DISCUSSION: Battlefield V: Firestorm

Comments

  • aRrAyStArTaT0
    786 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Astr0damus wrote: »
    Draccon149 wrote: »
    of course there are these random elements which are exactly the reason why people (myself included) don't think competitive battle royales really works out. regardless these games are a lot of fun for a lot of players (again myself included). the "randomness" or imbalance is part of the battle royale genre. blaming criterion for making their battle royale game play like a battle royale game is quite a weird thing to do.
    people asked for a BR game and they got one. if its good or not is another question but it clearly is a true battle royale game. if you don't like this kind of game then that's OK... but again complaining about bfv battle royale because it plays like a battle royale is nonsense.

    No, we did not ask for a BR BF game, EA saw the money being generated by BR games currrently and said lets do that. Did not matter what the core BF community wanted. I'd rather have a full complete game with more maps/content than a BR mode i'll never bother to play.

    i don't know who "we" is but it doesnt matter anyway. people asked for it and ea reacted accordingly. u can like it or hate it but it doesn't change the fact that its true.

    I never saw anyone mentioning for dice add BR before bfv came out, you mean EA wanted to add it mainly for some of that fortnite pie.

    During BF1, there were literally dozens of threads created weekly demanding a battle-royale mode.
    (I didn't include BFV threads before it was announced)
    ===
    If you could not spam your pictures over and over, that'd be great.
  • MaGicBush86
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    In other words, you were unlucky.

    Exactly. This is the worst thing you can say about any game that includes skill based ganeplay. Not 'outplayed' or 'outgunned', no, it's just 'unlucky. This word takes any thrill of competition and throws it out the window.

    This applies to all br games honestly.. I'm not sure what you guys were expecting.
  • Trokey66
    8602 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 27
    Battlefield has always in the past and up to this point been about all out war, simulated battlefields, armies fighting for control.

    This is the polar opposite of that.

    Really?

    Explain TDM then, that doesn't seem to be about "all out war, simulated battlefields, armies fighting for control. " either.
  • BFBulletin
    76 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 27
  • Trokey66
    8602 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Astr0damus wrote: »
    Draccon149 wrote: »
    of course there are these random elements which are exactly the reason why people (myself included) don't think competitive battle royales really works out. regardless these games are a lot of fun for a lot of players (again myself included). the "randomness" or imbalance is part of the battle royale genre. blaming criterion for making their battle royale game play like a battle royale game is quite a weird thing to do.
    people asked for a BR game and they got one. if its good or not is another question but it clearly is a true battle royale game. if you don't like this kind of game then that's OK... but again complaining about bfv battle royale because it plays like a battle royale is nonsense.

    No, we did not ask for a BR BF game, EA saw the money being generated by BR games currrently and said lets do that. Did not matter what the core BF community wanted. I'd rather have a full complete game with more maps/content than a BR mode i'll never bother to play.

    i don't know who "we" is but it doesnt matter anyway. people asked for it and ea reacted accordingly. u can like it or hate it but it doesn't change the fact that its true.

    I never saw anyone mentioning for dice add BR before bfv came out, you mean EA wanted to add it mainly for some of that fortnite pie.

    During BF1, there were literally dozens of threads created weekly demanding a battle-royale mode.
    (I didn't include BFV threads before it was announced)
    ===
    If you could not spam your pictures over and over, that'd be great.

    A reasonable request if people stop this "We never asked for it" nonsense.
  • crabman169
    12846 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    Astr0damus wrote: »
    Draccon149 wrote: »
    of course there are these random elements which are exactly the reason why people (myself included) don't think competitive battle royales really works out. regardless these games are a lot of fun for a lot of players (again myself included). the "randomness" or imbalance is part of the battle royale genre. blaming criterion for making their battle royale game play like a battle royale game is quite a weird thing to do.
    people asked for a BR game and they got one. if its good or not is another question but it clearly is a true battle royale game. if you don't like this kind of game then that's OK... but again complaining about bfv battle royale because it plays like a battle royale is nonsense.

    No, we did not ask for a BR BF game, EA saw the money being generated by BR games currrently and said lets do that. Did not matter what the core BF community wanted. I'd rather have a full complete game with more maps/content than a BR mode i'll never bother to play.

    i don't know who "we" is but it doesnt matter anyway. people asked for it and ea reacted accordingly. u can like it or hate it but it doesn't change the fact that its true.

    I never saw anyone mentioning for dice add BR before bfv came out, you mean EA wanted to add it mainly for some of that fortnite pie.

    During BF1, there were literally dozens of threads created weekly demanding a battle-royale mode.
    (I didn't include BFV threads before it was announced)
    ===
    If you could not spam your pictures over and over, that'd be great.

    A reasonable request if people stop this "We never asked for it" nonsense.

    QTF. Also it seems as if he double posted which can happen
  • LoganX1
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Wow! I knew Firestorm was going to be boring, but I had no idea that once you die, you have to sit there and wait for the entire game to end before you can play again.
    No you don't. You can exit the game and go back into the queue.

