I hate to admit it but there are cheaters in this game currently

Comments

• hAiwahn
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hi,

i want to ask the Devs if the new Denuvo Anti Cheat finds it way to Battlefield V Multiplayer and Firestorm.
    The BFV Singleplayer is already protected by Denuvo.

https://irdeto.com/news/leveling-the-playing-field-with-denuvo-anti-cheat/

Thanks
  • TyroneLoyd
    1350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I came across a clear demonstration of how the spectator view can not be trusted for validating suspicious behavior related to smoke. Two clips, one from first person, the second from spectating the same moment:

1s person POV: https://streamable.com/tw9wy
    Spectator: https://streamable.com/ondip

It clear to see how spectator gives a completely different representation of the events. Thus I'd refrain from using isolated incidents as proof of cheating. Repeated and consistent shooting through smoke or other visual obstructions is a different matter, but requires more effort to collect.

Can we come up with a counter example where the player has more smoke than the spectator mode does?

If not, that would be, let's just say, "curious."

It also seems to cluster...Some players mysteriously and repeatedly see through smoke, while others don't.

I'll have to sift through my vods there was a specific moment where xfizzer was streaming at the same time I was and I killed him through smoke though I had zero on my screen. This happened twice that round. He stated his screen was full of smoke and clipped it. So theres is def a large inconsistency from clients to server effects. For the recoil comments I believe it has to do with a users fov and ads scaling. Mainly when I'm playing to reduce visual recoil I tend to set my fov and ads scaling at certain ranges to help.
    This could sometimes explain why some streamers have less visual recoil in a 1-1 view compared to spectator mode since it uses your settings or default(I'll reference it when I get home to figure out which one). Like ive said before its still ultimately up to the user to defend themselves but that hypothesis is definitely plausible.

• Red_Label_Scotch
    1232 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    hAiwahn wrote: »
    Hi,

i want to ask the Devs if the new Denuvo Anti Cheat finds it way to Battlefield V Multiplayer and Firestorm.

Thanks

Why would there be a need to protect the BFV singleplayer?
  • Blutfleisch
    38 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 29
    Hi,

Thanks

Like denuvo is better than FF... BFV was cracked within 1st month of release as far as i remember. And the irony: They paid like $100k denuvo licence to protect the single-player (like people buying BF series for SP...), yet they let the most important part of every BF game, Multiplayer, naked and unguarded by using FF, instead EAC or BE, like any other MP games using atm.
  • Sw1ts
    115 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I don't know man,i didn't see him at all,i can't see them in game either,no i don't have problem with my eyes,i'm not blind just can't see anything what is too far like in this video.I'm not saying that JackFrags is cheating but i can't explain some of this kinda movements to myself.I will soon give up with this game fast anyway cuz its unplayable at the moment because of this 'pro players" with high K/d ration at lvl 5-7-10 even 50.
  • DancesWthMice
    86 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    My default game mode is TDM. As the last weeks have gone by, I have noticed a reduction in the number of lvl 50 players. Also, lvl 50 players aren't at the top of the score boards, it's often the lvl 0-10 players with little map and weapon knowledge leading the score boards.

I have at times asked these "pro" lvl 0 players if they also played under another name. The response is always "no, but I played all the other BF games" . That or they say they are just good at these games. In my view, anyone who has played all the other BF games would have got in on BFV at launch or beta to learn the maps. Good clean players understand the importance of getting map and game mechanics experience early rather than trying to familiarize yourself with the game when everyone else has several hundred hours of experience.

Also, these low lvl players are coming in at a time in the BFV scene where cheats are rampant. So they play against cheats and experienced players and still clean up...hmm

Any thoughts?
  • DancesWthMice
    86 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    My default game mode is TDM. As the last weeks have gone by, I have noticed a reduction in the number of lvl 50 players. Also, lvl 50 players aren't at the top of the score boards, it's often the lvl 0-10 players with little map and weapon knowledge leading the score boards.

I have at times asked these "pro" lvl 0 players if they also played under another name. The response is always "no, but I played all the other BF games" . That or they say they are just good at these games. In my view, anyone who has played all the other BF games would have got in on BFV at launch or beta to learn the maps. Good clean players understand the importance of getting map and game mechanics experience early rather than trying to familiarize yourself with the game when everyone else has several hundred hours of experience.

Also, these low lvl players are coming in at a time in the BFV scene where cheats are rampant. So they play against cheats and experienced players and still clean up...hmm

Any thoughts?
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    1232 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Any thoughts?

Oh, I can tell you who to ask this question to...The same "defenders" and "well, it could be hacking, but..."

We all know who they are.

We *all* do.
  • DigitalHype
    768 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 30
    1:24:55 how did he see the enemy lying down and blended into the rocks so easily and zoom straight in? I could not see him. His ESP is just too good?

Not that difficult when you have nice big 1440p screen without youtube compression.

