DISCUSSION: Battlefield V: Firestorm

Comments

• someguy12121
    457 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I beg to differ. Gold Rush from Bad Company was really well done due to excellent map design. Also CTF in BF3 was really good too which confuses me why they never put it in BF4 or any of the newer BF games.
  • Kauzer_RF
    220 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    FS is a BS. Compare to PUBG only gfx is better.
  • HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I don’t know about greatest ever but I like it also.
  • stiny1838
    263 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Airstrikes should be removed, i've never been a fan of noob mechanics in shooters in general, but an airstrike in a battle royale is just idiotic imho

why its the perfect tool for removing campers sat in the corners of houses.
  • MagicCris05
    4 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »
    It’s already coming at some point for a limited time.

I don't mean teams of 2 type 32vs32 but duo with friends, for example 32 teams of 2
  • MagicCris05
    4 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I want duo gamemode with friend. Like 32 squad divided in team of 2
  • HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Limited time has to be dice logic, I know they didn’t make it but they’re taking over. Duos seems to be what everyone I play BR with wants to play and of course it’s gotta be special and limited on bfv. Hopefully at some point it stays permanently
  • HardAimedKid
    You’re boring.
  • Trokey66
    8176 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    munkt0r wrote: »

Happened to me today while I was playing with a friend. We landed with 1 enemy next to a couple of houses. Friend and I went into 1 big house and found no weapons at all, only gadgets, med packs and other trash. The enemy player on the other hand went into small garage and ran out of it with purple M1897 and blasted us into oblivion.

Why are you landing next to enemies at the start of the round? You understand that's a bad idea in general right? Anywho...

You literally just advised that you and your friend were dealt two unsuited & unmatched cards and your opponent got pocket aces.

Regardless of the probability of such, it's moot. Experienced card players FOLD when the probability is against them, in this analogy that would be DEATH.

They don't gain super-hero powers because they understand probability, they simply know when to hold them or to fold them and EVEN then World Poker Tournament players still lose to players due to luck at times.

• TEKNOCODE
    10761 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I don't mean teams of 2 type 32vs32 but duo with friends, for example 32 teams of 2

What? Duos = 32 teams of 2
  • mrtwotimes
    696 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    And you know what they call a... a... a Quarter Pounder with Cheese in Paris?
  • Kattegat_Twin
    758 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    TNT planted on the dead guys loot , I'm back in the far corner waiting when the killer shows up

This pleases me immensely.
    munkt0r wrote: »
    So everyone having the same identical random chance is somehow not level?
    I guess you don't think any card game in the existence of man is a level playing field as well then.
    "Sorry guys, I can't play poker with you because Johnny got a pair of aces and I didn't, clearly unfair"

This is a perfect analogy.

The problem with that analogy is that experienced player can calculate the probability. If cards are dealt from the same deck, you already know that cards you have cannot be owned by someone else. In BR, you cannot predict what gun/armor/gadgets your opponents have because there is no limit to any weapon rarity. A single person can find 5 epic guns in a house while other person can find a couple of nades and a knife. Happened to me today while I was playing with a friend. We landed with 1 enemy next to a couple of houses. Friend and I went into 1 big house and found no weapons at all, only gadgets, med packs and other trash. The enemy player on the other hand went into small garage and ran out of it with purple M1897 and blasted us into oblivion.

But experienced players of Firestorm will learn which areas contain higher tier loot. Just like card players learning to calculate odds. Very experienced payers will observe things like which area a player they just saw came from.

He came from that town that usually has high tier stuff? Be more careful with how you engage him, since he's likely packing well.

• von_Campenstein
    6565 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Make another thread there just can't be enough of them!
  • unctheels
    125 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    unctheels wrote: »
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    How is it "pretty clear"?

after Mercury in May that will only be 2 DLC maps total for core BFV game modes in the first 6 MONTHS after release. how much more "clear" could they be?

And how many additional maps did we get prior to Firestorm?

Firestorm isn't the problem, it's your free Live Service model in action.

i agree with that assessment about YOUR free live service 100%! for the record i was totally against YOUR live service. i knew live service would mean very few maps. i was hoping they would keep Premium, but so many players were crying abouy having to spend $60 for it SMH. at any rate, Firestorm seems to be doing pretty well right now, so i definitely think DICE will ride that wave and continue to focus more on Firestorm. if they do that i guess a lot of us will have to find another shooter to play. all i know is i wont be on the bore fest known as Firestorm, but to each their own.
  • unctheels
    125 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Most people I know who play bf also play br games or at least have tried them.

Most people I know also stopped playing bfv because it's not a finished game.

Its obvious bfv should have been released with everything it has now.

I haven't stopped playing bf5 since the beta and fs is just another mode to me not a game changer.

most people i know tried them and didnt like them.
  • stiny1838
    263 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    mrtwotimes wrote: »
    And you know what they call a... a... a Quarter Pounder with Cheese in Paris?

no? (really i don't)... wait.... i just got it :D
  • RobertCousins
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Welcome to Firestorm!
    uqjztupuxao21.jpg

Battlefield V's battle royale mode, Firestorm, is now live. We've got a lot of information about it below:
    Once you've jumped in, played a few matches, driven the tractor - head back here and let us know your thoughts.

As always, we want you to keep it respectful and constructive. People are free to have differing opinions, so don't attack someone because they disagree with you. You can disagree without being disagreeable.
    Let us know what you love, what you don't, and what you'd like to see added, tweaked, or changed.

-Braddock512-

UPDATE:
    If you're having issues with matchmaking as a full squad, don't click PLAY NOW until your squad is full. Otherwise, whatever squad you have at that moment will be the squad. We're aware of this confusion and working to address it. Thanks.

Never clicked the play now option. Squad is open, 15 games no squad fills, Always 2 man light in squads. Pointless playing at a disadvantage every single game. Either there's just nobody playing or the matchmaking is not working. AAA game......
  • poseidonss
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Muxje wrote: »
    In other BR games I've played, sound payed a pretty big part, especially when sneaking up on someone, or when someone approaches your position. The sound will tell you what direction he's coming from and roughly how far off he is. It also lets you roughly pinpoint nearby gunfights.

But in Firestorm I have a lot of trouble locating enemies. Sound volume is a poor indicator of distance, and the sound mostly appears to come from everywhere. Do others have the same experience? I'm using stereo headphones by the way (no surround)

(Still having fun in Firestorm though I'm garbage at straight up duel shootouts)

Try using Surround in sound option instead of 3D if you are using a soundcard.
  • eyeSight
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 27
    Million Dollar Commpany can't make a DUO/Modus even if they had that much time to do it. SCAMER **** ****!