It's called a Mic

Comments

• TheSeries3
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    the voip is working for me in firestorm about 30% of the games.
  • Lt-Rapido
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I'm a quiet person and only talk with friends in party chat
  • SpinDoctor122
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I gave up on expecting anyone to have a mic in games several years ago because most people are locked in parties. One of the most annoying experiences is being invited to a party by a squad member only to discover that you and him are the only ones playing BF5 while the rest of the group is playing Goat Simulator or some other crap.
  • full951
    2468 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2019
    jeesus are you lonely? it's a game console, not a contract to be your talking buddy if I join a round with you. pay attention and stop running off on your own and you'll find more rando's will back you up
  • QHUNK9000
    307 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I play to relax. So no mics thanks!
  • SirTerrible
    1713 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Every time I give mics another chance the first person I hear has a baby screaming in the background while they breath loudly and get yelled at by their wife. Nope, not enabling VOIP in a game ever again.
  • Choongangchong
    70 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2019
    Unless playing with friends, first thing I do is mute everyone with mics. Ninety percent of time you are going to get either loud music, dog barking, kid crying, wife(girlfriend) talking to them or them raging at you because he died.
    This.
    Also in non American servers you have people who keeps talking in their native language

I have better things to do than voluntarily listen to trolls.
  • Tullzter
    1271 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    i have a personal rule of verbal non interaction with other people
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2630 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Mics went to the wayside this generation for gaming. Last gen mics were always used.
  • SumwhatKrazy
    557 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2019
    Game has no open mic. Holding a button to talk is pretty annoying.

Push to talk FTW. I cant stand when people in say Discord for example have open mic. That would suck playing with everyone with open mic on.

I notice that more often than not (when i play with randoms) people dont use their mics. Sometimes i get lucky and encounter people who do use mics and we team work. On PC i mean.
    Not gonna lie though, sometimes i dont feel like talking or go a bit shy. And sometimes if there's 2-3 of us in Discord we dont always talk to the random or two in in game chat, we're just talking in Discord. But i do always try to warn my team mates of danger like where i was shot from or where the enemy was, how many i saw, if there's a tank, if its safe to revive or request ammo or a revive or a med pack, some times i will ask whats the plan or suggest that people spawn on me, etc.

I do notice though that sometimes using a mic can make people leave the squad. Not everyone likes team work. I can understand though if someone is being too bossy or taking the game too seriously or being really critical if you die or make a mistake or dont revive even when they're out in the open and not safe to do so and etc.

But it really dose (more often than not) help you survive and do better when you all communicate.

I have a few people on my friends list that i was playing drunk with and i was sent a friend request because we team worked all night but then usually i never play with them again ^^;
  • Karkadrak
    74 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    i have no dessire speaking with the randoms i meet ingame
  • fragnstein
    813 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I thought mic was short for microwave oven
  • SumwhatKrazy
    557 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Sruex85 wrote: »

Not a team player then? booo
  • GrumbleSG9
    249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    fragnstein wrote: »
    I thought mic was short for microwave oven

I use my microwave oven whilst gaming all the time. Gotta have snacks to win. Or in some other players' minds, gotta have snacks and not mute the mic so others can listen to me munch muh mnacks.
  • Karkadrak

so im not a team player since i dont want to talk to random kids in ther 16's thinking they are gameing gods? no i can write to my team when i need to say something
  • Karkadrak
    and i litterly go alone in a squad since most randoms are potatoes any way :P
  • zenn_nme
    851 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2019
    Same; turned off mic & voip, mostly 'cause of screaming players. Only use a mic when I'm on TS with friends.
  • Dr_X2345
    774 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I keep my VOIP off generally because whenever I've had it on (or rather, when I've had the glitch where the option is off but you have to flip the switch to zctually mute it) there'll just be some guy breathing really heavily, which is pretty off putting, or some 12 year old who thinks this is CoD and is screaming 'hacker! Aimbotter! whenever he dies (tends to be the ones who's at the bottom of the leaderboard with about 2 kills and 17 deaths).
    Actually I've had much better games with random squads who weren't using the game's VOIP - I was in a squad with two guys from a clan and another random one time on Conquest, and we were top squad, all had very few deaths because we stuck as a squad, revived when possible, and we're kind of rotating through the map opposite our team.
  • SumwhatKrazy

so im not a team player since i dont want to talk to random kids in ther 16's thinking they are gameing gods? no i can write to my team when i need to say something

I only seem to encounter other adults. Maybe that's just a PC thing though? I guess typing is better than nothing at all. At the end of the day you can do what you want.

• mrtwotimes
    823 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You think I want to talk to the whiners? It's bad enough I have to read it here.