Cancel firestorm pls

Comments

• TEKNOCODE
    11291 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Merlihorse wrote: »
    how do I play a normal multiplayer game

nick-young-confused-face-300x256-nqlyaa.jpg
  • oXGeminiXo
    355 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The funny thing is Dice actually wanted this mode. Something else funny is the core battlefield mechanics supported alot of br features. Big maps, large teams, revives, vehicles and destruction. It isn't like the game mode was started from the ground up. They also could have had a deal in place to share mtx profits so budget didnt take a hit. With the amount of money spent in mtx it would be lucrative. I hate br but actually like this mode and feel like this will make this a popular game like it was suppose to be. Even buying bf at full price the combo of everything makes this game well worth it. I really get that you think that if it wasnt for firestorm we woild have more maps but the reality is with live service you kinda have to pace things out. I would like new maps but they are releasing new content and doing regular updates so patience is the key. If you are impatient then play other games or enjoy life.
  • stiny1838
    263 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I made a poll, and the results are proof that backs this up (while "no one" isn't entirely correct it's very close to being true) currently 85% DONT WANT/DID NOT WANT a Battle Royal mode in Battlefield 5...

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/181056/poll-did-you-do-you-want-battle-royal-vote-now/p1

by that logic, dice cancel bfv base game plz as over 90% of the forum don't like it and constantly complain about it.
  • mrtwotimes
    819 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Can firestorm please be cancelled, as no one here really wants it.

The teams working on it can then switch to giving us new maps, new factions and weapons.

Congrats on the promotion to CEO
  • SithMetal71
    130 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It can't. This is an EA game. EA is publicly traded. If they cancel Firestorm their stock price will nosedive. Not to mention the legal implications of canceling a gamemode that was promised to be coming to the game.

But I agree no one wants it and it'll be dead on arrival and deader than Operation Locker on an empty server, eerie.

the fact that BF fans dont really want it should have an affect on stock price.
  • stiny1838
    263 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It can't. This is an EA game. EA is publicly traded. If they cancel Firestorm their stock price will nosedive. Not to mention the legal implications of canceling a gamemode that was promised to be coming to the game.

But I agree no one wants it and it'll be dead on arrival and deader than Operation Locker on an empty server, eerie.

nope because people still bought the game and Ea still made a profit.
  • SlowOldWarrior
    460 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    That demand makes zero sense. Apex has proven that BR was a mode worth investing in for EA. Cancelling something that can potentially bring in more players, extending the life of the game, and raises the likelihood of delivering more content of the likes in which you desire, again, makes zero sense.

BF5 and Apex have 2 separate chemistry. One is fiction and another is non-fiction. I am a fan boy of TF1 & TF2 and Apex is just delving more into Titanfall universe which is not about the pilots but the grunts in it through BR. It's truly awesome and I love the gunplay with the mechanics behind it. I don't expect BF5 to be like Apex but we're paying the content and wanted it to be more than Apex when it grows in a way like older BF games realistically. You know that feeling of pouring hours in it and feel those achievements in multiplayer. Hopefully things can be better in BF5 in the future updates.

They are both "fiction".
  • SlowOldWarrior
    460 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    mrtwotimes wrote: »

The teams working on it can then switch to giving us new maps, new factions and weapons.

Congrats on the promotion to CEO

He has too much common sense, as soon as he said "Have Criterion make more maps", EA/Dice would fire him and replace him with a guy that wants to do "BF Sims".
  • Kattegat_Twin
    856 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Plenty of BF fans do want it too.
  • MUH_Cwywardwaah
    1083 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    OP just think of it as a waste yard for the BR fanatics. Its a win win
  • MBT_Layzan
    1967 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

And less bugs.
  • StormSaxon
    670 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2019
    While Firestorm is completely irrelevant to me and is being ignored.
    It’s still a big thing now so they are never going to cancel it.
  • KPNuts74
    632 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2019

Sure, let’s cancel the mode which has injected new life into the game/brought in new players.....
  • full951
    2468 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    KPNuts74 wrote: »

Sure, let’s cancel the mode which has injected new life into the game/brought in new players.....

I see way more default characters in firestorm than I expected. this is definitely injecting new players. if they like the BR especially the gunplay they will try the regular modes. they did pay for them after all
  • Ypsilon-Oh
    249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

it doesn't brought in new players!
    BR players will stick to BR games and not play regular Battlefield....
  • munkt0r
    3037 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    "no one wants it"

And you guys want to be taken seriously?
  • oXGeminiXo
    355 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Ypsilon-Oh wrote: »

it doesn't brought in new players!
    BR players will stick to BR games and not play regular Battlefield....

Yeah that would be true if they were not integrated together like they are. If people want cosmetics and it is easy to do some of the challenges to get company coin then they will use the mode that is quickest to complete which may be a daily challenge to get 1000 points in conquest. Also tides of war may have a awesome set of gear they may want so doing some of the challenges may not take but a few hours and they may find they like some of the base game. Practice range also can help newer players improve on things that they might feel like they need to be more competitive in firestorm. Or worst case they hate the base game but love firestorm and will rather shell out money for boin to get ingame items. Either way from the developers perspective it is genius. From my perspective it is genius. It creates more diverse players that have the choice to coexist or stay in their lanes but with more of a player count it helps all aspects of the game. More players mean more servers full and more likely more servers across areas making network latency less of an issue due to not having to throw people in matches that are in different regions just to fill a server. It funny how scared people are that something will overtake conquest because they love that mode. Right now BFV is getting well needed exposure thanks to firestorm and alot of people may have a few problems with it but are saying that it is alot of fun and enjoy it. EA now has 2 games that are in the top streams on twitch so they are happier and dice is still supporting the base game. If firestorm scares you then maybe this will terrify you. Battlefield core is a niche in the market and if it lacks exposure then it will die. I hope this brings in a ton of new people and I hope dice keeps pushing the boundaries with this franchise like they always have.
  • jog0ff
    138 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    keep it on and pray for all cheaters jumping on it leaving proper BFV clean
  • Head3masher
    1420 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    What happened to the 'Who's going to ignore firestorm' thread?