This Week in Battlefield V

DISCUSSION: Battlefield V: Firestorm

Comments

• dayglowfroggy
    502 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I am still making my mind up about it.
    There is a good reason I am a bf player not a br player I don't like coming up against people who have loads of armour or amazing weapons purely through luck.

After 8 games now and reading posts about it I think I am getting the hang of the ui now but it still just seems wrong and untested there should have been a ui training video or new addition to the practice range.

I like exploring a new map but I tend to just sort out a close range weapon and a long range then get on with playing the game not messing about constantly trying to get loot, that's just boring.

I did have some fun playing with a squad on mic though people have a habit of jumping out the plane uncoordinated and going off getting distracted by loot instead of playing as a squad.

Give us some of that new map in normal bf and I probably wouldn't bother with fs.
  • bran1986
    5689 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Some of you are hilarious...
  • SHiFTY59_g9ltrl
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Just tried firestorm, so my experiences and noticed issues:

-Firestorm should get a 2-player-team Duo mode in general (!)

-Loot system for dead bodies seems not to be very intuitive and precise: it takes too long to find the stuff you want

-ammunition limit got me triggered right at the start - its very unclear how many rounds you can carry and what affects that limit

-not really a friend of the inventory system on PS4, maybe i have to get used to it. But i think there are some better working solutions (not specifically mentioning any other BR games)
  • stiny1838
    263 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    stiny1838 wrote: »
    and another one :|

Well, maybe they ll understand that nobody gives a F about BR in battlefield...

really is that why there is a large influx of new players purely for the br side of the game.
  • Flommingsen
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hi

To start off,
    I abseloutly love firestorm, it has some of the good features you wanna see in a battle royale gamemode,
    but the most important is the core gameplay from battlefield 5, it is unique.
    Most BR games have to develop a new core gameplay for their BR game, and that is where battlefield 5 is infront of the others.

But as most games there is guaranteed a feature or more that is undergoing changes,
    and i might have some suggestions for features to be changed.

1. When you get a "V for Victory"(win) it is way cooler than other BR games i have played, but i would love to hear more epic music at the "V for Victory"
    Right now it is just like you get an epic background and a standard "victory text" and some standard music
    Add some epic classic battlefield music, perhaps make the charater walk closer to the camera, drop his last kill weapon, then make him wipe his hands(job done, kinda) that would be cool.

2. Looting needs work.... (nahh just wipe this, i know criterion is already looking into it)

Let me make a quote for Firestorm

'Firestorm is the only Battle royale i have found entertaining, immersive and unique'

Keep loving what you do, and i'll hang on to the end.
  • Muxje
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    In other BR games I've played, sound payed a pretty big part, especially when sneaking up on someone, or when someone approaches your position. The sound will tell you what direction he's coming from and roughly how far off he is. It also lets you roughly pinpoint nearby gunfights.

But in Firestorm I have a lot of trouble locating enemies. Sound volume is a poor indicator of distance, and the sound mostly appears to come from everywhere. Do others have the same experience? I'm using stereo headphones by the way (no surround)

(Still having fun in Firestorm though I'm garbage at straight up duel shootouts)
  • stiny1838
    263 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    unctheels wrote: »
    stiny1838 wrote: »
    and another one :|

by all means i hope you enjoy it when BR is the only mode left in BF games.

thanks i will B)
  • xvxnx
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    PoppaPappo wrote: »
    xvxnx wrote: »
    -Weapons: Why are they coming with attachments already on them? It would be a much better approach to be able to pick up attachments and add them to your chosen weapon, that way you could adapt it to your own needs (like the Apex approach). For instance, the Level 3 KAR-98 automatically comes with a x3 scope on it, which defeats the idea of it being a long range rifle.
    LoganX1 wrote: »
    I feel this is a personal preference.
    I hate the Apex method. It TOO itemized. The tiered weapon approach is much

Even scopes? I feel like putting your choice of scopes on your weapons is sort of just expected in fps these days. Although due to aim assist on consoles I guess scopes dont matter as much as they do on PC

Why do people keep repeating this? We don’t have aim assist on consoles.

more>options>gameplay>advanced. I play on console too.... there is mos def an **** ton of aim assist in BFV on console.
  • stiny1838
    Muxje wrote: »
    In other BR games I've played, sound payed a pretty big part, especially when sneaking up on someone, or when someone approaches your position. The sound will tell you what direction he's coming from and roughly how far off he is. It also lets you roughly pinpoint nearby gunfights.

