It's called a Mic

XxmOss72xX
174 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Yes... that little bit of plastic that ends in a fuzzy thing that sticks out from your headphones... Yes! That! You can actually use that to talk to people... call out enemy positions or equipment or things. It's ESPECIALLY useful when doing firestorm squads. I mean, don't get me wrong... I absolutely love playing four and five squad firestorm games in a row where NOBODY is talking on the mic (they aren't in parties either... I checked). Not speaking on mic is a good way to challenge ourselves and put ourselves at a disadvantage when playing squads... (You know for that real hardcore experience)... but occasionally (and I'm just putting this out there)... Maybe just talk into the fuzzy ended piece of plastic? Shake things up a little? Just a PSA

Comments

• munkt0r
    3037 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    My mic has no bit of plastic ending with a fuzzy thing sticking out from my headphones.

Also, you can't check if someone is in a party or not unless they're on your friends list. Why you lying?

• GRAW2ROBZ
    2641 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I got a 24 hour mic ban for communications for BF5 first week I got this game. I was a bit shocked. I think all I said was on the mic before I left the squad was this squad is lousy. They all must of went to report feature and click toxic or whatever. What a hoot. Even though a buddy and I was in another game a few days later and he was swearing at the game every couple seconds. I doubt he got a mic ban. hahahahha He's like in his late 50's or early 60's.
  • MrCamp121
    1201 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Depends on your platform. PC i get the annoyance as pretty much everyone uses headsets. But on console majority use tvs and sit on couches with no headsets, thus no mics
  • stiny1838
    263 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Depends on your platform. PC i get the annoyance as pretty much everyone uses headsets. But on console majority use tvs and sit on couches with no headsets, thus no mics

on consoles the headset plugs into the controller.
  • InnerD
    879 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    i turn off my mic and voip because i can't stand to listen to them trying to control the game.
  • MrCamp121
    1201 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    stiny1838 wrote: »

on consoles the headset plugs into the controller.

Again, but not everyone uses headsets on console
  • MrCamp121
    Even on pc just listening to someone that raged at me cuz she died and i was 10m away trying to fight off 6 enemies and not reviving immediately. If i had a mic on, id be banned for my reply lol
  • MuppetBandit
    249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    InnerD wrote: »
    i turn off my mic and voip because i can't stand to listen to them trying to control the game.

Hehe, I have muted players often for this reason.

"Come on guys, we gotta take C. We take C we win this match. We need C. Squad leader, drop artillery on C." Meanwhile the rest of the squad are working together, killing peeps & capturing the objective perfectly fine sans mic over at flag G.

I mute people that frequently use the word camper when someone kills them too.

For OP, I haven't played Squads on Firestorm yet but I can see how no one ever using mics in that mode would be very frustrating.
  • Mangrey
    210 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

But the game is about control .... the game is about winning and not farming K/D
  • InnerD
    879 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2019
    Mangrey wrote: »

But the game is about control .... the game is about winning and not farming K/D

do my stats looks as though i farm k/d? i just play to have fun.
    here so you don't have to go looking for them.
    https://battlefieldtracker.com/bfv/profile/origin/InnerD/overview
  • LeesSummit09
    490 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Unless playing with friends, first thing I do is mute everyone with mics. Ninety percent of time you are going to get either loud music, dog barking, kid crying, wife(girlfriend) talking to them or them raging at you because he died.
  • stiny1838
    263 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2019
    Unless playing with friends, first thing I do is mute everyone with mics. Ninety percent of time you are going to get either loud music, dog barking, kid crying, wife(girlfriend) talking to them or them raging at you because he died.

or cringy loud eating. :s
  • StingX71
    828 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I use hand signals. Maybe that's what I'm doing wrong.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    XxmOss72xX wrote: »
    Yes... that little bit of plastic that ends in a fuzzy thing that sticks out from your headphones... Yes! That! You can actually use that to talk to people... call out enemy positions or equipment or things. It's ESPECIALLY useful when doing firestorm squads. I mean, don't get me wrong... I absolutely love playing four and five squad firestorm games in a row where NOBODY is talking on the mic (they aren't in parties either... I checked). Not speaking on mic is a good way to challenge ourselves and put ourselves at a disadvantage when playing squads... (You know for that real hardcore experience)... but occasionally (and I'm just putting this out there)... Maybe just talk into the fuzzy ended piece of plastic? Shake things up a little? Just a PSA

My favorite is the guy who goes the entire round without saying a word, and then at the end says, "Good game".

Of course there are some folks you don't want using a mic, e.g. the drunk frat boy who runs his mouth nonstop, calls hack on everyone who kills him, blames you for him not having ammo (when you're playing Medic) and so on. In his case silence would be nice.

But for the most part I'm amazed that so many players don't use a mic to communicate with their squad as not doing so is a huge disadvantage.
  • Noodlesocks
    3696 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Game has no open mic. Holding a button to talk is pretty annoying.
  • MuppetBandit
    249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Is that a PC thing?
  • KMAsterisk
    295 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2019
    Just use Morse code, I'm pretty sure there's an Easter egg pertaining to this.....

This is why I prefer clans and party chat, although looking at another conversation I have to wonder how often people think we have mics but aren't communicating. I didn't mind BF1 I believe, where you had the option to hear squad and party convo, and could invite someone to the chat if warranted.
  • Masqerader
    641 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2019

Pretty much, unless I am playing with friends, I have not listening to some mouth breather trying to explain to me how to shoot the enemy while he hides in a bush, or is the first to die set to off
    Post edited by Masqerader on
  • Noodlesocks
    3696 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    GrumbleSG9 wrote: »

Is that a PC thing?

Dunno, haven't played a console since the Dreamcast but there's no open mic on the PC version of Battlefield.