Weekly BF

It keeps getting worse

Comments

• MBT_Layzan
    1600 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    MBT_Layzan wrote: »
    Yahia wrote: »
    Well done Dice, again you broke it even more than it already was. I just had a match now, where I was in a tank I hit 3 different planes 3 different times in ONE MATCH with my canon, and not even ONCE did I get any of them. The 1st didn't even register I saw the shell blow up on the plane but it didn't do ANYTHING and the other 2 it got "hit for 71" damage 2 times in a ROW, do you know how frustrating that is? Getting hits on flying targets with canons is not easy I did it 3 times in one match and boom, nothing.

Thanks for giving me even more reasons to be mad at you and this game. Everytime I play this game I just find more reasons to hate it and regret supporting it when MOST of the community didn't.

Yea, I'm seeing tank rounds do nothing to other tanks and planes.

But we got BR yay!!!!.... YAY!!!!!!!

I have actually seen my cannon rounds hit the plane, I see the smoke from contact, and then nothing. Also with the cannons on the planes I get random amounts of damage being given. Sometimes I deal 8 sometimes I deal 45, the game just does whatever it feels like doing.

It's got really bad. And this issue too has cropped up too. Random end game fog that messes your vision and controls until you get out and re-enter the tank.

2ex1zkk.png

17tjqh.png
  • UraniumReaper
    589 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    mrtwotimes wrote: »
    NastySix wrote: »
    Sometimes I feel like I am being in some **** Rentabilitätion Group or something...the stuff you people post onhere....omfg...

He has a right to be pissed, and voice his anger. Do you have any idea how hard it is to canon a plane? It's hard and takes lots of practice, which means time. Time spent only to have the game be continuously broken.

Follow your own advice and ignore what you don't want to hear/read on here, which right now means you probably should be spending as much time on this board.

Many people in this community are angry, and that's just the way it is.

My rights! My right! LOL, must be a friggin Millenial. Cry to mommy, I suspect most of the forum community doesn't care to hear it over and over.

Over everything.... it's a video game.

Most don't want to hear their complaints, but I'd suspect even less want to hear your opinion. Must be a gen Xer.

The hit register in this game is puzzling. every time I play it if feels like either I need to lead more or less and I've seen where a shell hits a target and does nothing. There is a reason I didn't get this game and just play it secondhand.
  • MBT_Layzan
    1600 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    But we got BR, yay, YAY!!!! fIrEsToRm
  • BGHFlakjacket
    1282 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Direct hits on aircraft giving zero results have been around for a long time. In theory you should not even be able to do this since the number of times that this has actually occurred IRL is very low.
    Granted, you should be rewarded for hitting a plane on the move. But the game mechanics are not real and only dedicated AA should be available to take out plances.
  • UraniumReaper
    589 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Direct hits on aircraft giving zero results have been around for a long time. In theory you should not even be able to do this since the number of times that this has actually occurred IRL is very low.
    Granted, you should be rewarded for hitting a plane on the move. But the game mechanics are not real and only dedicated AA should be available to take out plances.

Realism has no place in this discussion. Taking IRL examples is a poor way to balance a game. I'm guessing you meant the hits not registering has been an issue for a long time in this title only, as I have been hitting planes with tank shells for the past three installments and they are insta-gibbed. This is an issue with this title and I'd like to know how/why you can have visual effects of a hit and still get a zero damage notification, much less how a tank shell doesnt obliterate the plane.
  • ragnarok013
    3322 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    In theory you should not even be able to do this since the number of times that this has actually occurred IRL is very low.

With modern ballistic computers we train to engage aircraft in our tanks main gun during UCOFT training. In fact the number one killer of choppers out at the National Training Center when I did my rotation was Abrams main gun kills. Now in WWII I'd suspect you are correct on the rarity but that hardly means that it shouldn't be able to happen in game. We have a pretty reliable tale of a real life "only in Battlefield moment" where a pilot bailed out of his plane and shot down a zero with his M1911 so nothing is impossible. https://www.truthorfiction.com/owen-john-baggett-killed-japanese-pilot-mid-air/
  • Masqerader
    639 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    NastySix wrote: »
    Sometimes I feel like I am being in some **** Rentabilitätion Group or something...the stuff you people post onhere....omfg...