[EDITING my post Mar 30, 2019 to correct. Nothing fishy here IMO. On my first review, I missed the tracer fire that revealed that players position about 5 seconds prior. ]
    [ see my follow-up post here https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/comment/1512862/#Comment_1512862 for clarification. ]

Let me preface this by saying I like Jack, and I often enjoy his videos and commentary. I think he is a skilled player.
    I undestand video compression on Youtube can play a factor. I think Jack generally plays BF at 2k. I'm watching that video on a 27 " 4k HDR gysnc 144hz monitor about 30cm from my eyes (20/20 with corrective lenses). But the video is encoded at only 1080p/60hz and there is some pretty severe compression artifacts during his movement. Definitley a loss of fidelity vs. the source.
    But... That enemy was prone, motionless, out of range of footsteps, wearing biome-appropriate camo., 75-100m out, and pretty far into Jack's periphery at the point he makes the turn directly to the enemies position and ADS. Only then does the enemy stand/crouch and move. After that, Jack say "there's a guy there."
    That enemy had only been in his periphery for about 2 seconds before he does this action. And just a few seconds earlier, befor he turned back to heading 335, looking over the bridge side, he had spent much more time with line-of-sight directly on that exact same area and even scoped in. He didn't notice him then. I assume Jack's monitor didn't change in those 6 seconds. I guess that enemy couldn't have moved into that spot and went prone in just those 6 seconds. But that seems unlikely.

So, it does make me wonder how Jack knew to rapidly move cursor exactly to that spot, and ADS on him. I wouldn't make a definitely conclusion. But, it does look a bit "fishy" to me. I'd like to see the raw source though.
    Post edited by DigitalHype on
  • DigitalHype
    768 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hi,

Thanks

Why would there be a need to protect the BFV singleplayer?

The existing Denuvo stuff is piracy protection. Not anti-cheat.
  • 287martin
    169 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    China number 1 in battlefield no. Time to play a proper supported game like Rising Storm 2 Vietnam at least they have rental servers where cheaters are not welcome and banned instantly
  • FantaPantz
    101 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    1:24:55 how did he see the enemy lying down and blended into the rocks so easily and zoom straight in? I could not see him. His ESP is just too good?

Not that difficult when you have nice big 1440p screen without youtube compression.

Let me preface this by saying I like Jack, and I often enjoy his videos and commentary. I think he is a skilled player.
    I undestand video compression on Youtube can play a factor. I think Jack generally plays BF at 2k. I'm watching that video on a 27 " 4k HDR gysnc 144hz monitor about 30cm from my eyes (20/20 with corrective lenses). But the video is encoded at only 1080p/60hz and there is some pretty severe compression artifacts during his movement. Definitley a loss of fidelity vs. the source.
    But... That enemy was prone, motionless, out of range of footsteps, wearing biome-appropriate camo., 75-100m out, and pretty far into Jack's periphery at the point he makes the turn directly to the enemies position and ADS. Only then does the enemy stand/crouch and move. After that, Jack say "there's a guy there."
    That enemy had only been in his periphery for about 2 seconds before he does this action. And just a few seconds earlier, befor he turned back to heading 335, looking over the bridge side, he had spent much more time with line-of-sight directly on that exact same area and even scoped in. He didn't notice him then. I assume Jack's monitor didn't change in those 6 seconds. I guess that enemy couldn't have moved into that spot and went prone in just those 6 seconds. But that seems unlikely.

So, it does make me wonder how Jack knew to rapidly move cursor exactly to that spot, and ADS on him. I wouldn't make a definitely conclusion. But, it does look a bit "fishy" to me. I'd like to see the raw source though.

I've watched that little section of clip a few times now and it's really fishy if you just watch that little section, especially frame by frame. Considering there's a whole mountain range there to randomly ADS at, he does a really good job of ADS right on the other player. You can actually see the player prone as soon as it scopes in. If you watch it in context the game he's playing, he heard shooting in that direction and keeps looking up there but not directly at the player. So could be just lucky.
  • Niick1402
    78 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Mhill2029 wrote: »
    Yup cheating is probably the worst I've seen in any BF game to date. BFV is certainly plagued by it....

So I had an idea, one way of "lifetime banning" someone's account could be done by the following method. This would also prevent any future copies purchased to do the same nonsense or those hiding behind a proxy or masking their IP, which most cheaters do.

Log the IP that was used when purchasing the game, the reason for this is most banks/credit card companies will not accept purchases from a proxy or a masked IP outside of the address where the payment method is registered to (fraud prevention). So upon installing/launching the game you will be presented with a pop up warning that your future game interaction will be registered using the following IP and will be final. Since external IP's provided by the ISP don't usually change.

If they purchased the game via another method Paypal etc, they will still be prompted to confirm the IP they will be using for future interactions with the game. So ie; when they are sitting at their desktop that will be then registered as the permanent locale to play from.

I dunno maybe i'm overthinking things.... but just my 2 cents.

