DICE wanted to keep the community together but...

Comments

• parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    SirBobdk wrote: »
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »
    Same song different tune. Also no. Dice got tired of hearing it’s community throw a tantrum over quality paid dlc so they said okay have it your way, free model it is then.
    Free dlc models have proven to be very little content unless you count halo and halo dlc is stuff that any person with an imagination could make with forge. So there you have it moaners, you asked for free and got it. You also got a BR for EXTREMELY obvious reasons..

I mean, conquest, ops, breakout, tdm, dom also split the community. Right?

3 different platforms and no rental servers.
    Community died a long time ago. Just saying.

Not really. I still find a plethora of severs on Xbox. Even that “non bfv” mode that is actually the true bf mode, tdm.
    I didn't mean servers. The feeling of playing BF we use to have on PC with a few game modes and rental servers where people knew each other and returned to the server for that reason.

That was one of the best things about BF, playing on a server where you knew other players and where you knew the admins would take care of business in a fair manner. I had dozens of servers like that in my favorites list, only found a handful over the years with "badmins" that made me not return to those servers. EA has decided to kill the BF community by getting rid of rented servers, and if I don't buy BF6 that will be the single biggest reason. A company that has decided to destroy its own product, imagine that.
  • SirBobdk
    3927 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @parkingbrake wrote
    EA has decided to kill the BF community by getting rid of rented servers, and if I don't buy BF6 that will be the single biggest reason.
    I'm loosing interest in BF also for the that reason.
    This joining anonymous servers with anonymous players does not work for me, especially not when I have experienced how it can be when playing on servers with well known players/friends. Split comunity ?, doesn't really matter. BF has lost something that is far more important imo.
  • GrinddalDDG
    393 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 27
    I am finding alot of half empty servers these days.. so yes. In my region, it seems to have taken a few players away from the main game.
  • unctheels
    125 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Firestorm has divided the community more than ever.

that is a great point i hadnt even thought about! thanks for bringing it to my attention. thats all we heard when Premium was done away with! then they launch the great divider Firestorm. how ironic!
  • unctheels
    125 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Same song different tune. Also no. Dice got tired of hearing it’s community throw a tantrum over quality paid dlc so they said okay have it your way, free model it is then.

Free dlc models have proven to be very little content unless you count halo and halo dlc is stuff that any person with an imagination could make with forge. So there you have it moaners, you asked for free and got it. You also got a BR for EXTREMELY obvious reasons..

a lot of us, including me, wanted to keep Premium because we knew without Premium we would barely get any maps! unfortunately DICE listened to the crybabies.
  • unctheels

Not really. I still find a plethora of severs on Xbox. Even that “non bfv” mode that is actually the true bf mode, tdm.

i mostly play TDM too but on PS4.
  • Cpt_Blitz_26
    280 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 27
    I think it was more attributed to a poor release and execution of post launch content and DLC...

But what do I know.
  • BFB-LeCharybdis
    745 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

I didn't mean servers. The feeling of playing BF we use to have on PC with a few game modes and rental servers where people knew each other and returned to the server for that reason.

That was one of the best things about BF, playing on a server where you knew other players and where you knew the admins would take care of business in a fair manner. I had dozens of servers like that in my favorites list, only found a handful over the years with "badmins" that made me not return to those servers. EA has decided to kill the BF community by getting rid of rented servers, and if I don't buy BF6 that will be the single biggest reason. A company that has decided to destroy its own product, imagine that.

Think I'm about to make your day mate, one of the Dice people has been on Reddit saying they've just been in a meeting discussing the possibility of RSP and that there's more to come.

I mean yeah it's not exactly in the roadmap but still you don't dangle RSP in front of this mob without there being a real possibility that it could happen.
  • SirBobdk
    3927 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @BFB-LeCharybdis wrote
    Think I'm about to make your day mate, one of the Dice people has been on Reddit saying they've just been in a meeting discussing the possibility of RSP and that there's more to come.
    NOW they are thinking about it. Sorry but that is to little and to late.
    And even if we get rental servers we have seen in BF1 how bad and controlled they are.
  • VincentNZ
    2590 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hmm the BF community is rather small, the BR community is incredibly large. Any Firestorm player that tries out the basegame is good for the core players.
  • unctheels
    VincentNZ wrote: »
    Hmm the BF community is rather small, the BR community is incredibly large. Any Firestorm player that tries out the basegame is good for the core players.

as much **** i dont like Firestorm, i have to admit that you make a very good point. however, a lot of formerly core BF players will now switch over to Firestorm almost exclusively, leaving the core game modes behind.
  • BFB-LeCharybdis
    @BFB-LeCharybdis wrote
    And even if we get rental servers we have seen in BF1 how bad and controlled they are.

If they are the same as BF1 would we be able to do things like take the 3x scopes out of the games?

If so at this point I'll take what I can get
  • stiny1838
    263 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    unctheels wrote: »
    VincentNZ wrote: »

as much **** i dont like Firestorm, i have to admit that you make a very good point. however, a lot of formerly core BF players will now switch over to Firestorm almost exclusively, leaving the core game modes behind.

but they will also be back in the core game when new content gets dropped along with the newbies from firestorm.
  • munkt0r
    3037 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This is like saying team deathmatch as a mode divided the community.
  • BFB-LeCharybdis
    Domination has divided this community!! Fix your game Dice!!!
  • ashar_saleem121
    1207 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I fully agree. However, I think this game was doomed to this fate regardless. They launched an unfinished (tamely put) product and expected us to be okay with it. They made a hardcore lite experience with terrible class balance and thought that's what everyone outside of a vocal minority wanted. They decided to do these untold stories nonsense instead of Normandy.

If they didn't want to "split" the community, give the maps away for free but keep the weapons, skins, customization, maybe early access, behind the premium pay wall. Im sure I would have paid for the weapons alone. They could have avoided this entirely. This "games as a service" is a farce when the game itself isn't free to play to begin with.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    1283 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Firestorm has divided the community more than ever.

Segregation started with BF3. The added the mini modes like gunslinger and domination and a few others. Bad Company 2 was pretty much conquest and rush. Then they had that little co-op add on of onslaught.
  • Kayback
    367 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

If they didn't want to "split" the community, give the maps away for free but keep the weapons, skins, customization, maybe early access, behind the premium pay wall. Im sure I would have paid for the weapons alone. They could have avoided this entirely. This "games as a service" is a farce when the game itself isn't free to play to begin with.
    I play plenty of F2P games where they sell premium currency which can be used to buy either premium time, with an XP boost and a non-premium currency boost, or to purchase in game items like premium weapons, add ons or ammunition.

Yes there is a balance issue with pay wall premium weapon unlocks but that's where play testing and balance comes in. Don't make it stupid OP but do make it worthwhile to pay for. And honestly you don't often come across people using premium ammunition in a public match.

Now I realize that BFV isn't F2P and I understand the reluctance of pay wall unlocks but there are pay methods available where the player base isn't split any more than platform and game types.
  • SunnyTheWerewolf
    264 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    @BFB-LeCharybdis wrote

If they are the same as BF1 would we be able to do things like take the 3x scopes out of the games?

If so at this point I'll take what I can get

No, you could only limit entire weapon groupings like f.e. shotguns, but then the server would become "custom" and out of reach for quick match players.

But then again, weapon sights were handled differently in BF1.