Assualt semi autos after nerf?

M_Rat13
804 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
So, since they got nerfed in the recoil department, what's everyone's opinions on them. Personally the only one I really use is the G1-5, and mainly at closer ranges, so I don't really have the full picture. Is it possible to use them now without them feeling OPAF?

Comments

• llPhantom_Limbll
    5250 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    MAS 44 is as good as it was before the "nerf".
  • Gen_Ch0pper
    69 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Still awesomesauce. Just as good
  • Woodlbrad
    524 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Still very strong like the rest of the assault kit.
  • IDirtY_SeCreT
    527 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Calling this a nerf is just a joke, the weapons are still too easy to use...
  • ElliotLH
    7281 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Not noticed much difference and I see it more of an adjustment as opposed to a nerf.
  • SlowOldWarrior
    332 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    My experience is the new "lagginess" from the last patch have made the semi-autos and pistols miss constantly, I switched to STG-44 and pepper the target with better results - fiber optic with consistently <40 ping.

Thanks for the patch Dice.
  • BFB-LeCharybdis
    705 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    They nerfed it? How? Still feels exactly the same
  • Soulbreeze
    345 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I felt it a little bit on the Selby for the Assault kit. The AGM felt the same though. Only two I've used since the....adjustments.
  • Niick1402
    76 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    They nerfed it? How? Still feels exactly the same

They gave them more recoil, it's in the patch notes. I find it noticeable on the turner smle, it's a bit harder to kill with it on longer ranges. The G43 still feels the same to me.
  • GP-Caliber
    633 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    the turner did get a bit of a recoil nerf for me but its still amazing. the damage output and accuracy are still the same.
  • TFBisquit
    1195 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Definitely more recoil with 3x scopes. If you use ironsights though, you wont notice much different from before.
  • RayD_O1
    472 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TFBisquit wrote: »
    Definitely more recoil with 3x scopes. If you use ironsights though, you wont notice much different from before.

Yes notice the additional recoil using the gewehr 1-5 with scope.
  • Pyr0Plazma
    370 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 31
    SLR's actually have a chance against SAR's now lol. Then again I'd argue SAR's still have the advantage thanks to large mag sizes and access to propper 3x scopes without glint.
  • Dr_X2345
    774 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They're still good, you just can't really quickly take out enemies at longer range. But if you don't spam bullets at range then the change is hardly noticeable.
  • Halcyon_Creed_N7
    1234 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Vertical recoil means nothing. If you're going for a quick 3 round bust you normally aim center mass, so even without counteracting the recoil all 3 shots should land, and if you're going for accuracy, you're not spamming the trigger, which means the weapon's recoil has a chance to settle.

Pretty much 100% unnoticeable "nerf".
  • GrumbleSG9
    249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH wrote: »
    Not noticed much difference and I see it more of an adjustment as opposed to a nerf.

Pretty much same as this. It hasn't been a game-changing "nerf" by any stretch of the imagination. That's a good thing though, better to try a slight change to see how it settles into the game rather than just go "FULLNERF!" and now the weapons are useless. Still, I've seen a few posts crying about the recoil tweaks as though that'd happened.
  • SpinachVsKale
    185 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    My experience is the new "lagginess" from the last patch have made the semi-autos and pistols miss constantly, I switched to STG-44 and pepper the target with better results - fiber optic with consistently <40 ping.

Bro, it's driving me nuts!! I'm surprised not a lot of people are talking about the lag that came with the patch.
  • y_j_es_i
    1099 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think they did a good job with the nerf. The biggest problem with the semi-autos were that they could easily outsnipe sniper rifles at long range and things are pretty even now. At closer ranges they haven’t been nerfed too much and given how automatics are still preferable at closer ranges I think it’s pretty fair
  • bran1986
    5483 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Still broken as ever.
  • y_j_es_i
    1099 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Bro, it's driving me nuts!! I'm surprised not a lot of people are talking about the lag that came with the patch.

Any idea what’s causing the lagginess? Things have felt strange on my end too