Apex legends wipes the floor with firestorm

ReignerDeustcher
130 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited March 30
I've tried it and i had a blast, a lot of communication and commands to mark things and enemy, you can customize the weapons, the action is fast and good... firestorm is just lame, can't even chat with the squad, there's nothing interesting there besides driving the old cars

Comments

• Prep768
    3314 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 30
    But, but...... The helicopter?

Edit - you're right about the comms though, Apex is how FS should have done It - well
  • ReignerDeustcher
    130 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Prep768 wrote: »
    But, but...... The helicopter?

Edit - you're right about the comms though, Apex is how FS should have done It - well

and is outrageous not being able to pick all the game's weapons
  • ReignerDeustcher
    Apex was fun but has major flaws that cant be fixed easily. The hit boxes in Apex is a big reason why my group quit the game. You cant have characters that have up to a 140% difference in hit box sizes in a Battle Royale it really screws up balance.

Firestorm actually does a lot right that people dont give it credit for. Like starting with only about 60% of the map makes it feel like its almost 2-3 maps your playing in a rotation. Plus that one guy cant keep making you drop bunker every time. People complain about lack of weapons but if you think about it theres 48 weapons. 16 weapons with 3 tiers giving them different specializations and attachments. Firestorm has great quality coms but most of the time people will be off in their own groups or 90% of the time randos dont use coms.

why i'm enjoying a lot more apex then? i always was a BF player

• War_MachineXL
    56 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Apex was fun but has major flaws that cant be fixed easily. The hit boxes in Apex is a big reason why my group quit the game. You cant have characters that have up to a 140% difference in hit box sizes in a Battle Royale it really screws up balance.

Firestorm actually does a lot right that people dont give it credit for. Like starting with only about 60% of the map makes it feel like its almost 2-3 maps your playing in a rotation. Plus that one guy cant keep making you drop bunker every time. People complain about lack of weapons but if you think about it theres 48 weapons. 16 weapons with 3 tiers giving them different specializations and attachments. Firestorm has great quality coms but most of the time people will be off in their own groups or 90% of the time randos dont use coms.

why i'm enjoying a lot more apex then? i always was a BF player

Different people enjoy different things. Just pointing out that Firestorm has some good points as well.
  • Queen_mums_hip
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Apex has 1 of the worst shooting mechanics I have seen. It is truly awful. I believe you prob like it more because you were persuaded it was better by other people thoughts and opinion. The most important part of a shooting game is the gun mechanics.

BF V = 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 x better shooting mechanics than Apex
  • Queen_mums_hip
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 31
    delete
    Post edited by Queen_mums_hip on
  • ShevermiN
    357 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Dude apples to oranges the two game are totally different.
  • Kattegat_Twin
    588 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 31
    Apex seems really cool, at first. The sheen wears off really quickly though, at least it did for me. I uninstalled it after playing Firestorm. I think Firestorm is far superior, even with the couple of changes it badly needs.
  • TKing2
    54 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Firestorm has a few little flaws like not the most advanced ping system. Apex seems great at first but like others said the gunplay/mechanics are pure trash compared to Firestorm. Firestorm also has far superior graphics with same if not better performance than apex. Also the hitbox system kinda killed game for me and many others. You only see the tryhard champs everytime, Wraith no hitbox, Lifeline, Banga etc. Boring as hell.
    The Audio sucks in this game, i had 0 issues in Firestorm far superior. Solo mode in Firestorm not in Apex STILL.
    No obvious OP guns in firestorm like apex has e.g. wingman etc.
    Apex crashes constantly, Firestorm never did that for me though getting connected while playing squads can be an issue.
    Firestorm just feels far more rewarding in many aspects and feels like a polished BR. The so hated lootsystem isnt even that bad after a few hours. Yes occasionally you cant get what you need but thats rather rare and its also being worked on atm. Biggest flaw is in my opinion no permanent option for duos yet.
    Also Apex has a ton cheaters obv being free to play. Firestorm may have cheaters aswell but i havent found an obvious one in my 30-40 hours of firestorm yet.
  • Muxje
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Firestorm has plenty of room for improvement, however in terms of netcode and hitboxes, i.e. actually hitting stuff you're aiming at, I much prefer FS over Apex or PUBG. In FS it just seems all shootouts have been fair so far, I have lost when I should have, and won when I should have won. In Apex and certainly in PUBG that only rarely seemed to be the case, with my shots somehow never landing despite good aim, then getting shot around a corner or some such nonsense.

Firestorm gives me excitement instead of frustration, even when getting shot.
  • ReignerDeustcher
    ShevermiN wrote: »

both are battle royale wich is the same thing
  • dubnebula
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Respawn developed Apex and Criterion developed Firestorm. Pretty sure they are not the same.
  • ReignerDeustcher
    dubnebula wrote: »
    Respawn developed Apex and Criterion developed Firestorm. Pretty sure they are not the same.

i forgot that firestorm is battle royale and apex is a rally racing game
  • DrDrade
    51 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Firestorm is the best br ive played so far(not trolling). Played everything exept fortnite, well one battle doesnt count i guess:)
  • sabootheshaman
    353 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

So Gran Turismo and Mario kart are the same?

They are vastly different. You are projecting your subjective opinion and feelings onto the discussion.
  • ReignerDeustcher
    edited April 1

They are vastly different. You are projecting your subjective opinion and feelings onto the discussion.

mario kart and gran turismo different games of the same genre, we are talking about a GAME MODE
    but ok people, keep justifying with anything that because firestorm is different it is fine not to have a damn way to communicate with the squad
  • AnSyRs
    2 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I disagree with that :\ battlefield is literally based around teamwork and yet comms wheel is completely useless and pinging is garbage. Communication is more important than what gun you're carrying. If I need health or ammo or armor or anything really, I should be able to convey that to my squad. You don't gotta use it if you don't wanna but that's your choice. I think the bad comms is a serious flaw and I really hope they make an effort to fix it. Firestorm is incredible in every aspect. Just not the comms and ping. Both very simple fixes.
  • Jayremie570
    1592 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Meh, apex is ok for a f2p game. Until you realise that is your titanfall 3 right there and you get disappointed.

If titanfall 3 devolving into a one map microtransaction fest is any indicator of where games are going i'd rather not be a gamer then.
  • sabootheshaman
    353 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

mario kart and gran turismo different games of the same genre, we are talking about a GAME MODE
    but ok people, keep justifying with anything that because firestorm is different it is fine not to have a damn way to communicate with the squad

What are you talking about? You can communicate with the squad. You realise apex was first to do the ping system and it’s only 2 months old.

That being said I’m always on voice comms with my squad. You choose to play your way.

They are 2 completely different games though. Apex has more in common with fortnight than bfv. I don’t like how Apex plays. I sure as hell don’t go on the forums telling people about it.