Bring Back The Premium Pass - We need guaranteed maps and content

Comments

• Kayback
    367 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Instead of demanding being milked for more money how about you just demand they supply good base maps?

While there have been a couple of decent DLC maps, most of the epic games have been Vanilla maps. Going back as far as BF1942.

There isn't a single "ah yissss I can wait to play this map" map in BFV. Even the better ones are flat, bland and boring with excessive opportunities to tank snipe and bush wookie. I know I'm showing my age but this didn't happen in BF2 and BFBC2. There were some maps it happened on, but mostly not.

BF3 and BF4 did it much better with their combined arms fighting. Tanks tanked, air craft aircraftd and Infantry infanted. Twas fun.

BF1 was a fairly good mix but the retro Steampunk BF4 feel with SMGs DMRs and over performing tanks and planes made me go Meh on the whole thing so am probably biased.

BFV plays like 3 different games all smashed together. There is the air battle, there are tank battles and there are Infantry battles and quite honestly they never seem to..... Meld the way it did in previous games. I don't know why but it doesn't feel inclusive. I quite honestly ignore aeroplanes in any map except Fjell and on that map you really can't do much about them. Tanks? Mostly I just run away or spawn somewhere else. I may take a potshot at one with my grenade rifle and lob an AT grenade but.... Meh.

I dislike meat grinder maps (although I enjoy meat grinder game modes, go figure) but BFV vanilla maps are all.... Meh. Before I shell out more cash for maps I'm only going to get to play a couple times before the servers drop them in favor of vanilla maps again, I want fun, enjoyable, tricky, well designed core maps.
  • GrizzGolf
    889 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I wish we would get new maps faster and some new weapons faster. This game NEEDS it.
  • DingoKillr
    3427 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 27
    Kayback wrote: »
    Instead of demanding being milked for more money how about you just demand they supply good base maps?

While there have been a couple of decent DLC maps, most of the epic games have been Vanilla maps. Going back as far as BF1942.

There isn't a single "ah yissss I can wait to play this map" map in BFV. Even the better ones are flat, bland and boring with excessive opportunities to tank snipe and bush wookie. I know I'm showing my age but this didn't happen in BF2 and BFBC2. There were some maps it happened on, but mostly not.

BF3 and BF4 did it much better with their combined arms fighting. Tanks tanked, air craft aircraftd and Infantry infanted. Twas fun.

BF1 was a fairly good mix but the retro Steampunk BF4 feel with SMGs DMRs and over performing tanks and planes made me go Meh on the whole thing so am probably biased.

BFV plays like 3 different games all smashed together. There is the air battle, there are tank battles and there are Infantry battles and quite honestly they never seem to..... Meld the way it did in previous games. I don't know why but it doesn't feel inclusive. I quite honestly ignore aeroplanes in any map except Fjell and on that map you really can't do much about them. Tanks? Mostly I just run away or spawn somewhere else. I may take a potshot at one with my grenade rifle and lob an AT grenade but.... Meh.

I dislike meat grinder maps (although I enjoy meat grinder game modes, go figure) but BFV vanilla maps are all.... Meh. Before I shell out more cash for maps I'm only going to get to play a couple times before the servers drop them in favor of vanilla maps again, I want fun, enjoyable, tricky, well designed core maps.
    While I general agree DLC maps did not last long, it not because few did not like. Pre-BF1 every server was private server mostly run by clan. Clans found it easier for to run vanilla only to stop server emptying when a DLC came up or so their own member can play. So they did.
    Thus more played vanilla more liked a specific base map because they never really played anything else.

In Asia DLC only servers are not popular, 4 maps only which general 2 or 3 maps some people don't care to play. For bias reason like did not like boats, the maps are to open or it has an AH on it.

In BF1 the same happen DLC only not popular, so most servers set to vanilla, while a large chunk of players wanted to play both if no one was on a DLC only, then you went to vanilla. Then dice started running mix things changed. Some DLC maps became more popular than vanilla like Fort Vaux. My favorite was Heligoland bright even if the naval action need more adjustments.

Point being the reason a DLC maps are less favored is complex, I am sure if some of the last DLC maps are played as often as vanilla you would see huge request for them.

