I hate to admit it but there are cheaters in this game currently

Comments

• Mhill2029
    79 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 29
    Yup cheating is probably the worst I've seen in any BF game to date. BFV is certainly plagued by it....

So I had an idea, one way of "lifetime banning" someone's account could be done by the following method. This would also prevent any future copies purchased to do the same nonsense or those hiding behind a proxy or masking their IP, which most cheaters do.

Log the IP that was used when purchasing the game, the reason for this is most banks/credit card companies will not accept purchases from a proxy or a masked IP outside of the address where the payment method is registered to (fraud prevention). So upon installing/launching the game you will be presented with a pop up warning that your future game interaction will be registered using the following IP and will be final. Since external IP's provided by the ISP don't usually change.

If they purchased the game via another method Paypal etc, they will still be prompted to confirm the IP they will be using for future interactions with the game. So ie; when they are sitting at their desktop that will be then registered as the permanent locale to play from.

I dunno maybe i'm overthinking things.... but just my 2 cents.
  • STOPchris
    430 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Mhill2029 wrote: »
    Yup cheating is probably the worst I've seen in any BF game to date. BFV is certainly plagued by it....

So I had an idea, one way of "lifetime banning" someone's account could be done by the following method. This would also prevent any future copies purchased to do the same nonsense or those hiding behind a proxy or masking their IP, which most cheaters do.

Log the IP that was used when purchasing the game, the reason for this is most banks/credit card companies will not accept purchases from a proxy or a masked IP outside of the address where the payment method is registered to (fraud prevention). So upon installing/launching the game you will be presented with a pop up warning that your future game interaction will be registered using the following IP and will be final. Since external IP's provided by the ISP don't usually change.

If they purchased the game via another method Paypal etc, they will still be prompted to confirm the IP they will be using for future interactions with the game. So ie; when they are sitting at their desktop that will be then registered as the permanent locale to play from.

Yeah, I am SURE that EA is going to deny someone the ability to re-PURCHASE the game...
  • StarscreamUK
    7069 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    many isps dont give a permanent ip address, my bank doesnt know my ip address either.
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    1232 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    many isps dont give a permanent ip address, my bank doesnt know my ip address either.

And I don't know about you, but I wouldn't trust EA with my social security number...
  • parkingbrake
    3044 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    STOPchris wrote: »

Yeah, I am SURE that EA is going to deny someone the ability to re-PURCHASE the game...
    Exactly, EA doesn't put any hurdles in front of a banned player wanting to buy the game again because they are perfectly happy to sell a known cheater another copy, a sale is a sale.

Players care about games, corporations care about profit.
  • Mhill2029
    79 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Well I guess really the only way to reduce such activity from certain individuals is a monthly or quarterly subscription fee to access multiplayer. I know that maybe frowned upon by many, but it’s about time this sort of nonsense was stopped once and for all. Sure cheaters is something your gonna get no matter what, but I just don’t feel that enough is being done to prevent such activity.
  • Anaie1
    71 postsMember Member
    firestorm could be fun but i wont play it untill cheaters are gone
  • RootsReggaeMusic
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    i read on the dark web that the Cheat DEVS is having problems whit FF, the FF is verry argessive. and their users are getting banned… thats good News dhoo...
  • Cropulus
    226 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I am betting DICE is upping their game and will provide an update on how many they banned soon. Maybe I am just too positive about everything 🤣
  • jog0ff
    135 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    the best way to end (or almost) using of software-powered-skill is removing any kind of stats (K/D etc.) and perks related to progress in the game, mean weapon / vehicle upgrades.
    keep it simply, everyone's having the same weapon / vehicles choice so no advantage. no stats=no cheaters. use to play Americas Army and as far as i remember there was no such things like stats and upgrades
  • jog0ff
    135 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 29
    Well I guess really the only way to reduce such activity from certain individuals is a monthly or quarterly subscription fee to access multiplayer. I know that maybe frowned upon by many, but it’s about time this sort of nonsense was stopped once and for all. Sure cheaters is something your gonna get no matter what, but I just don’t feel that enough is being done to prevent such activity.

kinda agree, small affordable fees wouldnt hurt and once cheating proved, ban credit card from further purchases / subscriptions
    or
    just make some servers pay-for-play type (subs of course), I bet you there wont be even one cheater on them
  • alienstout
    679 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    i read on the dark web that the Cheat DEVS is having problems whit FF, the FF is verry argessive. and their users are getting banned… thats good News dhoo...

