AA guns

xvbossvx
10 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
AA guns are to weak I'm tried of getting bombed by plains the whole game. Using AA gun are useless you can shoot 3 to 4 passes and can't take them down. AA guns need a buff.

Comments

• IDirtY_SeCreT
    529 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Nope they don't need a buff... You shouldn't be able to 1v1 bombers and damage to lighter planes is also high enough.
  • MinZhuZhongGuo
    410 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Damage toward fighters are enough, or somewhat high. In contrast, damage against bombers are more than nothing. Desperately needs buff to stop this bomber meta.
  • USMC_90_95
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I agree. What is an aa gun useful for if you’re not supposed to “1v1 bombers” what is it’s purpose if it doesn’t hardly do damage to bombers? The bomber pilots have time to line up their bombs, eat a sandwich, drink a cup of coffee then casually drop their bombs and destroy you.
    I think it should do enough damage to cause the bomber to pull off its run and go repair.
  • MBT_Layzan
    1429 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I see more players use them on my tank than planes. And I'm not sure why they do that either...
  • Frindly-Fire-4
    26 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    AA should be removed from this game it`s a camper tool for kills nothing more
  • PackersDK
    731 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I hate AA in this game. It’s dangerously close to be outright useless.

I quit COD, among other things, to get away from idiotic deaths by killstreaks. Being on a plane-filled map in BFV takes me right back.

Now, I don’t want to blow bombers out of the sky like in BF1, where they were nothing but canvassed bathtubs. But there must be a middleground, surely.

In BFV they (bombers) either

1) completely ignore manned AA (in the sense, that they don’t even bother avoiding the area/objective of a manned AA, they don’t have to)

or

2) they take them on, head-to-head because... well, they can.

If AA isn’t even a deterrent then what is the point?

• NLBartmaN
    3165 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    AA in BF1 was perfect ... but also on this point Dice tried to reinvent the wheel and it is terrible ...
  • fragnstein
    460 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I agree, aa is pretty useless. If the objective is to work together with other aa, there is never another close enough to do that
  • MarxistDictator
    4872 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN wrote: »
    AA in BF1 was perfect ... but also on this point Dice tried to reinvent the wheel and it is terrible ...

Perfect as in completely overpowered? Or is the point of AA to completely ransack aircraft and 1v1 a plane with 3 or more players effortlessly.
  • stiny1838
    263 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    AA should be removed from this game it`s a camper tool for kills nothing more

say's the guy who mostly uses planes :D
  • PrecisionWing
    627 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    USMC_90_95 wrote: »
    I think it should do enough damage to cause the bomber to pull off its run and go repair.
    AA already can do that to a bomber and fighter from almost the other side of the map. AA actually should have a shorter range, especially AA tank
  • stiny1838
    263 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    USMC_90_95 wrote: »
    AA already can do that to a bomber and fighter from almost the other side of the map. AA actually should have a shorter range, especially AA tank

have you used saa it's always in positions that stop it from shooting the other side of the map plus long range on aa is a waste of time as most shots miss squirrelly pilots.
  • xXHamatoYoshiXx
    198 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    AA does not need a buff. AAs can take down bombers and fighters with no problem, planes have a much harder time spotting AAs than AAs spotting planes and taking down an AA takes a lot of concentration. It's fine...leave it alone...let DICE resolve issues with glitches and other problems first to say the least.
  • MBT_Layzan
    1429 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    AA does not need a buff. AAs can take down bombers and fighters with no problem, planes have a much harder time spotting AAs than AAs spotting planes and taking down an AA takes a lot of concentration. It's fine...leave it alone...let DICE resolve issues with glitches and other problems first to say the least.

I don't agree with regards to bombers.
  • AOD_Gendomaoken
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    AA doesnt need a buff, its bombers and Mosquitoes, that need armor % decrease. They laugh at AA, bomb their targets, and go back to rearm and repair. The other day on arras our AA in spawn tried to counter Mosq's bombing center, they didnt care for most part, but when they got bored with being pegged, they just dropped bomb on an AA without much care. Flakpanzer ended same way. Mosq's and bombers(especially rank 4) have enough armor buffer do do the drop, and fly away. One good strage of aa gun solves the problem, as AA cannot counter them in time, before they drop their load on him.
  • stiny1838

it takes multple aa guns to kill a plane flying right at them with direct hits and then the plane still kills one of the aa gunners.
  • TheyHaveScissors
    629 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    xvbossvx wrote: »
    AA guns are to weak I'm tried of getting bombed by plains the whole game. Using AA gun are useless you can shoot 3 to 4 passes and can't take them down. AA guns need a buff.

Its a bit too weak against bomber types.
  • IDirtY_SeCreT
    529 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Reducing the effective range would be ok if the AA cannons would output more damage on close ranges. The AA just does the same damage no matter how far away the plane is. That's so hard to ballance since the gap between op and up is so small. Why not reduce range and make the AA extremely effective in denying small areas. And if planes come to close, meaning bombers go head on, someone with skill should have a good chance to shred the plane.
    Though I understand that Bombers need to take serious damage, cause a plane with 3 players in it, shouldn't be easily killed by one player.
  • stiny1838
    xvbossvx wrote: »

Its a bit too weak against bomber types.

and from the plane movement nerf that is all pilots use.
  • stiny1838

Reducing the effective range would be ok if the AA cannons would output more damage on close ranges. The AA just does the same damage no matter how far away the plane is. That's so hard to ballance since the gap between op and up is so small. Why not reduce range and make the AA extremely effective in denying small areas. And if planes come to close, meaning bombers go head on, someone with skill should have a good chance to shred the plane.
    Though I understand that Bombers need to take serious damage, cause a plane with 3 players in it, shouldn't be easily killed by one player.

i agree with the range being nerfed and the damage increased, but the 1 player getting 3 kills in a plane not so much as an assault can get multiple kills soloing a tank.