New roadmap is a freaking joke Dice. Well done with yet another failure.

Comments

• Ameeba37
    1751 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    It certainly doesn't help that they haven't even added their microtransaction store to fund this stuff.

Which is why I didn't expect much from this.

It's unfortunate.

I was thinking this as well. The "premium currency" and paid cosmetics are supposed to fill the monetary void caused by the lack of premium but they are nowhere to be found.
  • diagoro
    1530 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Ameeba37 wrote: »
    It certainly doesn't help that they haven't even added their microtransaction store to fund this stuff.

It's unfortunate.

I was thinking this as well. The "premium currency" and paid cosmetics are supposed to fill the monetary void caused by the lack of premium but they are nowhere to be found.

Reading how Battlefront 2 has been a near exact experience, leaves me thinking BFV is screwed. I reLl wan't to believe things will improve. Dice just hasn't given me any confidence.
  • Sixclicks
    5073 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

It's unfortunate.

BFV is in a such state I'd not want to purchase anything with real money. No way, man.

Neither would I. For this whole live service to have worked, they really need the game to be complete at launch with the microtransaction store in game. The funds from that would have hopefully allowed a more fulfilling development schedule. Which in turn would keep the game more interesting and retain more players who would actually be interested in buying microtransactions since they see the game as having a future.
  • baroncrovax
    230 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    diagoro wrote: »
    Ameeba37 wrote: »

It's unfortunate.

Reading how Battlefront 2 has been a near exact experience, leaves me thinking BFV is screwed. I reLl wan't to believe things will improve. Dice just hasn't given me any confidence.

Quoted for truth. Seriously if you think MTX will help just look at what happened to Battlefront 2 after they introduced it back.

The new game mode they promised before geonosis somehow only has the geonosis map. Not sure what happened there.
  • NuthinButSteel
    148 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    TyroneLoyd wrote: »
    Ah it's 4 maps now slightly better

@TyroneLoyd Did they update the roadmap? Do you have a link?
  • crabman169
    12841 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

TyroneLoyd Did they update the roadmap? Do you have a link?

Its 2 maps (Greek and remastered map) and 2 5v5 maps exclusive to that 5v5 mode. So think Titanfall 2.

How much we wanna bet that dice will continue to make maps for the mode just like Respawn did for their 5v5 mode and basically drop map making for the rest of the game
  • Pekmez-Pita
    145 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Why even bother adding more Combined Arms missions if you can't even implement a basic matchmaking system for it?

I can't believe how lazy this developer has become.
  • crabman169
    12841 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Why even bother adding more Combined Arms missions if you can't even implement a basic matchmaking system for it?

Matchmaking for it is coming next month along with hardcore mode and two missions in Fjell
  • YourLocalPlumber
    2522 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Question is - Why bother implementing Coop in the first place if you can't make it interesting? I was expecting Coop similar to BF3 with unique location and missions along with exclusive weapons or at least camos. But we got boring recycled multiplayer maps filled with countless brain dead AIs to kill with no unlocks. I just don't see the reason to play Coop if I don't get anything from it.
  • Pekmez-Pita
    145 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    crabman169 wrote: »

Matchmaking for it is coming next month along with hardcore mode and two missions in Fjell

What?! Really?

This is drip feeding content taken to the next level. Wow!
  • ElliotLH
    6753 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

TyroneLoyd Did they update the roadmap? Do you have a link?

Its 2 maps (Greek and remastered map) and 2 5v5 maps exclusive to that 5v5 mode. So think Titanfall 2.

How much we wanna bet that dice will continue to make maps for the mode just like Respawn did for their 5v5 mode and basically drop map making for the rest of the game

I'm quite curious about how the 5v5 will work as either that mode is going to have 5 man squads or some poor soul is going to be pretty lonely.
  • fragnstein
    348 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH wrote: »
    Skitelz7 wrote: »
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    But the player base isn't split and that's all that matters......

It is. Even though I think they can do better with the amount of new maps, I rather have fewer maps which will always be populated and in rotation than have 4 new maps at once that only premium members play for a month then are forgotten about forever (until they end up giving it away for free years later).

What premium maps died off 1 month after release??

A few of the Turning Tides ones weren't all the popular if memory serves but the mixed servers they added later helped quite a lot I think.

I remember game modes dying more than maps - like Supply Drop and Air Assault (might have got the name wrong there).

Premium should be structured as payed for early access to DLC and released to everyone a month after each release. We all get maps, us premium lovers get guaranteed stuff on a set time scale, no community split and everyone gets to play together with dlc added to vanilla rotation for all.

Its the sensible solution and I know many would still buy premium for 1 month early access. They could also keep stupid skins as a cash bump throughout the years too.

I would fully support that model over this crap.

Why would anyone buy it when a month later it's free? How many people complained they bought bfv at full price only to have it reduced a month later?
  • VOLBANKER
    694 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    fragnstein wrote: »
    Why would anyone buy it when a month later it's free? How many people complained they bought bfv at full price only to have it reduced a month later?
    I'm sure a lot of people, me included, would not be able to wait a full month to play new content.
    So we'd happily pay to play from the start instead of waiting 1 month.
    Also it's different than the bfv launch, where people raged because the price was reduced 1 month later, the difference being that with bfv people didn't know the price was gonna be reduced; with this new map payment people would know beforehand that in 1 month the content would be free.
    Then you can decide: Do I want to pay in order to play this content now, or would I rather wait 1 month and get it for free.
  • NuthinButSteel
    148 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

@crabman169 Actually if you go on the roadmap now it was updated the 27th saying that there was some confusion and hardcore mode will not be implemented. Just Fjell and match making now.
  • TheyHaveScissors
    537 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Maps for only 5 v 5? How exciting!...said no real Battlefield player ever.

Yea it's really sad DICE aims more and more towards CoD gameplay. Makes the game more shallow with boring, shoebox maps just to call it ''competitive'' then. DICE BF team is trying to serve the wrong audience imo.
  • crabman169

@crabman169 Actually if you go on the roadmap now it was updated the 27th saying that there was some confusion and hardcore mode will not be implemented. Just Fjell and match making now.

Eh couldn't really care; adding hardcore mode to the coop makes no sense anyhow. Just play hard solo and try to extract whilst not hiding in a corner (hot pursuit for example)

Combined arms could've been something good but it's like they gave the reins to one of their kids; that trailer about it was a stone faced lie and they know it
  • diagoro
    1530 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Love how Dice highlight co-op matchmaking as a 'great new feature', for a game mode no one wants, and a feature that should have been there with the base offering.

Guess the next troadmap will offer better tank mechanics as a great new feature, like shells that actually do damage.

Good god, the marketing team should just go way at this point.
  • normanethan
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    "Awakening the Giant" Has to be the Pacific US/JN and not the eastern front. It's what Admiral Yamamoto supposedly said after Pearl Harbor.