DISCUSSION: Battlefield V: Firestorm

Comments

• tempo_rarity
    1010 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Into a massive and mysterious map a sixth the size of GTAV did I plunge Solo . . . again and again and again .
    First man off the plane , last man off , jump to the left , the right
    This set off internal addiction claxons I haven't heard in a long time :tongue:
    What Fun!
    Into a Battlefield-meets-The-Last-Of-Us-meets-Kabals-Dangerous-Hunts lol
    . . .
    Busy-busy , listening to the wind and the birds and (elk?) while gathering weapons , and then way off in the distance the sounds of some gun-powder-fueled 'encounter' .
    It's the sound of Monsters-Near but it's okay - they're killing each other , for now . .
    plus this marks the beginning of The Hunt , since I roughly know where a Monster lives now , and so off I go . . .

It is NOT even - all I've found so far is some sort of odd 4-shot pistol and Health - but my penchant for creeping around IS my specialty so . . I like my odds .
    I top a hill and there's a couple/few houses with a road between them and a lake past them , and as I'm approaching the first house I'm shot at from a house across the road .
    I bust into the house for quick cover but then I'm right back out again and I go prone behind logs in the backyard with that 4-shot-whatever-it-is at the ready .

Footsteps , footsteps , door , floor , other door , sweep around the house , another pass through , but never behind the logs where who knows what would've happened .
    Now that the long silence tells me they're gone , I go back in the house but I find nothing . . . and then the far wall facing the lake explodes and I hit the deck .
    The guys got a cannon or something and he busts the other part of the wall but still I'm unhurt , but I don't dare get up now because that whole side is exposed to him .

Laying there for a while wondering what to do , the answer creeps into the doorway - another Player has showed up likely looking for the loot of this other guys 'kill' ; my NONE .
    We lock eyes for half a second but then he's dropped fast by the guy across the street . Seizing this chance I creep over to HIS loot and I find TNT and hatch a plan .
    TNT planted on the dead guys loot , I'm back in the far corner waiting when the killer shows up , and timid as a mouse he hops over the ruined wall and into the room .

The blast lifts and propels him back out of the room and I'm sure I've killed him but he's gone . . and then crossing the street I get sniped by another arrival-on-scene . . .
    . . . got in a bit of under-armed trouble again in another round - there was an old car , and in a hail of gunfire with tons of tingtingting I booked outta there totally freakin' out . .
    man What A Game!!

tl;dr Go Back - you missed Epic Moments No.4 (and the getaway could even be 5)
    or
    even-shmeven
  • olavafar
    1935 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I suppose it is EVEN in the same sense as a game of Yatzy.

Though, also with a base level weapon one can still win by just avoiding gunfights all together (aka camping/hiding). If I did not find the mode so boring I'd probably try to win with 1 kill as a challenge. Even better, try winning with zero kills. THAT does require a good amount of luck though (at least in solo mode)...
  • trip1ex
    4648 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 27
    I gave up on them making a great BF game. I wanted them to make Conquest great again. But they keep pounding the nails in its coffin. It's just a kill farming sim now.

With Firestorm it's something new and exciting.

In BF4 i got into Obliteration because it was something new and unique and exciting and had back and forth action and was darn intense. And most of all, it put that excitement of trying to get a win back into the game where as, even in BF4, Conquest was starting to just become whack a mole before going full Zerg in BF1.

The excitement of trying to get a win in Conquest has just been slowly sucked out of the game. And now we have World of Battlecraft - grind central kill farming MMO.

Firestorm, like Obliteration was for me, puts that excitement of playing for the win back into the game.
  • TeRRaN1VA
    68 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I have already promised myself to get at least one Victory Royale, and I won't stop trying until I get it. So Firestorm will propably be the only thing I'll be playing once it releases lol. 1 out of 64. Damn. It will be tough. But I will get it. In 2023, when everyone has already moved on to BF6 and Bad Company 3.......

BF6 <--- LOL thing 99% of the real battlefield players NOT gona buy ANYTHING From DICE again... battlefield is DEAD its crital clear,
    they have put this on there selfs.
  • TeRRaN1VA
    68 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    as was promised for the launch of battield field 5 last year by DICE, a real second world war game!
    NON of that they did deliver.
  • munkt0r
    3037 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 27
    one of you wrote:

BF Firestorm is not level. It is random.

So everyone having the same identical random chance is somehow not level?

I guess you don't think any card game in the existence of man is a level playing field as well then.

"Sorry guys, I can't play poker with you because Johnny got a pair of aces and I didn't, clearly unfair"
  • TeRRaN1VA
    END OF BATTLEFIELD!!!

