Is EA dice doing a good job overall (anther vote)

Comments

• bran1986
    5662 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Nope. It is really going to come down to what we get in the fall in the new theater and what the road map for year 2 brings. I'm really on the fence for Battlefield 2020 at this point.
  • sabootheshaman
    1069 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 28
    No

I like the core mechanics and gameplay. Content and communication is sorely lacking. This has lead to a community almost at war with itself. In my opinion, a lot of the negativity over firestorm seems based on the lack of other content.

Also we are seeing some bizarre decisions. Why is duos left out of firestorm? Why do they keep adding to co-op when it’s clearly a failure.

Externally they make noises like they are using agile design principles but are completely lacking in User focused requirements.
  • krliathbirdeate
    281 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Can we pleses get a yes
  • Bigmacd2
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    No. The content is already old. Bring in new maps in packages like we’re used to. 4 maps at a time. Not one every 3 months.
  • HawkeyeAM47
    1350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    No

I like the core mechanics and gameplay. Content and communication is sorely lacking. This has lead to a community almost at war with itself. In my opinion, a lot of the negativity over firestorm seems based on the lack of other content.

Also we are seeing some bizarre decisions. Why is duos left out of firestorm? Why do they keep adding to co-op when it’s clearly a failure.

Externally they make noises like they are using agile design principles but are completely lacking in User focused requirements.

Dude have you never played co-op in Battlefield 3 or Bad Company 2!? It was freaking AMAZING!!
    As for Firestorm its pretty good,vut would have been 100× better if they seperated the whole mode similar to how Blackout was in COD, Also tge level uo system should have been different as well, same as the Ending Victory
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I like BFV and enjoy playing it.

But no, they aren't doing a good job with it. Not much content is being added and what "new" content is being added isn't actually new(BF1 weapons etc.). There's too many issues with the game that when one thing is fixed, it seems two break. Additions (like the practice range and combined arms) release very lackluster and disappointing. They change/add things that nobody suggested or wanted(yellow tint when healing). They need to do better.

You nailed it. Fun much of the time, but disappointing at others. EA's decisions like killing rented servers are going to hurt this game a lot, and New DICE, well, they seem to be wandering in the woods, lost. This game could have been so much better....

EA -- not doing a good job at all, arrogant, greedy and short-sighted. DICE -- trying, but with limited resources and apparently with some key people having moved on, not really doing a good job either.
  • sabootheshaman
    1069 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    No

Dude have you never played co-op in Battlefield 3 or Bad Company 2!? It was freaking AMAZING!!
    As for Firestorm its pretty good,vut would have been 100× better if they seperated the whole mode similar to how Blackout was in COD, Also tge level uo system should have been different as well, same as the Ending Victory

Whats your point? I'm saying its failed in this one. The community hates it and it has low engagement from what we can gather form the vibe in the community. I played BF3's co-op and thought it was OK. More importantly I've played every BF game since 42 and will say that I don't think co-op is a core requirement.
  • HawkeyeAM47
    1350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    No

Whats your point? I'm saying its failed in this one. The community hates it and it has low engagement from what we can gather form the vibe in the community. I played BF3's co-op and thought it was OK. More importantly I've played every BF game since 42 and will say that I don't think co-op is a core requirement.

You got a point its not a "Requirement" But people want that old feeling of how battlefield was. Most if the people want a Battlefield 3/4 game and Battlefield Hardline to BFV has drew many away from the franchise, they(BF:Hardline,BF1,BFV) weren't horrible games, but personally it felt a step back from their predecessors.
    Personally I want then to do an Era we havent seen that has customization options and a system thats modern, but not too modern like BF4. Thats why i fell cold war is perfect
  • sabootheshaman
    No

You got a point its not a "Requirement" But people want that old feeling of how battlefield was. Most if the people want a Battlefield 3/4 game and Battlefield Hardline to BFV has drew many away from the franchise, they(BF:Hardline,BF1,BFV) weren't horrible games, but personally it felt a step back from their predecessors.
    Personally I want then to do an Era we havent seen that has customization options and a system thats modern, but not too modern like BF4. Thats why i fell cold war is perfect

Cold War era would definitely give us something special. Tech is lower. Everything is massive in scale. To be honest if you took the uniforms away firestorm could be very cold war esque. The utilisation of body armour, the call ins, the setting, the STG being like am AK...
  • MAJWolfcookies
    566 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hell yes. DICE is at the top of their game!!! So good with this attempt at live service. Also love how they antagonize the core playerbase. Really makes me want to splurge on MTX!!! From all of us, F....thank....You!!!
  • Marcusspinner
    253 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    EA is laying of people, also game studio are going to release less games this year. So hopefully Battlefield V will get enough develop time from now on?
  • CoyotexStarrk619
    189 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 28
    NO they are definitely not doing a good job

- The Assignment system is STILL horrible. Why the hell do I need to leave a game to get a new assignment?

- Visibility is STILL horrible. Why is it so hard to just see enemies? How is that so hard to fix?

- Tanks are too easy to take out

- Planes are too hard to take down

- Not enough maps

- Spawning on objectives puts you either on the objective or across the map regardless of whether or not enemies are there

- Level cap is 50? Seriously?

- If you refuse to let use drag downed allies then at least let the downed soldiers crawl

- Iron Sights sniping feels horrible

- Medic class needs a long range option (all the other classes do)

- Assaults Rifles are OP

- The bipod system still needs work

- The Assault Class's Marksman Rifles are too strong at long range (You can outsnipe snipers which is absurd)

The game needs alot more work and I am hoping now that this useless Firestorm mode is out they will get back to fixing the parts of the game the community actually cares about.
  • SirBobdk
    4021 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    No.
    They have released a game that was far from ready and should have had 1 more year in development.
    Further more it looks like we won't be getting much more content, so live service is a joke.
    Patches breaks just as much as they fix and the game is still full of bugs and balance problems.
    The whole francise has been thrown out of the window and replaced with a game that no longer differs much from other infantry-oriented games.
  • A_al_K_pacino_A
    534 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Bugs and lack of new content are the real problem. Outside all the TTD issues that I think have gone backwards in the last patch I've been unable to shoot because my friends list kept coming up, seeing revive icons all over the map when not playing medic(and hadn't been previously), several black screens all whilst playing Breakthrough with no ticket count.
  • Klendathu1987
    138 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    No
    The amount of bugs and the time they take to fix things that seem really simple just takes way to long. a lot of core mechanics dont work. they put time and effort into a gamemode nobody asked for instead of fixing the game. and they put zero effort into any sort of balancing. And im not even gonna start on the cheating situation and the terrible communication.
  • zenn_nme
    801 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    No, Dice Sweden messed up 'cause of EA's pressure to release an unfinished game with the premise of a ca$hcow BR mode. And now Dice LA is trying to sweep up the pieces and glue them together to do some damage-control as with BF4. EA is slowly suffocating the BF franchise imho as they did with C&C, MOH, etc.
  • abc1434286920
    447 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Nope.
    - Lack of content in maps/fanctions etc (live service model..)
    - Balance of classes and vehicles
    - Visibility issues
    - Horrible UI interface, menus etc
    - Semi hardcore approach
    - No ww2 feel whatsoever, just another shooter
    - Deluxe version shambles and discount 2 weeks after release

In short, nope again.
  • krliathbirdeate
    281 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    For **** sac 4 yes and almost 20 no come on guys there get to be something you guys like that everyone can agree with
  • misisipiRivrRat
    815 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member