porta.

When it comes to the op: nope. bad idea. would raise even more complaints methinks.
  • ninjapenquinuk
    2216 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The problem is DICE seems to 'balance' the round before you load into it, hence why will still get an imbalance of numbers even at the start of the game. To swap sides you would need to do it before you have loaded into the next round to allow the 'balancer' to do its thing -whatever that is.
  • Trokey66
    8943 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Thought so.....
  • fisknyllet17
    1734 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The problem is DICE seems to 'balance' the round before you load into it, hence why will still get an imbalance of numbers even at the start of the game. To swap sides you would need to do it before you have loaded into the next round to allow the 'balancer' to do its thing -whatever that is.
    This is the extension of my thought process. I wouldn't have put it so eloquently though.
  • esturias_88
    135 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Agreed! But I still can't see the problem with letting me choose a side at the start of ANY match/round.
    Then maybe invest 5 seconds into thinking about it again. Imagine all players had the option to choose sides at the start. What could be the problem?
    Why would you care about something as irrelevant as that in an arcade action shooter?
  • ElliotLH
    Agreed! But I still can't see the problem with letting me choose a side at the start of ANY match/round.
    Then maybe invest 5 seconds into thinking about it again. Imagine all players had the option to choose sides at the start. What could be the problem?
    Why would you care about something as irrelevant as that in an arcade action shooter?

I think the clue is in the name...
  • Trokey66
    ElliotLH wrote: »

I think the clue is in the name...

My thoughts exactly.