But in Firestorm I have a lot of trouble locating enemies. Sound volume is a poor indicator of distance, and the sound mostly appears to come from everywhere. Do others have the same experience? I'm using stereo headphones by the way (no surround)

(Still having fun in Firestorm though I'm garbage at straight up duel shootouts)

i am using a stereo gaming headset but have the sound settings on 3d surround and it works great.
  • dayglowfroggy
    502 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I like the fact you can use the footsteps sound again like they had in bfv for a short time before the youtubers ruined it for everyone complaining it was too loud.

How loud do they think steel hobnailed boots should sound its not ww3.

Allot of the sound issues could be solved with little equaliser bars at the footsteps range they give us so many options but not one that would make a huge difference.
  • PoppaPappo
    236 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    PoppaPappo wrote: »
    -Weapons: Why are they coming with attachments already on them? It would be a much better approach to be able to pick up attachments and add them to your chosen weapon, that way you could adapt it to your own needs (like the Apex approach). For instance, the Level 3 KAR-98 automatically comes with a x3 scope on it, which defeats the idea of it being a long range rifle.
    LoganX1 wrote: »
    I feel this is a personal preference.
    I hate the Apex method. It TOO itemized. The tiered weapon approach is much

Even scopes? I feel like putting your choice of scopes on your weapons is sort of just expected in fps these days. Although due to aim assist on consoles I guess scopes dont matter as much as they do on PC

Why do people keep repeating this? We don’t have aim assist on consoles.

more>options>gameplay>advanced. I play on console too.... there is mos def an **** ton of aim assist in BFV on console.

Yes, I know, I was referring to the snap aim assist, which is real aim assist. The snap aim assist is only in single player. It says right on it “not available in multiplayer.” The other one just slows the reticle down and it actually doesn’t work very well and will screw you up especially when scoped.

• dayglowfroggy
    Most people I know who play bf also play br games or at least have tried them.

Most people I know also stopped playing bfv because it's not a finished game.

Its obvious bfv should have been released with everything it has now.

I haven't stopped playing bf5 since the beta and fs is just another mode to me not a game changer.
  • munkt0r
    3037 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 27

Happened to me today while I was playing with a friend. We landed with 1 enemy next to a couple of houses. Friend and I went into 1 big house and found no weapons at all, only gadgets, med packs and other trash. The enemy player on the other hand went into small garage and ran out of it with purple M1897 and blasted us into oblivion.

Why are you landing next to enemies at the start of the round? You understand that's a bad idea in general right? Anywho...

You literally just advised that you and your friend were dealt two unsuited & unmatched cards and your opponent got pocket aces.

Regardless of the probability of such, it's moot. Experienced card players FOLD when the probability is against them, in this analogy that would be DEATH.

They don't gain super-hero powers because they understand probability, they simply know when to hold them or to fold them and EVEN then World Poker Tournament players still lose to players due to luck at times.
  • mrtwotimes
    762 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Gondola lifts to traverse the map while shooting at the players running wildly below.
  • staats1
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The appeal of random loot is that it makes every game different.
  • bloodprizm
    90 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    That's all I have to say.
  • Goofy-The-Sc0t
    1214 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Airstrikes should be removed, i've never been a fan of noob mechanics in shooters in general, but an airstrike in a battle royale is just idiotic imho
  • stiny1838
    Most people I know who play bf also play br games or at least have tried them.

Most people I know also stopped playing bfv because it's not a finished game.

Its obvious bfv should have been released with everything it has now.

I haven't stopped playing bf5 since the beta and fs is just another mode to me not a game changer.

i have only dragged myself on to the core game for the tow unlocks, apart from the last one as it was for a plane and i am a crap pilot.
  • munkt0r
    3037 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'd suggest getting a better headset as the 3D sound in Battlefield is amazing in all modes including Firestorm.