As for BFV the maps are not that bad it is that players can't do what they did in the past or something they never really should have had, like being on a objectives as Recon or being able to run across open terrain.

Assault is the best Attack or Defense class even Support has ways to go to catch up which leads to more playing Assault. DICE have made Tanks exposed to solo Assault encouraging Tanks to camp at distance. Making Bombers Zerg breaks was silly a commander could do that job better, the reason I call it silly is what happens when not doing that AA need to be better if both are only flying Bombers.

I think so many have got it wrong about new content or the rate of it won't fix BF, balance and TTK are the issues. Being DLC, live services or firestorm is irrelevant. To many are focused on the silly monkey puppet while being hit by a stick.
    Post edited by DingoKillr on
  • MaGicBush86
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    No. Do not bring back way over priced map packs please.
  • Khronikos
    2145 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 27

Opinions like these just confuse the message. It's basically make games like you used to Dice, even though Dice has very few people working there that have any clue why people even liked those older games.

BF1 was an amazing game, and the vast majority of people agree. It was the most popular, had stellar DLC for the most part, and even when the DLC maps were meh you could still ride cavalry or fly a plane if you wanted to or snipe. Some of the DLC maps in BF1 are my favorite maps, especially from the French DLC, which was easily the most popular.

Honestly, no idea at all what you mean with BF1 either. Tanks, planes, and infantry were all strong. There was no problem with any of them really. Bombers were a bit OP, and tanks could be amazing if the other teams were stupid, but so was infantry very strong with sentries and what not.

What we need is not better base maps per se, although, I am definitely all for that. We need MORE maps.

Even though I dislike some of the BFV maps, it is more the issue I am tired of playing on those same maps without anything new coming. Yes, some of the maps are terrible, and if they were all amazing it would be a better game, but I would still be a bit bored all told.

With BF1 you had 4 maps or so coming regular intervals, and the Premium was pretty easy to get friends into even if they didn't have it. And at that point people that didn't have Premium by the second DLC were just cheap **** anyway, people that should not have an opinion on how to do this. They don't intend to spend money. They are cheap. They are the reason this GaaS model failed. They demanded all maps free even when it was obvious, IN THE FACE, that that same Star Wars model was a complete failure.

We don't care about their plans for making everything "free" because we know that "free" is BS.

Also, not all of the maps are meh. I have had a lot of fun on more than a couple of the BFV maps. But yes, some of them seem like half-baked designs meant for COD on a very slightly larger scale.
    [edited by moderator]
    Post edited by ragnarok013 on
  • IDirtY_SeCreT
    527 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Khronikos wrote: »
    With BF1 you had 4 maps or so coming regular intervals, and the Premium was pretty easy to get friends into even if they didn't have it. And at that point people that didn't have Premium by the second DLC were just cheap **** anyway, people that should not have an opinion on how to do this. They don't intend to spend money. They are cheap. They are the reason this GaaS model failed. They demanded all maps free even when it was obvious, IN THE FACE, that that same Star Wars model was a complete failure.

So everyone that hasn't bought premium for his own reasons is cheap? What in the world is wrong with you... Different people different tastes maybe, so it's everyone's own choice where they spend their money I guess. Everyone can have an opinion on things even if he's as ignorant as you are ;)
  • UnearthedCO
    155 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

So everyone that hasn't bought premium for his own reasons is cheap? What in the world is wrong with you... Different people different tastes maybe, so it's everyone's own choice where they spend their money I guess. Everyone can have an opinion on things even if he's as ignorant as you are ;)

Yes cheap is the appropriate word to use. Creating a AAA game is not easy and takes teams of people. The live service model was marketed in a way in were we all thought we would get premium DLC content for free and that hasn't been the case. We only have Panzerstorm and the BattleRoyale in terms of map content and the BR map isn't playable on conquest or operations. Now we understand that a free live service really meant less maps and smaller updates which included trial game modes. That's not how the majority of us thought the it was going go. We thought we were going to get 20 free maps and instead we have only gotten 1.

