This Week in Battlefield V

Why FG-42 buff?

Comments

• mf_shro0m
    1469 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    y_j_es_i wrote: »
    Personally I thought the FG-42 was s***e and preferred the KE-7 to it even after all the nerfs it got. Additionally it was worse than the sturmG and STG except when the bipod was deployed and so I saw no reason to use it whatsoever.
    It’s a real shame because I loved the gun in CoD WaW

The rarity of FG-42s on the battlefield is testament to general player consensus

I’m glad they buffed it tho I’m wary that they’ll take it too far but 🤞🏻

It's poor without the specializations, but once you've upgraded it the thing is a chainsaw, or at least that's what I've been finding.

Post-patch or pre-patch? I’ve used it a bit post-patch and it feels a lot better than it did before. I might actually start using regularly when playing as support
  • Soulbreeze
    358 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The FG was 2nd pick to the KE, but now... Well it still is, but it's decent now.
  • MachoFantast1c0
    2033 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    bran1986 wrote: »
    Kayback wrote: »
    Eh. I used the Bren over the FG42. I *personally* found it didn't have any benefit for the 20rd mag. I'm willing to give it a swing now.

Bren is the most underrated gun in the game IMO.

Agreed. It's not like I'm going to surpass 174 kills on Hamada any time soon.
  • Redstripe101
    2559 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm pretty set on the MG42 and dont enjoy the lmg cheese by support. But if this is buffed then I might have to use and abuse it before the next patch lol.
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I don't know if I'm just imagining things, or if there's something else going on, but the FG-42 feels kind of ... worse when I used it recently. It feels like it doesn't do that much damage anymore, even though the patch notes say nothing about changes in damage values.

Maybe I just need time to adjust to the gun again, or something ...
  • MachoFantast1c0
    2033 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I don't know if I'm just imagining things, or if there's something else going on, but the FG-42 feels kind of ... worse when I used it recently. It feels like it doesn't do that much damage anymore, even though the patch notes say nothing about changes in damage values.

You are imagining things, or suffering from hit reg issues.
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Maybe I am ... funnily enough, I've had a lot more success with the Suomi recently ... I might start using that more.
  • MachoFantast1c0

Maybe I am ... funnily enough, I've had a lot more success with the Suomi recently ... I might start using that more.

It comes highly recommended among tryhards.
  • KingRofty
    536 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Not just you!

I played quite a lot with the FG-42, but in the end I put it down, as the 20 round magazine and erratic recoil on PS4 just didn't cut it.

After the "buff", it feels like I need a whole magazine to get one kill with it. Rather switching back to the KE7, the 5 extra bullets make a huge difference.

Oh, the Suomi is amazing. For CQC it's a beast, but not really for medium/long engagements.
  • Kongo030
    655 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It's not a gun to use when switching guns a lot but sticking with the same it excels.
  • SirTerrible
    1703 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I recommend it! Wait..
  • MachoFantast1c0

I recommend it! Wait..

Gotcha! Now go change your sweaty pants.
  • aseveredfoot
    2446 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Kayback wrote: »
    Eh. I used the Bren over the FG42. I *personally* found it didn't have any benefit for the 20rd mag. I'm willing to give it a swing now.

Bren is the most underrated gun in the game IMO.

It's very trusty.
  • BFB-LeCharybdis
    816 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Best gun in the whole game, slap on the AA sights and it does the business from slaughtering medics in CQC to competing with the Assault at the medium to fairly decent long ranges. Manageable recoil and a beastly rate of fire.

I sort of hope more people don't realise just how good this gun is
  • bran1986
    5690 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Best gun in the whole game, slap on the AA sights and it does the business from slaughtering medics in CQC to competing with the Assault at the medium to fairly decent long ranges. Manageable recoil and a beastly rate of fire.

Most of us knew but dice is somehow clueless.
  • mf_shro0m
    1469 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Most of us knew but dice is somehow clueless.

I think the FG-42’s in a good place after the buff. Bufore the buff it was a wannabe KE-7 / wannabe sturmG. It’s definitely become better but it’s not OP and reall the second last unlock each class has should be good
  • M_Rat13
    1048 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Honestly it'll probably be a 'hidden gem'. The community won't bother with it becuase of the small mag, but those on YT will sing it's praises, and talk about how good it is. Which sadly yes, might give it a nerf.

Personally, I can live with a small mag. I've used the Suomi and Tommy gun with the ROF buff (no mag upgrade), and the same for the MG42. It just requires a different approach to the game, but they reward you. The FG42 is the same. Moreso, after the buff.
  • GrizzGolf
    989 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I cant wait to unlock it. Support is the class I don't play the most but I am actually enjoying it in BFV. I really want to use the Lewis. I heard it was a beast.
  • bran1986
    5690 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    M_Rat13 wrote: »
    Honestly it'll probably be a 'hidden gem'. The community won't bother with it becuase of the small mag, but those on YT will sing it's praises, and talk about how good it is. Which sadly yes, might give it a nerf.

Personally, I can live with a small mag. I've used the Suomi and Tommy gun with the ROF buff (no mag upgrade), and the same for the MG42. It just requires a different approach to the game, but they reward you. The FG42 is the same. Moreso, after the buff.

Same with the faster firing mp34, not sure why more people don't use it.
  • Halcyon_Creed_N7
    1329 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    All they did was slightly decrease horizontal recoil and everyone in here is acting like it's an EZ PZ God gun now. It still does the same amount of damage, still has the same 20 round mag, and still has that crazy vertical recoil. It's a good weapon, but not exactly auto-win.