I hate to admit it but there are cheaters in this game currently

Comments

• KuroNeko_PRT
    247 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So, how's the battle royal with all those cheaters ?
  • nikon56
    31 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TyroneLoyd wrote: »

Something that was posted yesterday pretty sure this has been discussed before but take it how you will i guess.

I challenged him on the bans thing on Twitter. They aren't permanent and the hardware bans don't really work. They can pretty much cirumvent all hwid bans

I'm sure thats why he stated it wasn't a silver bullet.

*shrug*

Another statement bites the dust.

Let's say they do lock down a way to ban hardware. How is it going to work for the 2nd hand tech market when someone buys a gpu or mobo that does have a hardware ban?

basically a hardware lock (for software activation for example), wich rely on the same that a hardware ban would, computes a hash from several key components, like CPU+MOBO+system hard drive etc.... so changing one of those requires new activation.
    what this means for a hardware ban is that should one have 2nd hand hardware banned component, unless he purchased the full comp, he wouldn't be affected since most often, 2nd hand hardware is split.
  • TyroneLoyd
    1350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Haven't tried it yet. Sekiro too good to drop at the moment.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    pajsner wrote: »
    The company has financial problems and kicks people, why would they suddenly change about something they think works well in these difficult times. And besides, these players buy the game over and over again, all the time all year round, so why make the times even more difficult.

They don't necessarily buy the game, they can have access to it via one of EA's less than brilliant marketing schemes like Game Time which flooded BF4 with cheaters who could have as many free disposable accounts as they wanted. I'm sure EA wants banned cheaters to buy the game over and over, but they also make it easy to play without actually purchasing the game. And then there are those hijacked accounts, I know several legit BF players who had their accounts stolen and then sold on the black market--they all regained control of those accounts but two had been so badly damaged (on too many ban lists) that they were not worth keeping.
  • 1ChiLL
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Pelliy wrote: »
    I'm curious to see if Firestorm update will bring in additional anti-cheat or significant updates to the current anti-cheat.

What are you scared about ?
  • RootsReggaeMusic
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 27
    ye. 3 more hackers in Firestorm today! lol. one gy killed 3 person in like 3 sec...lol… Nice game!!!! yes werry good!
  • RootsReggaeMusic
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Firestorm hacker #NR 5 today....Last game now. got 3 armor west +3/3armor plates. and type 3 rifle. full healt. Just got wrect, by a gye whit no armor, an type 1 smg from like 50+ meters. just jumped from cover and hits every singel shot at me. even im behind cover... seriusly EA, do i hawe to og back to Pubg??
  • STOPchris
    497 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Haven't tried it yet. Sekiro too good to drop at the moment.

Sekiro is far better than this game for me... Not sure if I'll buy EA games anymore, there really is no reason to with all the great games that come out from other companies.
  • BadBudgieSmuggla
    252 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    pajsner wrote: »
    The company has financial problems and kicks people, why would they suddenly change about something they think works well in these difficult times. And besides, these players buy the game over and over again, all the time all year round, so why make the times even more difficult.

Actually the firings were quoted from EA as "due to poor performance" So it may be that the sales performance was poor, the dept performance was poor (possibly due to so many bugs and issues months after a late release) or another issue who knows. Whilst there may be the same sheep that buy every Battlefield or other game regardless of how much they mess it up there is also a lot of gamers who demand better and higher quality releases than this. I have seen many comments from people that share my personal sentiment that i won't buy another EA or Dice game after so many issues and such poor showing on anti cheat. So there is always potential for people to drop a title/franchise and move on to games that don't come with so much baggage. There are other options out there and not all of us are gaming addicts whose lives are entirely spent escaping through games
  • SteveZee
    351 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    For people who dont think hackers exist much, try joining specific game modes, then spectate. I can pick either conquest, or grand operations servers then spectate specific ones and find usually 1-4 people that are either blatently hacking or using something less obvious.

And K/D doesn't indicate cheating alone, but its often very telling that someone is using something when your K/D is 70/5. Especially when your lvl is less than 50, your not in a tank, or plane, and the highest K/D below you starts at something like 30/20. Many kills per death, in this game, is very hard to do and not common at all. Those that can do it an entire game are either cheating/using exploits, camping, in a tank/plane, etc. But not playing soldiers alone.
  • jog0ff
    138 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 28
    did some thinking (I know, it might be painful) and realized that cheats (in generel, not BF only) are probably mostly used by kids as in these days they're getting anything (mostly) what they want by easiest possible means so when they've got a game (BF) as (e.g) Xmas present which isn't (wasn't?) just an idiot-shooting-kind-of-game and can be difficult to get decent results, all what they're done was telling the parents that game is broken and they need paid updates (read: cheats) so parents have done.
    I'm sure that no mature player (most of us are with BF series from their beggining) would ever use any kind of cheats... just my 5 cents

btw, can I get out of the prison, please? I've been good boy recently ..:)
  • alienstout
    680 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 28
    That's not true, in my experience most of the cheats that were discovered in clans were adults. Maybe it's changed, but typically you need money to buy these things and it's casual older players that want that edge but don't have the skill or time to get better. Kind of like buying a mountain bike with an electric motor.
  • TFBisquit
    1526 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Keep in mind that cheating already occurred from Windows 95 and up. Especially from 2000 and later. Those teenagers are now well in their 30's.
    And you can bet those still cheat.
    So yeah, most of them will be adults. Those that keep playing ofcourse. There were also cheaters that don't game anymore as an adult.
  • jog0ff
    138 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    alienstout wrote: »
    That's not true, in my experience most of the cheats that were discovered in clans were adults. Maybe it's changed, but typically you need money to buy these things and it's casual older players that want that edge but don't have the skill or time to get better. Kind of like buying a mountain bike with an electric motor.

could be, didn't say that adults don't use them but as I've said, kids get paid cheats with no problem..guess some kind of age verification could clean this game up
  • BadBudgieSmuggla
    252 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

It's really hard to tell as you spend 90% of the game not seeing any enemies. lol. I've had a few kills in my first 2 games (go me!) and nothing suspicious until my last kill by a guy who i then watched take another player out with 2 shots of a sten. Hmmmm. Not conclusive though. Actually makes a change from the constant cheating in Multiplayer mode. I'm sure if there was more enemy contact in Firestorm the cheats will start to show more. No doubt they'll be there.
  • Micas99
    816 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 28
    <snip> Just tick on the Remove Fog cheat. <snip>

We've seen a recent example of that in this thread... or maybe just garden variety ESP with a bot set to body bones.

https://streamable.com/rh0az
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    1232 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 28
    Top 1% of skill. Or is that the top 30-40%?
This discussion has been closed.