Weekly BF

Anybody feeling burned out on Battle Royale games?

Comments

• Masqerader
    639 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I would just like them to make BR for an urban map.
  • HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Masqerader wrote: »
    I would just like them to make BR for an urban map.

That’d be cool.
  • stiny1838
    263 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    stiny1838 wrote: »
    PoppaPappo wrote: »
    So, people want BF to innovate instead of copying others with things like Battle Royale and they want them to do it by continuing to regurgitate the same types of maps and modes from BF1942, BF2, BF3, and BF4. Did I get that right?

I’m going to bite my tongue now.

i kind of agree but also think if it ain't broke don't fix it.

BF has been broken since BF4 and is still broken to this day. So I’ll take firestorm, a portion of the game dice didn’t touch and it’s issues over the bland gameplay and the issues the base game has. 👍

i was referring to the game modes not the game mechanics . i thought dice were taking over firestorm now that criterion has finished it? so there is still a chance of it being borked.
  • HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    So, people want BF to innovate instead of copying others with things like Battle Royale and they want them to do it by continuing to regurgitate the same types of maps and modes from BF1942, BF2, BF3, and BF4. Did I get that right?

i kind of agree but also think if it ain't broke don't fix it.

BF has been broken since BF4 and is still broken to this day. So I’ll take firestorm, a portion of the game dice didn’t touch and it’s issues over the bland gameplay and the issues the base game has. 👍

i was referring to the game modes not the game mechanics . i thought dice were taking over firestorm now that criterion has finished it? so there is still a chance of it being borked.

I’ve stated my fears over this. I’d rather them put the game in the hands of penguins honestly.
  • PhatHamWallet
    142 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm burned out on people complaining about BR games. Seriously.
  • PoppaPappo
    241 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Kayback wrote: »
    Battlefield has been around forever too, BF1942 was ground breaking IMHO as being one of the first to have 64 players.

But since then what? MAG had 128v128 didn't it? BFV has 64. And now another BR game. Wooot. So much innovation.

Why does BR need to innovate when it’s still relatively fresh? Lol. Each BR game is an innovation. They are all unique in their own ways, fortnite and apex legends being at the front of the line there. And since we are talking about innovation, your beloved battlefield, where is it? Where has it been? What games do you play with current ground breaking innovation? I’ll answer for you, it hasn’t been innovative and you don’t play innovative games because gaming has gone down the tube over several years and the best innovation has been BR, so ill take that over the bfv base game.

That's.... That's the point I'm trying to make. BR is NOT an innovation it is grabbing the tail end of a 2017 innovation.

MAG built on the Battlefield innovation by increasing the player count 3 fold.

Battlefield V is just a slightly better looking BF1942, with some improved mechanics but at the expense of Carriers, Landing Craft, Destroyers, Submarines, artillery trucks....

It lacks any innovations. 64 player maps, medics, support, AT, tanks and planes. SSDG. Nothing new there. Firestorm is innovative in so far that it is new to the Battlefield franchise but not really innovate to the BR realm. Vehicles? Yeah OK I guess. I've seen one Tiger used to semi decent effect. Woot.

Do I want innovative yet the same? Hell yes. Look at BF1942 vs BF2 vs BFBC2 vsBF3/4. There is plenty of scope to make the game the same, but different.

I felt the same about BF1. It was Steampunk BF4. BFV is slightly less Steampunk and a semi decent WWII shooter, but it is just BF1942 2.0, with nothing really ground breaking, except the OP Assault kit.

I’ve seen bc2 recently and it looked horrible so now you’re telling me an even more dated game looks only slightly less good than bfv? Okay now that you said that I will not have a discussion with you at all cause we just won’t agree. I love BR, bring em all on. I’ll try them all.

Bfv only looks slightly better than 1942 smfh 🤦‍♀️

Watch that and say bfv only looks slightly better, I just can’t even...

Haha! And people say Firestorm is boring?

