BSOD/computer won't respond after exiting the game

meeha2
11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
(Pretty much, a copy-paste from answers.ea.com for maximum repost, in hope DICE will finally read it)

DICE, please, PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! 

OK, now that I'm more or less cooled off, DICE, please, don't release an update if you are unsure if it's good or not. Or intentionally a bad update. 

Yesterday, I was playing the Firestorm (ooh! A new mode! Gotta try that!), and as soon as I exit the game (not leave the game, but leave the server, go to main menu, and hit "Exit" (game's in Russian, don't blame me for my words), my PC went into BSOD. OK, I contacted the Live Chat, they told me to delete the Origin folders in %appdata% and %programdata%. Did that, didn't help. So, now, I'm here. This IS BFV, this is not some other program. I've been running the same programs as during the gameplay before yesterday. THIS IS THE GAME!!! Why?

Well, today I was playing it as well. And once again, once I exited the game, the game... hang. Just hang. The clock won't change, MSI Afterburner won't update the info, mouse won't respond, keyboard won't respond. 

So, DICE, please do a very, very, VERY!!!!!!! thorough checkup, and not one, but rather several final checkups, before you actually release the update. I don't want to get BSODs or have my PC hang after each game. I have a lot of programs open, I have a lot of documents open, and all are important. What if I lose any data? Will you get it back for me? No? Well, then make a quadruple final checks, and then 10 more times. If you have any sort of a bug or see any (potential) problem - check on it again and again, to see if it's really a bug. If it is - fix it. Trust me, I can wait for a day or two for the update. I can't say for everyone, but I can. Ubisoft moved Anno 1800 release date to 2 months soon after beta test, and so I have to wait for it. So I can wait for BFV to release a couple of days later. Or even a month, if you add some new features.

So, one final please, PLEASE, DICE, PLEASE, PLEASE!!! do several final checkups to make sure the players will have absolutely no problems with the game before you release an update.

I hope you read my message after all. If not - well, just close the Swedish office, since there is no use of it. (I mean, developers should not only develop games, but also have support who would read the forums/"answers"/else to be able to support the game.)

Comments

• StarscreamUK
    6992 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    and whats the error shown on the bsod?

thats key to solving your problem
  • Mhill2029
    79 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    As the above poster said, the key to solving your issue is understanding the BSOD message.
  • meeha2
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    0x133 DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION
  • StarscreamUK
    6992 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Usually, Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) with error message DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION is caused by a hardware issue or system file corruption.

Have you run a system file scan? https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/4026529/windows-10-using-system-file-checker
  • meeha2
    Then why did my computer freeze after playing another game? Want to say I have SPOILER or any other virus? Or my computer, which meets the requirements just fine, and has never had any sort of BSODs in 6 months, has some faulty part? Then why does the computer hang/goes to BSOD right after I exit the game? Not during, not as soon as I start the game client or join the server, but right after I exit the game? I think they have some sort of memory leak that activates on game exit, but I'm no programmer.
  • meeha2
    (Sorry, can't find the "Edit" button)
    Also, the freeze/BSOD happened only after this game, not any other program or whatever else to consider. I mean, the FPS is good, so it's not really CPU/RAM/GPU/PSU/motherboard/SSD, but... that's all that's needed to run it, right? So... It's not a hardware issue, and sfc didn't find any integrity violations. So until they release an update, I will not be playing. I know nobody cares, but whatever...
  • Mhill2029
    79 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 28
    Hey man I feel your pain, I've played near 300hrs of BFV without a problem, and in the last week since a BFV patch and Windows Update I get crashes to desktop even after playing for hours without a problem. And what's more shocking is that this KERNALBASE.DLL error shown in event viewer has been occurring for many other players since last bloody year! How can I go that long without that issue, and then i'm suddenly afflicted by it?

Quite frankly, Battlefield is on thin ice with me now. And if this nonsense continues, I won't be purchasing further games in the franchise.
  • uz_bolderaju
    274 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    where is the problem ? read dump file and you will know what cause bsod
  • JPhysics
    759 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Its not BFV causing your BSOD, but you are going to have to invest some time into troubleshooting in order to find out what is. The only thing BFV will be doing is putting load on your system.
    It could be a number of things as already suggested; conflicting/corrupted device drivers, corrupted registry, hardware issues etc.....
  • BadBudgieSmuggla
    252 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Try using Driver Verifier (leave it for 24 hrs or until the problematic driver or system file is identified to see what is causing the issue and run Dism and SFC.exe (system file checker) You can Google all the above to get clear instructions
  • SteveZee
    285 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hmm.

https://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/62111-bsod-after-exiting-battlefield-4-multiplayer-server.html

This was BF4, but it might apply here.

Do you have a pirated copy on your system?

This bug check itself is listed here:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/debugger/bug-check-0x133-dpc-watchdog-violation

If you can post the DMP file, i might be able to run an analysis on it to see what the offending driver would be. Either system or otherwise.
  • SteveZee
    285 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    meeha2 wrote: »
    Then why did my computer freeze after playing another game? Want to say I have SPOILER or any other virus? Or my computer, which meets the requirements just fine, and has never had any sort of BSODs in 6 months, has some faulty part? Then why does the computer hang/goes to BSOD right after I exit the game? Not during, not as soon as I start the game client or join the server, but right after I exit the game? I think they have some sort of memory leak that activates on game exit, but I'm no programmer.

What are your system specs? Can you list them?

This isn't a common problem, so its likely it isn't BFV that's causing it. If it were a bug many many other people would be having it.

YOu may have something else running in the background? Make sure you have NOTHING else running that would likely interfere w/ the game itself. No daemon tools, etc. Try exiting things int he system tray and try diagnostic start up by loading windows ONLY essential services and disabling ALL startup items (unless your system requires one to boot properly).