He has a right to be pissed, and voice his anger. Do you have any idea how hard it is to canon a plane? It's hard and takes lots of practice, which means time. Time spent only to have the game be continuously broken.

Follow your own advice and ignore what you don't want to hear/read on here, which right now means you probably should be spending as much time on this board.

Many people in this community are angry, and that's just the way it is.

It isn't hard to cannon a plane, lead the target as it gets near, boom. dead
  • diagoro
    1548 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Few things are as satisfying as taking down a plane this way, especially a JU-88. Have gotten a few, and it just makes the session worth it.
  • MBT_Layzan
    Never had any issue hitting tanks or planes until the last patch. It's broken. Several clean rounds into the turret or flank of a tank 0 dam. Multiple times hitting planes now and seeing my round explode and they fly off.
  • PhatHamWallet
    142 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    One of the spec trees has an armor upgrade, could be the planes you hit had this.
  • Kevang039
    108 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This has been a thing since BF3/BF4 with tanks making a poof of black smoke causing no damage from hitting helis and stuff.

Yet in battlefield 1 I could easily pick off rookie pilots with a heavy tank 2 or 3 times a match.

• BGHFlakjacket
    1282 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    In theory you should not even be able to do this since the number of times that this has actually occurred IRL is very low.

With modern ballistic computers we train to engage aircraft in our tanks main gun during UCOFT training. In fact the number one killer of choppers out at the National Training Center when I did my rotation was Abrams main gun kills. Now in WWII I'd suspect you are correct on the rarity but that hardly means that it shouldn't be able to happen in game. We have a pretty reliable tale of a real life "only in Battlefield moment" where a pilot bailed out of his plane and shot down a zero with his M1911 so nothing is impossible. https://www.truthorfiction.com/owen-john-baggett-killed-japanese-pilot-mid-air/

I call fiction........
  • Yahia
    85 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

I call fiction........

The thing with the guy that shot a pilot with this m1911 actually happened, you can do your research about it. But I have seen articles and videos about it before
  • UraniumReaper
    Kevang039 wrote: »
    This has been a thing since BF3/BF4 with tanks making a poof of black smoke causing no damage from hitting helis and stuff.

Yet in battlefield 1 I could easily pick off rookie pilots with a heavy tank 2 or 3 times a match.

Yes, this is 100% correct. How did it go from being great hit detection to this? If a pilot was dumb enough to do a straight and low run you could reliably shoot them down. Maybe that's why they did it? Salty pilots?
  • ElliotLH
    8526 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Maybe this is just a tank "thing"? I was shot down by a Pak40 the other day as I was being stupid and flying low and slow on a bombing run (full HP plane but can't remember if I have added armour on that particular plane).
  • MBT_Layzan
    edited March 29
    Kevang039 wrote: »

Yes, this is 100% correct. How did it go from being great hit detection to this? If a pilot was dumb enough to do a straight and low run you could reliably shoot them down. Maybe that's why they did it? Salty pilots?

I remember in bf4 there was this issue for a spell. Never noticed it against tanks though, that happens a lot in here since the last patch.
  • normanethan
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Well done Dice, again you broke it even more than it already was. I just had a match now, where I was in a tank I hit 3 different planes 3 different times in ONE MATCH with my canon, and not even ONCE did I get any of them. The 1st didn't even register I saw the shell blow up on the plane but it didn't do ANYTHING and the other 2 it got "hit for 71" damage 2 times in a ROW, do you know how frustrating that is? Getting hits on flying targets with canons is not easy I did it 3 times in one match and boom, nothing.

Thanks for giving me even more reasons to be mad at you and this game. Everytime I play this game I just find more reasons to hate it and regret supporting it when MOST of the community didn't.

I have actually seen my cannon rounds hit the plane, I see the smoke from contact, and then nothing. Also with the cannons on the planes I get random amounts of damage being given. Sometimes I deal 8 sometimes I deal 45, the game just does whatever it feels like doing.

This! Damage dealt is completely random IMO
  • Woodlbrad
    667 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Dice can't manage anything you can't even reload cancel anymore.
  • CPTN-Cr4ptastic
    1703 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Yes, and I'm loving the new Battle Royale, so I will second the YAY!!
  • MBT_Layzan

Yes, and I'm loving the new Battle Royale, so I will second the YAY!!

I'm happy for you. Just a shame the core game is a buggy heap.