Hahaha, my coffee just spit out of my mouth. No, I don't believe this at all.
  • jog0ff
    alienstout wrote: »

Hahaha, my coffee just spit out of my mouth. No, I don't believe this at all.

LOL same here, almost choked eating my lunch :smiley: , since when FF actually does anything?
  • MachoFantast1c0
    1941 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

For what it's worth, I wouldn't consider this spectator footage clip a conclusive piece of evidence, as it relies on one particular rifle smoke grenade bouncing and deploying consistently across all parties.

There's also that pesky little, "Aim into a bunch of smoke and fire, hit, kill," thing.

The theory is certainly plausible along with a few other videos but ultimately it's up to the user to defend themselves.

Ive run into this instance a few times before on stream.

I came across a clear demonstration of how the spectator view can not be trusted for validating suspicious behavior related to smoke. Two clips, one from first person, the second from spectating the same moment:

1s person POV: https://streamable.com/tw9wy
    Spectator: https://streamable.com/ondip

It clear to see how spectator gives a completely different representation of the events. Thus I'd refrain from using isolated incidents as proof of cheating. Repeated and consistent shooting through smoke or other visual obstructions is a different matter, but requires more effort to collect.
  • alienstout
    679 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Shooting through fog/smoke happens. I have done it if I saw a guy running that way, or hear a gun shot in there. They are not instakills, but with the STG if you start getting hits you zero in and that dude is dead for sure.
  • Cropulus
    226 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have also done it. With a suppression box or spotting present also, I am not sure whether you would see those in spectator.
  • Hercules728
    202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Watching the videos above . The spectator mode does have more smoke . In the live feed you can see a player on the top that he fires at , on the bottom there is smoke and I can't see the two players he shoots at and kills , they are in smoke . Maybe luck . I also notice that the Sumi is fired at full auto and has no recoil and no spread and at distance . When he misses it is because of him swaying back and forth in cover . Not sure how he is doing that . Great video , thanks for sharing .
  • BadBudgieSmuggla
    252 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    alienstout wrote: »
    Shooting through fog/smoke happens. I have done it if I saw a guy running that way, or hear a gun shot in there. They are not instakills, but with the STG if you start getting hits you zero in and that dude is dead for sure.[/quote

If someone is just spraying i'd agree with you and yes it's probably not enough to be definitive. However he was very deliberate about where and when he was shooting to get that kill through smoke where no enemy was visible. If i was a betting man i'd put my money on him using esp. That's just me
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    1232 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Watching the videos above . The spectator mode does have more smoke . In the live feed you can see a player on the top that he fires at , on the bottom there is smoke and I can't see the two players he shoots at and kills , they are in smoke . Maybe luck . I also notice that the Sumi is fired at full auto and has no recoil and no spread and at distance . When he misses it is because of him swaying back and forth in cover . Not sure how he is doing that . Great video , thanks for sharing .

I find it interesting that the spectator mode shows more recoil than the first person recording.
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    I came across a clear demonstration of how the spectator view can not be trusted for validating suspicious behavior related to smoke. Two clips, one from first person, the second from spectating the same moment:

1s person POV: https://streamable.com/tw9wy
    Spectator: https://streamable.com/ondip

It clear to see how spectator gives a completely different representation of the events. Thus I'd refrain from using isolated incidents as proof of cheating. Repeated and consistent shooting through smoke or other visual obstructions is a different matter, but requires more effort to collect.

Can we come up with a counter example where the player has more smoke than the spectator mode does?

If not, that would be, let's just say, "curious."

It also seems to cluster...Some players mysteriously and repeatedly see through smoke, while others don't.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!