At least the heicopter is real

someguy12121
467 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I never knew.

Comments

• VincentNZ
    2679 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah it is based on the Flettner. Helis saw quite "a lot" of use, just not in combat. They are really good for scouting, light transport, and medevac, the potential was already obvious.
  • Dr_X2345
    774 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It is kind of weird to me that I'd never heard of it before, but then, it wasn't used in combat at all and it saw very limited production (I think there were like less than 100 made? Might be mixing that with something else idk) so it doesn't get much coverage. It would be interesting to see it cross over to the base game, but I don't think it's very likely.
  • EdwinSpangler
    1778 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

I never knew.

FL-282
  • crabman169
    12841 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    And yet again this community proves that it's knowledge of WW2 stems from watching Saving Private Ryan and playing WW2 shooters over a decade ago

*Laughs in 1942 secret weapons DLC*
  • zenn_nme
    800 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 27
    Uhuh. The Germans were also developing a VTOL aircraft in '41, called 'The Focke-Achgelis Fa 269'. But was shelved in '44 after Allied bombing raids destroyed everything.
  • Stahlmach
    1156 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    zenn_nme wrote: »
    Uhuh. The Germans were also developing a VTOL aircraft in '41, called 'The Focke-Achgelis Fa 269'. But was shelved in '44 after Allied bombing raids destroyed everything.

Not quite right. The only thing ever build was a wooden dummy and it was destroyed in 1943. The whole project was scrapped a year later because they realized that a flying prototype would not be able to build until at least 1947.
  • Cpt_Blitz_26
    280 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Why does it drive like I'm an intoxicated drunkard? haha. Is it cuz my mouse controls are interfering?
  • EdwinSpangler
    1778 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Stahlmach wrote: »

Not quite right. The only thing ever build was a wooden dummy and it was destroyed in 1943. The whole project was scrapped a year later because they realized that a flying prototype would not be able to build until at least 1947.

vgrl6t.jpg
  • EdwinSpangler
    ^^^ Its real in my mind.....

Sry I cannot edit my posts for some reason.. Dont want ppl to think im posing cartoonish game screens as real life proof XD
  • zenn_nme
    800 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    ^^^ Its real in my mind.....

Sry I cannot edit my posts for some reason.. Dont want ppl to think im posing cartoonish game screens as real life proof XD

Reminds me of the 'Focke-Wulf Triebflügel'. ;)

• TyroneLoyd
    1340 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Id rather have the thanoscopter
  • Noodlesocks
    2760 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Dr_X2345 wrote: »
    It is kind of weird to me that I'd never heard of it before, but then, it wasn't used in combat at all and it saw very limited production (I think there were like less than 100 made? Might be mixing that with something else idk) so it doesn't get much coverage. It would be interesting to see it cross over to the base game, but I don't think it's very likely.

Not many made but a lot were on order. Allied bombing prevented mass production.
  • Kongo030
    640 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    posted this already elsewhere:

• crabman169
    12841 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Stahlmach wrote: »

vgrl6t.jpg

Thunderbirds are go!