If we would have known that maps would be scarce no one would have championed a free live service model.
  • DingoKillr
    3427 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 27

Yes cheap is the appropriate word to use. Creating a AAA game is not easy and takes teams of people. The live service model was marketed in a way in were we all thought we would get premium DLC content for free and that hasn't been the case. We only have Panzerstorm and the BattleRoyale in terms of map content and the BR map isn't playable on conquest or operations. Now we understand that a free live service really meant less maps and smaller updates which included trial game modes. That's not how the majority of us thought the it was going go. We thought we were going to get 20 free maps and instead we have only gotten 1.

If we would have known that maps would be scarce no one would have championed a free live service model.
    Maps would not be scarce what where you thinking. That 20 free maps that usually cover at least a 2 year span suddenly appear. We are only 6 months in, far to much of give me now attitude. I would be thinking close to 1 to 2 every 3 months, that seem close to what we got.

DLC appear rough 1 every 6 months. As for the DLC at launch with BF4 how did that workout? It was a pile of junk. For some it caused the game to crash that took months to fix.
  • unctheels
    125 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    live service is a very big disappointment just like i expected. thats why most players wanted Premium to stay. this whole "no maps" thing really sucks and is the reason i dont play much anymore. i hope the crybabies not wanting to pay $50 for Premium are happy now!
  • Sixclicks
    5073 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 27
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    The problem with this live service is not because it is a live service but because it is a bad live service.

Exactly how I see it. Live service works best when it's receiving continuous funding via the playerbase. Which is why this one isn't working at all. The microtransaction store isn't even in the game yet.

And it's probably too late.
  • Fas7Eddi3
    119 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yes please. Id pay 100 bucks if i knew inwqs gonna get 12 maps over a one year period
  • ABC-Warrior-real
    31 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I don't believe the problem with BF 5 is the lack of premium pass, the initial map packs for BF1 must've been ready to go before the game was released, it seems with 5 that only Panzerstorm was lined up for release. So for me it feels like time and resources aren't there, which is why Criterion worked on the firestorm game mode and why we're looking at the second half of this year before we see the next theatre of war.

I don't believe DICE have a full development team at their disposal to give BF5 the attention it should, hence we get new game modes for existing maps rather than brand new maps.

I don't like it but I don't see it improving. I'm sure DICE would love to release new maps regularly but I think their hands are tied. I'm not feeling hugely confident about the future of this franchise unless EA are prepared to give it a fresh marketing push when the next theatre of war arrives.
  • Autorotor
    221 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ENKkii87 wrote: »
    Autorotor wrote: »
    Lol you guys are getting trolled so hard by EA. Don't you see that this is exactly the road they want us to go down..

They release a **** game so people will miss the season pass. Basic psychology. These leaches has nothing but money in mind. They don't care if the game is good or not, it's just numbers.

Nah we saw it. If we have a choice of live service minimalist Mao content or premium level content then the decision isn't a hard one.

DICE made stop playing DICE games.
  • Kayback
    367 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    unctheels wrote: »
    live service is a very big disappointment just like i expected. thats why most players wanted Premium to stay. this whole "no maps" thing really sucks and is the reason i dont play much anymore. i hope the crybabies not wanting to pay $50 for Premium are happy now!

I for one am still happy there is no premium. Premium was bad, it did undeniably split the players, premium members were subsidizing the other players and DLC map servers reverted to vanilla long before they should have. I never once felt like I got my money's worth from premium.

And you can't compare the dead "live" service to Premium because the "live" service isn't even live yet. 6 months in. That sure as hell isn't the Anti premium crowd's fault. If it requires a continuous cash flow they shouldn't have launched until the cash flow system was ready.

F2P indie games manage to run a live service, so there is no excuse a AAA developer can't.

An XP boost and non premium money boost and the like would have sold better than the DOA skin only sales. But DICE/EA shot themselves in the foot with a 50 level cap. I reached level 50 without trying. Even pay wall locked premium weapons have worked in other games. Yes there are balance issues but most of the other games I have played with them manage to balance them OK.

Like the other aspects of the game the live service feels half baked, rushed, and overall a bad system, which other players are now being blamed for. WTHeck?
  • WhiteRabbit_swe
    619 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Removing premium and dlc was the worst thing they could do for this game!