As was promised for the launch of battield field 5 last year by DICE, a real second world war game! NON of that they did deliver.
    and now this... map useless MAP. this just has nothing todo with Battlefield in the first place/roots.
  • Dommelschman
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Realy EA Realy.... is this the best you can do!
    It is Fornite but worse. I want to play BATTLEFIELD!
    Please give us NEW maps with NEW weapons and NEW vehicles.
    Where are the Shermans who are in the story mode?
    If this is because it is free then please let me pay for extra content which worth to play.
  • LoganX1
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    1. The looting system is kind of difficult. The types of ammo per weapon need to be clearly marked for looting simplicity.
    2. TTK is far too fast and unforgiving. Needs to be much slower of a death. Not having time to react in a mode where respawning is not a thing is not good or fun.
      Have you played Apex? Apex TTK is FOREVER. BF:FS TTK is somewhere inbetween the base game and what Apex is. IMO it's fine.
    3. Balance feels the exact same for the main game. Need to separate balance and then balance accordingly.
      Why would balance be different that the main BF game. This is still BF. The TTK is longer so it has an affect on balance anyway as well as the need to leark where to get the best weapons on drop (or not depending on playstyle)
    4. The loot vomit on death needs to change. It needs to be in a box that you can open and then search through.
      Apex does a box and Fortnite does loot drops. I personally feel that the loot drops allow you to pick and choose immediately without 'opening' something.
    5. The inventory screen that stays up on screen needs to be simplified. Armor Plates can be an icon, same with meds. Too cluttered
      Once you learn the control button layout you'll be able to bring things up (Use/Activate) without using the menu.
    6. Loot needs to be a bit better distributed, it feels desolate at times.
      This is common BR design. There are 'hot zones' that have better loot on drop. You choose to go to those zones or not.
    7. The map feels too large for 64 players.
    8. Guns need to be loaded by default.
      I can agree to this but with limited ammo. OR if you pick up a weapon and it's corresponding ammo back to back.
    9. Armor should either be full on landing, or you should have to find armor. Repairing armor on landing seems pointless
      You do find armor. I pick up armor all the time and it fills my armor 'charge' slots.
    10. The HUD moving as you run needs an option to turn off. If there is an option, I didn't see it

Will adjust after more time in game, but this is my initial feeling after 4 hours

My comments are in bold. Anything I didn't directly comment to I agree with.
  • SithMetal71
    102 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    since the launch of firestorm update theres been nothing but framerate drop, lag and bad matchmaking, Dice are even adding tasks to complete for a facepaint reward, again forcing us to play a mode we do not want
  • Oio89i77y6yu
    56 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    15min wait to join another 262 ping game, awesome. Just quit as usual, broken servers
  • LoganX1
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    At least in fortnite you could respawn.
    Only in aparticular game mode. The 'normal' BR mode there is no respawning.
  • Stahlmach
    1156 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    Battlefield has always in the past and up to this point been about all out war, simulated battlefields, armies fighting for control.

This is the polar opposite of that.

Really?

Explain TDM then, that doesn't seem to be about "all out war, simulated battlefields, armies fighting for control. " either.

Tdm is the only true representation of war. No zerging. Also, no zerging.

I thought zerging was a realistic military tactic!

Only when you are a Russian Commander in WW 2 or a Chinese General in the Korea War.....
  • LoganX1
    On the PS4 version of Fortnite you can respawn immediately after you die. Learn before commenting, dummy.
    Wrong. That's only in a particular game mode. The 'regular BR' mode does not have respawn.
    Check you're stuff before posting misinformation.
  • Oio89i77y6yu
    56 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 27
    Haha check this even drdisrespect finds your game developers bad... Fix the loot system and have dedicated servers for countrys like America, Asia, Oceania ect;

Not even 48hours and this games become a joke. Should fire your game Devs.. not acceptable gameplay at all

Even shroud believes Devs of bf v didn't research battle royale..loot system wrong .. picking up loot after a kill is wrong and even spectate in 3rd person is wrong..his exact words " I don't know how they bleeped it up so much "....

Nobody is impressed ...start fixing it or watch us all walk away and your game die as it's already starting to do.

https://www.twingalaxies.com/feed_details.php/4800/dr-disrespect-rages-at-bfv-firestorm-devs-for-looting-system/6
  • Kattegat_Twin
    758 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    TNT planted on the dead guys loot , I'm back in the far corner waiting when the killer shows up

This pleases me immensely.
    munkt0r wrote: »
    So everyone having the same identical random chance is somehow not level?
    I guess you don't think any card game in the existence of man is a level playing field as well then.
    "Sorry guys, I can't play poker with you because Johnny got a pair of aces and I didn't, clearly unfair"

This is a perfect analogy.
  • LoganX1
    CSO7777 wrote: »
    SirBobdk wrote: »
    and the launch of Apex Legends (perfect)
    LoL. Apex on PC is overrun with cheaters.
    The TTK is too high
    There's too much focus on 'Headshots'
    The game is unforgiving for anyone but high tier players.
    No Matchmaking (Skill/Rank)

Way far from perfect.
    The main reason it's giving PUBG a run is like PUBG there's no building aspect like Fortnite. There's a big focus on gunplay.
    Unlike PUBG there's a 'future/fantasy' aspect to the Weapons and Legends that PUBG doesn't have.
    It has very refined movement and mechanics to make the game more 'fun' than PUBG.

However the initial points I game are going to cause casuals and mid level players to leave.
    At least here they've stuck the the base BF experience with a slight raise to TTK
    It still feels like BF in a BR mode.
  • someguy12121
    457 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Im still waiting on basic stuff to be added into BFV such as loadouts :/

I am not touching BR ever even with my friends saying to try it at least once.
  • LoganX1
    Just commenting on a couple of specific things:
    -Weapons: Why are they coming with attachments already on them? It would be a much better approach to be able to pick up attachments and add them to your chosen weapon, that way you could adapt it to your own needs (like the Apex approach). For instance, the Level 3 KAR-98 automatically comes with a x3 scope on it, which defeats the idea of it being a long range rifle.
    I feel this is a personal preference.
    I hate the Apex method. It TOO itemized. The tiered weapon approach is much better here IMO
    -Fuel for vehicles: Why? Since when has this become a thing.
    Everything they've done with Vehicles in BR is to not easily allow them to be OP and to make them more team oriented and limited use in general.
    Can you imagine BF1 style vehicles in here? No.

Many of the other things you mention can be tweaked based on Feedback. We're only in the first week.
  • HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Im still waiting on basic stuff to be added into BFV such as loadouts :/

I am not touching BR ever even with my friends saying to try it at least once.

Okay edge lord. You keep showing your friends how strong willed you are while they are having fun not caring if you’re with them or not.