  • JOHNAVFC7
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I cant believe the current system that is in place after you kill someone and their loot drops scattered on the ground like how was this able to pass any phase of testing?

    Its literally ridiculous to look at a pile of stuff trying to pick out an item you want often i literally cant even get it because its right next to something or under something else

    Not to mention the fact that nothing is categorized so i cant just sort through it and find what im looking for quickly and move. Looting dead bodies takes way too long and is way too frustrating and then at the end i sometimes cant even pick up what i want its a mess

    Other than that the mode is pretty fun but this is a serious and very obvious issue that needs addressing like within a few days tops

    It cant be hard to implement a bag system like they have in blackout or apex or pubg that is a standard feature in first person battle royale games

    I feel your pain. Trying to get ammo thats under the gun and swaps your gun without you knowing and get shot in the back cause you have stood there for 20 minutes trying to get you gun back and look round the mess on the floor. It needs cleaning up big time. Most of my deaths have been from looting.

    Also they need to make winning the game more dramatic. You kill last guy and you been on this adventure nearly dying so many times. Head shot the last guy and a little sound and your guy strolls forward with fire animation behind him lol. Needs to be better. It doesn't make you feel you accomplished anything.
  • hunk2
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Big BUG!
    Have you met this or this is fake video?

  • alienstout
    680 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm ignoring the whole game until they get a real AC and fix the Potatofield graphics.
  • VincentNZ
    3480 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    In other words, you were unlucky.

    Exactly. This is the worst thing you can say about any game that includes skill based ganeplay. Not 'outplayed' or 'outgunned', no, it's just 'unlucky. This word takes any thrill of competition and throws it out the window.

    This applies to all br games honestly.. I'm not sure what you guys were expecting.

    To a minor extent only, in PUBG I can not recall a round where I did not have a sufficient scope attached to a weapon. Yeah whole weapon classes are obsolete, but hits are way deadlier in that game. The armour mechanic is very imbalanced when you compare it to direct competitors, too, which causes a greater balance and consistency issue than in this 2 year old game.
  • Skitelz7
    925 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Firestorm is trash. Right off the start of my first one I get the ground behind a guy, knifed him 4 or 5 times in the back, and he only knifed me once and I was done. Start the forever process again and get shot as soon as I hit the ground.

    I’ve tried 5 times now and have yet to last more than maybe 15 seconds as soon as I hit the ground.

    Maybe try landing somewhere that isn't full of people.
    You're welcome.
  • TEKNOCODE
    11177 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    Battlefield has always in the past and up to this point been about all out war, simulated battlefields, armies fighting for control.

    This is the polar opposite of that.

    Really?

    Explain TDM then, that doesn't seem to be about "all out war, simulated battlefields, armies fighting for control. " either.

    Tdm is the only true representation of war. No zerging. Also, no zerging.
  • aseveredfoot
    2448 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I think if the guns were just all the same and all the gear the same and no RNG, it'd get boring pretty fast; there'd be even less depth.

    And even though BR games have somehow managed to carve out a "competitive" aspect, they are all rarely "fair" in that everybody's got the same chance. You've just gotta develop better sense about the game, because it is going to take way more than raw gun skill to win in BR, and the element of luck is what I like. Sometimes you get wrecked purely based on if you ended up with bad gear. It's not your fault really so there's no need to get upset. Just match up next time and play another round.

    The base game is where you go for a "fair" fight.

    But my own criticism is that I agree with those saying T2 to T3 gear is too big a disparity. I rarely can tell the difference when I kill someone wearing T1 or T2 armor, but someone with T3 is nearly unkillable; it took me half a Bren mag to even begin to chip away at an enemy's base health, and by that time his squad mates had time to turn and kill me, and I had done a vicious end-around on them and was shooting them from their right rear flank. I thought I had them dead to rights, and if it'd been conquest they would have been.

    Then the times I've had T3 MG42s it was easy mode to kill others, from distance and just cqb hip fire.
  • il_BLacK_HawK_li
    5 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    New World record of kills on FIRESTORM
  • il_BLacK_HawK_li
    5 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    New world record of kills on FIRESTORM

    37 kills squad

    Hère thé picture

    https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10214158877756520&id=1550988224&set=gm.2299727900352333&source=48
  • Khronikos
    2146 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It's the same as everyother BR game by the looks of it. Just as tedious and boring with far too much loading. I guess I'm just too old to "get" the mode....I Never liked 1 life modes in any game too.

    It's nothing like Apex at all. Apex has lightning fast load times and ability to get back into another game almost instantly.

    Load times are ridiculous in BFV even on my SSD. No thanks.
  • Trokey66
    8602 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    Battlefield has always in the past and up to this point been about all out war, simulated battlefields, armies fighting for control.

    This is the polar opposite of that.

    Really?

    Explain TDM then, that doesn't seem to be about "all out war, simulated battlefields, armies fighting for control. " either.

    Tdm is the only true representation of war. No zerging. Also, no zerging.

    I thought zerging was a realistic military tactic!
  • il_BLacK_HawK_li
    5 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hère thé picture
Sign In or Register to comment.