You're not overthinking things at all here...
    You best not move to a new address if you want to keep playing on your own account that has multiple games purchases, Imagine steam doing this. A gaming laptop would also become pretty useless if you're not at home. Those with divorced parents will be happy with this anti-cheat measure of yours. Those with a dynamic ip would be even happier.
    A bank/payment processor might log the IP a purchase was made from but dont decline payments based on IP. They use a physical verification device that requires both a card and pincode before you can do any online transactions.
    Mhill2029 wrote: »
    Well I guess really the only way to reduce such activity from certain individuals is a monthly or quarterly subscription fee to access multiplayer. I know that maybe frowned upon by many, but it’s about time this sort of nonsense was stopped once and for all. Sure cheaters is something your gonna get no matter what, but I just don’t feel that enough is being done to prevent such activity.

The real nonsense here is making people who dont cheat pay extra to play a 60$€ game. Why should i be punished for the actions of others?
    jog0ff wrote: »
    the best way to end (or almost) using of software-powered-skill is removing any kind of stats (K/D etc.) and perks related to progress in the game, mean weapon / vehicle upgrades.
    keep it simply, everyone's having the same weapon / vehicles choice so no advantage. no stats=no cheaters. use to play Americas Army and as far as i remember there was no such things like stats and upgrades
    Everyone already has the same weapon/vehicle choice now, including the upgrades for them. Don't be surprised there's no people playing if there's no stats/progression or things to unlock/challenge a person. No players would also mean no more hackers so in a way that fixes the hacking problem wich oddly i don't experience.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    alienstout wrote: »
    i read on the dark web that the Cheat DEVS is having problems whit FF, the FF is verry argessive. and their users are getting banned… thats good News dhoo...

Hahaha, my coffee just spit out of my mouth. No, I don't believe this at all.

LOL same here, almost choked eating my lunch :smiley: , since when FF actually does anything?

FF was very effective when first introduced in BF4, the hack user forums were full of unhappy cheaters who had been banned. But the hack creators always adapt, and obviously they've found ways to reduce FF's effectiveness. Anti-cheat systems aside, a lot of this is EA's fault as their own policies are highly cheat-tolerant. If you can get caught using a hack in one EA game without losing access to other EA games, that's a company that isn't really serious about reducing the level of cheating.
  • TyroneLoyd
    1350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Any thoughts?

I have specific instance where a lvl 32 was dominating a grand op round (two days ago) but it never seemed like he was cheating till I would go heads up and he knew exactly where I was each engagement. Still popped him off but when I checked his stats they were rather poor so it would seem hes just augmenting his playtime and skills to slowly boost his stats. Usually these lower lvl players tend to be banned players that create a new account and rename it to the original cheaters name or just a new name all together but there is def an uptick in this method.
  • BadBudgieSmuggla
    252 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Any thoughts?

I read on one of the cheat sites that some players struggle with performance on high player number maps ie 64 player conquest when running their esp. So i avoided TDM and other modes with only 32 players I'm guessing cheats will be drawn to the lower total player modes based on reduced performance of their pc's when running hacks
  • BadBudgieSmuggla
    252 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    alienstout wrote: »
    i read on the dark web that the Cheat DEVS is having problems whit FF, the FF is verry argessive. and their users are getting banned… thats good News dhoo...

Hahaha, my coffee just spit out of my mouth. No, I don't believe this at all.

LOL same here, almost choked eating my lunch :smiley: , since when FF actually does anything?

FF was very effective when first introduced in BF4, the hack user forums were full of unhappy cheaters who had been banned. But the hack creators always adapt, and obviously they've found ways to reduce FF's effectiveness. Anti-cheat systems aside, a lot of this is EA's fault as their own policies are highly cheat-tolerant. If you can get caught using a hack in one EA game without losing access to other EA games, that's a company that isn't really serious about reducing the level of cheating.

Yep. The hack programmers kept up to date with their programming and EA EA Dice didn't keep up with anti cheat efforts and investment in that area. It's a no brainer. They thought they'd get away with doing very little on anti cheat and ot caught off guard. Either they didn't allocate budget to anti cheat or they just don't care and thought most wouldn't kick up a stink about it. Either way it's not good enough. That's why both companies are on my boycott list
  • ViolentMinds
    91 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    when someone goes 90-11 in domination and the next highest score in the game is like 29-15... rrrrrrrrrrrrighttt.
  • DigitalHype
    FantaPantz wrote: »

I've watched that little section of clip a few times now and it's really fishy if you just watch that little section, especially frame by frame. Considering there's a whole mountain range there to randomly ADS at, he does a really good job of ADS right on the other player. You can actually see the player prone as soon as it scopes in. If you watch it in context the game he's playing, he heard shooting in that direction and keeps looking up there but not directly at the player. So could be just lucky.

Yes. I did watch it in context twice. In fact, I watched that entire video when he released it. I also noticed the comment about him hearing shooting about 20 seconds before that turn. The problem is he did scan that exact area just a few seconds earlier (scoped in), and didn't see him. It could have been a lucky accident. But, that movement is so deliberate, it certainly doesn't seem like it. I don't know. I wouldn't draw a conclusion based on just that video. But, quite honestly, this isn't the first time I've though "Hmm..." when watching his vids.
This discussion has been closed.