Weekly Debrief

DISCUSSION: Battlefield V: Firestorm

Comments

• PrimevalWeasil
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I really like this game mode. One piece small improvement I could suggest is that if the other players parachutes would not disappear outside of your view distance, just like the players themselves don't disappear already. This would really help out as I usually drop so that I travel quite far in parachute and knowing where everyone else is significantly affects where I want to land.
  • BIO30NGclankillr
    45 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 29
    The Doc has something to say about Firestorm

[video removed due to profanity]
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/401543800?t=2h14m6s
    Post edited by LOLGotYerTags on
  • GeneralXIV
    238 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Ive never played Battle Royale before. Im not really sure what it is, just that people-who-are-not-me play it. I figured Id give Firestorm a try, because why not? Its a new experience.

Anyway... Im not sure I understand it. My experience so far has been just doing nothing with my squad while I wait for erm... something to do? We got a tank, but no one jumped in the turret. So the tank was useless. We just wandered around, erm... er. Yup, I did nothing. Somehow my squad was 4/20. Not sure how. The only action that happened was when some enemies tried to blow up the useless tank. I shot two of them, then one hit me with a rocket launcher and I died. And all but one of my squad was down somehow, and the last guy was too far away to revive... or chose not to. Whichever. Anyway, he got killed by someone hiding in a bush and then the game was left to a squad hiding in a pipe and a guy hiding in some kind of constuction. The individual won somehow, because the pipe squad decided to move. Still, 4/20 for doing nothing but walk around until we killed a few people then died.

My current impressions are: its a little boring, I dont like the no-respawn thing, I would like something to... do? Maybe some nice mini-games to keep a squad occupied between actually meeting other players. I would also maybe enjoy it more if I could choose my weapons rather than finding them. I watched the explanatory video at the beginning and the "epic loot" are just weapons with specializations that I might already own and I dont get to keep them? I dont like how healing works, and the game never really feels to explain what i do with the things that I pick up but maybe thats just me. On the positive side of things, I like the fire effect, the TTK somehow feels really nice and smooth and I kinda hope that the ordinary game can have the same TTK but that might be an unpopular opinion.
  • lewron1306
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    its total BS, hackers ruin it. I just left a game that I got a med tank and shot a guy 3 times point blank with a TANK and he killed me !!!!! WTF if it was fair fight I would stay I loved BF4 , 1 sucked but 5 has potential
  • warslag
    1457 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited March 29
    The Doc has something to say about Firestorm

I couldn't believe how nuts he went at BFV.
    Post edited by Braddock512 on
  • KopaTropa123
    110 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    One word: boring
  • BIO30NGclankillr
    45 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

In our regions during peak hours and daytime match regional players into their regional servers only, then at night it gets set back to OOR and in region servers. Add an option to choose whether to be matched with OOR players, servers or not. And set our preferred region before matchmaking.

If the default is set to only join servers in our region, during peak times, there should be enough players online to fill at least a couple of servers.

The problem I think the devs are talking about is when there are not enough players in that region and they end up stuck waiting for enough players to start the round (usually work hours and at night).

Honestly sitting in an empty firestorm lobby without lag waiting for others to join is better than what we are currently facing each round. We don't really care if we can't join OOR servers

It would be far better than the horrible hit ratio we are experiencing now, it is impossible as it is. With firestorm we only want to play on the servers in our region. It is not enjoyable with 200 ping, there is no contest.

• eyeSight
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    One big joke without DUO mod, the Voice is not working every 2nd game, so you are lost, bc you cant communicate with that randoms.... ONE BIG JOKE!
  • Granatenmaxe
    60 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Why can't we build stuff like in fortnite?
  • LOLGotYerTags
    13078 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    @BIO30NGclankillr
    Please do not link video that contains profanity.

As this is a public ( and subsequently open forum ), We require anything posted is not in violation of the Forum Guidelines.

This includes profanity and such.

Video removed.
  • atom1C101
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have no interest in BR at all, and now we have to play it to complete this weeks Tides of war, kinda sucks...
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1563 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Why can't we build stuff like in fortnite?

You should be able to build fortifications which would add to a players strategy.
  • Seagels
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Storywise and for a better feeling of fulfillment some sort of evacuation (helicopter) for the winner would be great. With a firestorm closing in this would also seem quite logical.
  • Kongo030
    656 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Also in respect to micro transactions there'd be so many options for custom content to be included and sold.
  • gmarty73
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Firestorm is CRAP, don't like it. : :s
  • DeadAgain210
    207 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 29
    I was wondering. Can firestorm get an “epic” hand held sniper scope. Not for spotting out. For personal use. Maybe 4 random ones, or increase/decrease number as you see fit. (Solo mode)

*i didn’t want to make another post. I was rummaging through some stuff.(firestorm) I know it’s my option to pick it up. But why are “bouncing betties” in the game mode? Are they worth using, since the fire storm is coming through? (And just one?)
  • Kongo030
    Yeah binoculars would be good. Especially for old people like me. On another note the holographic sites please remove them. I can't see anything through them. I'm better off with iron sights but I guess the ones with optics also have other specializations. Optics should be separate loot items and the three levels of guns only improve their characteristics. I can live them coming with a sight but I'd need to be able to remove them.
  • Ypsilon-Oh
    249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Kongo030 wrote: »
    Yeah binoculars would be good. Especially for old people like me. On another note the holographic sites please remove them. I can't see anything through them. I'm better off with iron sights but I guess the ones with optics also have other specializations. Optics should be separate loot items and the three levels of guns only improve their characteristics. I can live them coming with a sight but I'd need to be able to remove them.

there shouldn't be different tiers of weapons at all...
    damned luck thing...
  • Kongo030
    I'm okay with that. It's partially luck but partially also how much risk you are willing to take in the beginning. There are spots with lots of pink guns but a lot of people will also drop there so you need to be fast and willing to go toe to toe right from the start.
    I'm still too bad at the gunfights and stay back. Realized that my hip firing skills that get me through the regular game don't help in firestorm at all. Accurate ADS headshots are the way to go.
  • SquaddFather
    112 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Firestorm is boring !