Nostalgia is a hell of a drug.
  • trip1ex
    4877 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Those BF42 graphics don't look bad to me lol. I can see the enemy. And there isn't annoying lighting and no pop up either. Grass doesn't grow as you run. And you don't bump into obstacles all the time and you can drive vehicles all around the map. That's freedom. That's what I see in those graphics lol.
  • HardAimedKid
    edited March 28
    Battlefield has been around forever too, BF1942 was ground breaking IMHO as being one of the first to have 64 players.

But since then what? MAG had 128v128 didn't it? BFV has 64. And now another BR game. Wooot. So much innovation.

Why does BR need to innovate when it’s still relatively fresh? Lol. Each BR game is an innovation. They are all unique in their own ways, fortnite and apex legends being at the front of the line there. And since we are talking about innovation, your beloved battlefield, where is it? Where has it been? What games do you play with current ground breaking innovation? I’ll answer for you, it hasn’t been innovative and you don’t play innovative games because gaming has gone down the tube over several years and the best innovation has been BR, so ill take that over the bfv base game.

That's.... That's the point I'm trying to make. BR is NOT an innovation it is grabbing the tail end of a 2017 innovation.

MAG built on the Battlefield innovation by increasing the player count 3 fold.

Battlefield V is just a slightly better looking BF1942, with some improved mechanics but at the expense of Carriers, Landing Craft, Destroyers, Submarines, artillery trucks....

It lacks any innovations. 64 player maps, medics, support, AT, tanks and planes. SSDG. Nothing new there. Firestorm is innovative in so far that it is new to the Battlefield franchise but not really innovate to the BR realm. Vehicles? Yeah OK I guess. I've seen one Tiger used to semi decent effect. Woot.

Do I want innovative yet the same? Hell yes. Look at BF1942 vs BF2 vs BFBC2 vsBF3/4. There is plenty of scope to make the game the same, but different.

I felt the same about BF1. It was Steampunk BF4. BFV is slightly less Steampunk and a semi decent WWII shooter, but it is just BF1942 2.0, with nothing really ground breaking, except the OP Assault kit.

I’ve seen bc2 recently and it looked horrible so now you’re telling me an even more dated game looks only slightly less good than bfv? Okay now that you said that I will not have a discussion with you at all cause we just won’t agree. I love BR, bring em all on. I’ll try them all.

Bfv only looks slightly better than 1942 smfh 🤦‍♀️

Watch that and say bfv only looks slightly better, I just can’t even...

Haha! And people say Firestorm is boring?

Nostalgia is a hell of a drug.

I know right
    trip1ex wrote: »
    Those BF42 graphics don't look bad to me lol. I can see the enemy. And there isn't annoying lighting and no pop up either. Grass doesn't grow as you run. And you don't bump into obstacles all the time and you can drive vehicles all around the map. That's freedom. That's what I see in those graphics lol.

It’s either your monitor/tv or your eyes, I don’t like bfv but the game looks fantastic. Lol
  • PoppaPappo
    241 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

The things you’ve talking about have nothing to do with the graphics. There are plenty of games with even more gorgeous graphics than bf5 that don’t have visibility, pop up, or hit detection issues.

Also, I was also talking about how the gameplay looked slow and boring, too. Not just the graphics.

Those explosions looked like they were from Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe, which was from, like, 1990.
  • Lexen
    61 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Why split your focus and do a lot of things poorly when you can focus on your best aspect and make it great? Conquest has always been the star of BF and that's because it's a solid game type. I just don't want to see conquest take a back seat to a boring fad like BR just because everyone else is doing it.
  • M_Rat13
    1285 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The only other ones I have are the free ones. BRs aren't what I normally play, but my friends have the free ones so I sometimes play with them. Doesn't cost me anything. As for BFV, I bought the game for other reasons, but having an extra game mode effectively for free (for me) isn't the worst thing in the world.
  • trip1ex
    4877 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 28

The things you’ve talking about have nothing to do with the graphics. There are plenty of games with even more gorgeous graphics than bf5 that don’t have visibility, pop up, or hit detection issues.

