Dev wants examples of bad visibility

Comments

• Red_Label_Scotch
    1499 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Vycinas2 wrote: »
    Here goes my weekend uploading stuff to Youtube.

Volunteer playtester...
  • TFBisquit
    2209 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's not just visibility is it. How many times have you seen a "dead body" laying on some rubble with its legs stuck in the air only to realise it's shooting at you and you're waiting for a revive.

Yeah, sometimes I see a dead body and think, shall I ? So I fire one bullet at it, and sometimes it's a hitmarker, my brain needs some seconds to digest that, then I kill the dead body. It's strange tbh.
  • M_Rat13
    1499 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Anyone got any footage from Narvik? That map is by far the worst offender, and therefore my most hated map.
  • TropicPoison
    2503 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    When did it become the players job and not the devs to fix their game and find bad examples?

Hey EA if you start paying me I'll put in as little effort as DICE does, but I still expect to be paid the same amount nonetheless.
  • SirBobdk
    5023 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    LOL. dont play their own game.
  • IDirtY_SeCreT
    553 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2019
    Seriously, they want to fix every spot by hand? That will take forever... Yeah DICE if you would've gotten rid of all that eyecandy we wont have these problems I guess. Is changing the textures really that hard?
    And DICE a pro tip: every freaking black or rather dark backround causes visibility issues. Do I have to point your nose on these locations?
  • Lt-Rapido
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    So how do I send them the screenshots?
  • TyroneLoyd_TV
    1683 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Maybe they should ask criterion instead
  • BaronVonGoon
    7021 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Lt-Rapido wrote: »
    So how do I send them the screenshots?

Download the Imgur app and upload the pics then give them the links to the pics.
  • onylra_II
    76 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think at least half the problem is the ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ that accumulates on your uniform when you're rolling around on the ground. Snow, mud.

You think I don't take a couple seconds to wallow like a pig in ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ whenever I spawn on a snow/mud map? It's a big advantage, because you blend almost seamlessly with the environment afterwards.

How DICE is seemingly oblivious to this is beyond me. PLAY YOUR GAME, use your eyes! Once again, a neat technical feature (it's clever, don't get me wrong) is over-egged and becomes detrimental to gameplay - think about the ambient snow on Narvik in pre-release.
  • Halcyon_Creed_N7
    1530 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It's not just visibility is it. How many times have you seen a "dead body" laying on some rubble with its legs stuck in the air only to realise it's shooting at you and you're waiting for a revive.

Yeah, the pre-BFV death system was better. Your body just lay there unmoving, so it was easier to differentiate the dead from the living. Now I've had to train my brain to ignore movements like that, which can be fatal sometimes.
  • craigerswuzhere
    103 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    To Baron, thank you for doing what they should be doing already. Putting that information on the forums for more people to see. The more input the better because they need all the help they can get. I've never understood why they limit that information sometimes to one social media platform.

To Vycinas, if you happen to put your clips together, can you post it here too or somehow leave that info somewhere instead of just sending it to them, if it's not too much trouble. I'd love to see it also. I remember your old HL vids, you rock.

To Dice, can't YOU also go back to previous BF titles, look for similar scenery settings and find out the main differences between the two and why BFV sucks so much worse? Or would you like us to do that for you too?

To EA, I used to proudly tell people I loved Battlefield. I feel so let down lately that I will have a hard time supporting this franchise anymore. If the next BF is nothing special, I'm gone.
  • Kayback
    367 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Isn't this what Beta testing is for? Isn't this exactly what people were complaining about in the Beta?

I know that "public beta" is the new form of "demo" but honestly, this grunt work should have been done and has been done. Why are they asking for it again?
  • Hawxxeye
    7055 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Seriously, they want to fix every spot by hand? That will take forever... Yeah DICE if you would've gotten rid of all that eyecandy we wont have these problems I guess. Is changing the textures really that hard?
    And DICE a pro tip: every freaking black or rather dark backround causes visibility issues. Do I have to point your nose on these locations?
    I tweeted him this little gem with that linked:

I do not think there is a better example of how a dark background dissolves the player outline
  • OrionPherrit
    460 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    2xbu1f.jpg
    You know how in the squad selection screen it takes awhile for you & your fireteam partners to show up? Well, I think that something similar is happening in actual games. Please bear with me for a moment: as you can see in my screencap, the GPU hasn’t even gotten around to including my legs yet, and my comrade was demoted to Faceless Minion.

My conjecture is that enemies are sometimes slow to be rendered because EA/Dice prioritizes environments to be processed first. That’s why we sometimes only see a muzzle flash with no body attached until too late.

Greyheads like me remember old games which used to prioritize enemies, so literally everything else would vanish except for your opponent before you. But now, style is valued over substance, and we are at a disadvantage in Predatorfield V. 🤧
  • misisipiRivrRat
    1002 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    2xbu1f.jpg
    You know how in the squad selection screen it takes awhile for you & your fireteam partners to show up? Well, I think that something similar is happening in actual games. Please bear with me for a moment: as you can see in my screencap, the GPU hasn’t even gotten around to including my legs yet, and my comrade was demoted to Faceless Minion.

My conjecture is that enemies are sometimes slow to be rendered because EA/Dice prioritizes environments to be processed first. That’s why we sometimes only see a muzzle flash with no body attached until too late.

Greyheads like me remember old games which used to prioritize enemies, so literally everything else would vanish except for your opponent before you. But now, style is valued over substance, and we are at a disadvantage in Predatorfield V. 🤧

You might be on to something
  • misisipiRivrRat
    1002 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    When I was playing I noticed this mostly on Rotterdam. I remember being in the alley betwwen two buildings looking towards the train which that far. Anyway just looking toward the end of the alley I couldn't even see the streetlight, but when I would ads the light and enemy laying prone would become visible. Exit ads, can't see the enemy. And this was without a scope. While it can be hard to see enemies close up, it was the medium distance engagements that are the worst for me.
  • misisipiRivrRat
    And why are they asking for more examples ? There is a thread from January titled Dice addressing visibility and the op linked a tweet from David Sirland where he says they know of the visibility issue and are working on it.
    So if they knew there were issues then and they were working on it why do they want more examples?