DX12 mGPU With The Next Patch? RTX on GTX cards next month!

The_bad_Frag
30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
When do we get DX12 mGPU? Next month Nvidia will release new drivers so we can play with RTX on GTX cards. We need DX12 mGPU working or the framerates will be horrible!

DX11 SLI is working but Raytracing sadly requires DX12 so when can we expect it in the game?

Comments

• fragnstein
    423 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Rt might work on medium with sli 1080ti, but expect a huge fps drop
  • bee144
    237 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    What makes you think mGPU is even coming at this point? I mean they intentionally blocked SLI for DX11 to make it harder to implement the workaround.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    12575 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    When do we get DX12 mGPU? Next month Nvidia will release new drivers so we can play with RTX on GTX cards. We need DX12 mGPU working or the framerates will be horrible!

DX11 SLI is working but Raytracing sadly requires DX12 so when can we expect it in the game?

Correction, Nvidia is releasing drivers so that you can play with LIMITED RTX functionality on SOME GTX GPU's.

The GPU's that will be supported will be the following :

Pascal Chip GPU's
    • TITAN XP
    • TITAN X
    • GTX 1080 Ti
    • GTX 1080
    • GTX 1070Ti
    • GTX 1070
    • GTX 1060 ( 6GB variants ONLY )

Turing Chip GPU's
    • GTX 1660 Ti
    • GTX 1660

These GPU's will only support the absolute bare minimum of RTX features, Using a low "Ray" count.

SLI functionality for DX11 or DX12 has to be provided by Nvidia I believe as this is a profile that comes within the driver itself, Or via downloadable profiles directly from Nvidia.
  • jasonvp
    189 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    bee144 wrote: »
    they intentionally blocked SLI for DX11 to make it harder to implement the workaround.

Let's be careful with the inaccuracies. They didn't intentionally block SLI. That was done due to their clumsy handling of the LOD bias cheats and had absolutely nothing to do with SLI.
  • jasonvp
    189 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    SLI functionality for DX11 or DX12 has to be provided by Nvidia I believe as this is a profile that comes within the driver itself, Or via downloadable profiles directly from Nvidia.

Just for clarity's sake: NVidia has been waiting for Dice to help them with creating the SLI profile, and Dice has thus far punted. This is all on Dice at this point. My guess is that until they can figure out how to make the silly "weather" particle effects work with SLI, we'll probably not see it.

• The_bad_Frag
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Weather is working just fine with SLI. I never had any issues with the BF1 SLI bits.

But we need DX12 mGPU ASAP for good Performance with RTX! Dice get your **** together!
  • jasonvp
    Weather is working just fine with SLI.

Not in BFV it isn't. You still get the "fog" effect of the dust and snow storms, but the flying particles (snow flakes, leaves, dust particles, etc) aren't there.
    I never had any issues with the BF1 SLI bits.

This version of Frostbite isn't the same as the one underpinning BF1. This is closer to the 2017 Battlefront game.
  • xMrBeer
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Mine if working right. Looks the same with sli enable or disable.
  • jasonvp
    xMrBeer wrote: »

I assure you: it doesn't. Either you don't have SLI working properly, or you're not looking for the right things. Go play the first single player campaign if you need an example. You don't have to go any further than just standing on the bridge before the tank bursts through the door. Do you see actual snow flakes blowing around? You're supposed to. If you do, then you don't have SLI enabled properly.
  • The_bad_Frag
    In multiplayer it just looks fine. Im getting 130FPS+ 4k maxed out with 2x 1080Ti both running at 99%.
  • RayD_O1
    472 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    jasonvp wrote: »
    xMrBeer wrote: »

I assure you: it doesn't. Either you don't have SLI working properly, or you're not looking for the right things. Go play the first single player campaign if you need an example. You don't have to go any further than just standing on the bridge before the tank bursts through the door. Do you see actual snow flakes blowing around? You're supposed to. If you do, then you don't have SLI enabled properly.

I agree, there are definitely effects missing when you run SLI, try running one card and you will see things you cannot see when using SLI.
  • The_bad_Frag
    Even if there're some snowflakes missing it's still better than playing on single GPU with low FPS. :p
  • RayD_O1
    472 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Even if there're some snowflakes missing it's still better than playing on single GPU with low FPS. :p

Yes of course, just would be nice to have a proper working SLI profile without any compromises.
  • The_bad_Frag
    I didn't even noticed the few missing snowflakes. :D They should just enable DX12 mGPU with missing snowflakes. No need to block it because of such minor details.
  • RayD_O1
    Agreed, lets hope they listen, SOON,,,,,,,,,,,,
  • The_bad_Frag
    I can't understand how they released the game without DX12 mGPU. It ruins RTX because it's not playable in 4k with decent FPS even with a 2080Ti overclocked to 2100 Mhz.
  • Jumpy-B-L
    682 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Has there even been any confirmation that mGPU and DXR/DLSS are compatible?
  • The_bad_Frag
    It works perfect in Tomb Raider and 3D Mark so yeah they are.
  • richard987
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 9
    Anyone heard anything on DXR mGPU lately? When it comes out I'm doing 2x2080s. Currently I get 60fps with all settings ultra (except high textures) on all maps on threadripper 1920x with an RTX 2080.
    Post edited by richard987 on
  • Mewtu92
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Nope... I'm also waiting for dx12 mgpu to drop (AMD user here).