Also, I was also talking about how the gameplay looked slow and boring, too. Not just the graphics.

Those explosions looked like they were from Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe, which was from, like, 1990.

It pretty much has everything to do with the graphics. And my post said that is what the graphics look like to me. Are you trying to tell me they don't look like that to me? lol.
  • PoppaPappo

It pretty much has everything to do with the graphics. And my post said that is what the graphics look like to me. Are you trying to tell me they don't look like that to me? lol.

Most of the things you mentioned have to do with programming. Like I said, there are plenty of great looking games that don’t have those issues. To name just two recent examples, RDR2 and Anthem don’t have such issues (they certainly have their own, though).

But, in aesthetic terms BFV is unquestionably better than 1942. It’s possible you can’t see that. I hate to break it to you, but being “visually illiterate” and/or “design-blind” are real things, just like being color blind or tone deaf.
  • SpinDoctor122
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have never played a BR game but I am not interested in them in any way. I have seen enough game-play to know that they do not interest me at all. I like the idea of somewhat serious shooters that have a sense of realism. Yes, I know that Battlefield has some silly stuff that "only happens in battlefield" but there are some really epic moments in each game. I don't want to bounce around, build a bunch of forts, that just doesn't sound fun to me. This is also the reason why I'm not a fan of team death match type games even in Battlefield (I prefer Operations, Breakthrough and Conquest).
  • SlowOldWarrior
    460 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »
    Lexen wrote: »

I think Conquest is without a doubt the best thing BF has had going for it. I would much rather see more effort put into more content for conquest. BR is just honestly boring.
    Conquest is just zerging and more zerging.

Tdm is where it’s at. Say no to zerging.

This explains everything that you have ever posted, and your love for BFV - there is a game called "COD" that you really should try some time - you won't be bothered by armor, planes, or overly large maps.

However, I agree that zerging is a growing problem, it has definitely increased since BF3/4.
  • TEKNOCODE
    11024 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I think Conquest is without a doubt the best thing BF has had going for it. I would much rather see more effort put into more content for conquest. BR is just honestly boring.

This explains everything that you have ever posted, and your love for BFV - there is a game called "COD" that you really should try some time - you won't be bothered by armor, planes, or overly large maps.

However, I agree that zerging is a growing problem, it has definitely increased since BF3/4.

Oh, I play conquest when I have a couple of buddies on.

Conquest is just a big zergfest though.

Also, lol at cod. Maybe you should stop playing battlefield and just play arma.
  • xXHamatoYoshiXx
    198 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yep, I played one round of Firestorm and quit. I downloaded apex legends just to check it out and before even stepping into a game I deleted it. Played PUBG just because my friends wanted me to, but after a month or so I quit playing. It seriously feels like pulling teeth when trying to get DICE to fix the game before adding content, or to add a hardcore mode...I seriously cannot continue to support incompetent and greedy gaming companies with only their stock holders interests in mind and not hearing what the community, the people that have supported them for years and played their games, has to say. It's like every single game that comes out now, is half finished, and the community's voice is constantly falling on deaf ears, fake promises, bad public relations, or filled with nickle and diming gamers with microtransactions which in some cases like loot crates getting people to essentially gamble.
  • SlowOldWarrior
    460 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Here are some other Team Deathmatch suggestions:

https://www.giantbomb.com/team-deathmatch/3015-2463/games/
  • TEKNOCODE
    11024 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Here are some other Team Deathmatch suggestions:

https://www.giantbomb.com/team-deathmatch/3015-2463/games/
    Aww. It’s okay. Battlefield’s deathmatch won’t take away from your zergquest.
  • SlowOldWarrior
    Understood, try this - I think EA/Dice had this in mind:

https://www.giantbomb.com/battle-royale/3015-9111/games/