Seriously, why they listen to some poor people that didnt afford paying for new content, those kind of people shouldnt be playing the game in the first place, but should sell their PC/console and pay their bills instead!

If you cant afford premium and dlc, or too cheap to buy it, then dont play at all, dont ruin it for the rest of us!
  • Kayback

Seriously, why they listen to some poor people that didnt afford paying for new content, those kind of people shouldnt be playing the game in the first place, but should sell their PC/console and pay their bills instead!

If you cant afford premium and dlc, or too cheap to buy it, then dont play at all, dont ruin it for the rest of us!

LOL it wasn't the lack of premium that damaged this game. IT WAS THE FACT IT WASN'T REPLACED BY ANYTHING.

Don't play at all? Stuff you mate.

You do know you can have entertainment even if you are struggling with bills right? It isn't illegal and it is more productive than going out drinking and the like.

It also has nothing to do about being poor, it has to do with perceived cost vs benefit which *many* people have found Premium to be lacking.

There are other ways of charging extra for a game after release that aren't premium. Stop acting like premium is the only solution.

If initial outlay is such a problem increase base cost.
  • PoppaPappo
    235 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

What are you, 12? Poor people pay their bills, kid.
  • WhiteRabbit_swe
    619 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    PoppaPappo wrote: »

What are you, 12? Poor people pay their bills, kid.
    ”Poor people” have problem paying their bills, and many times use their credit card when they shouldnt... And people wanted rid of premium and dlc are cheap or poor people, and these kind of people destroyed this game...

I hate when some random guy come and complain that new content like dlc, cost more money, expecting to buy the base game and then get everything else as well... Stupid as ****... No look were we at...

I want premium and dlc back, I got the money, and I gladly pay for it too!
  • parkingbrake
    3120 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If you paid to see the first Star Wars movie, or the first Godfather movie, or the first Ironman movie, did you consider it being "milked" when you had to pay to see the second? The paid DLC felt like new games, and fifteen bucks was hardly a budget-breaking amount of money. And like it or not, paid DLC worked, it resulted in bigger, better games.

Beside, I like most of the BFV maps, with the exception of Fjell and Narvik I think they're okay. None of them are as iconic as some of those maps from previous games, but there are only two I avoid.
    I disagree, while many of the best maps came with the base games, some DLC maps were among my favorites. Giants of Karelia was a terrific map for example.
    And then the hot attack chopper crew showed up, or the Little Bird ace, and harvested everyone on the other side for the whole round, and that went back to BF2 as well, that good old circle of death attack chopper. I can remember rounds where a whole team became obsessed with taking down a chopper that was murdering them, it was all that mattered at that point. Doesn't seem all that balanced to me.
    That's where I tuned out, refused to buy it due to EA's decision to gut the clan community by taking away server control. Obviously they liked the results so much they decided to get rid of rented servers altogether, something I think will hurt this series enormously in the long term.
    Tanks? Mostly I just run away or spawn somewhere else. I may take a potshot at one with my grenade rifle and lob an AT grenade but.... Meh.
    I only recently started spending time in tanks, and I'm having fun most of the time, at least when I don't try to roll in alone and end up like a bison surrounded by wolves. The sweet spot seems to be close enough to use the machine guns, but not so close that you can't back out of trouble when Panzerfausts R' Us show up in force. But if a scrub like me can get decent kill streaks with tanks, then the complaints about how weak tanks are in BFV aren't very convincing to me.
    Every BFV map has that meat grinder objective in the middle, and teams that obsess over it and ignore the other flags are on their way to a loss. Drives me nuts when my team can't figure out that the bridge on Twisted Steel has two objectives on it, but there are five objectives on the ground--they just want to play Metro on a bridge and the ticket bleed gets us simple because we're not holding enough flags. I enjoyed some TDM back in the day, but jeez guys, why lose by letting the other side walk in and take flags with ease?

• xxxCoOlBr33zExxx
    3860 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    The Premium model that we had in the past just doesnt work. Yes it guarantees content but what good is that content when those servers running said content die out too quickly. I've seen it time after time, DLC is released and servers are full for a month or two and then they begin dying out with players returning to the vanilla maps. Secondly it splits the community.

They have also stated that they are not going back to the Premium model that was used in previous titles.

-CB