Big history mistake you made in bfv

Mejefftheboy
10 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
I couldn't believe my eyes, In the BFV intro in single player, in Narvik,1940, i saw a friggin tiger tank before it was made in 1942!!! And why are the people in the plane wearing american uniforms before the U.S joined the war?

Comments

• doctorrocktor
    1786 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    No different from having tigers rolling around rotterdam or any other map.
  • Mishkin37
    678 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Or stabbing your buddy with a syringe - who just took a Kar98 to the face - so he can hop up and sprint away.
  • normzzzzzy
    96 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Mishkin37 wrote: »
    Or stabbing your buddy with a syringe - who just took a Kar98 to the face - so he can hop up and sprint away.

Or... bailing from a spitfire, killing an enemy, picking up their mg42, capturing alpha, bravo and Charlie and then proceeding to steal a tiger tank into which effect you then shoot down a Low flying enemy bomber. (You know, those “only in battlefield” moments)

This *historical inaccuracy* subject has been rinsed and repeated for too long
  • SixTouge
    148 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This and the "realism" expectations get a little out of hand sometimes, even when talking TTK/TTD.

There's a balance that needs to be struck between realism/accuracy and gameplay/fun. I think they've done a pretty good job when it comes to that balance.
  • normzzzzzy
    96 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    GrimeySix wrote: »
    This and the "realism" expectations get a little out of hand sometimes, even when talking TTK/TTD.

There's a balance that needs to be struck between realism/accuracy and gameplay/fun. I think they've done a pretty good job when it comes to that balance.

Agreed!

• CosmicStriker
    692 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    this is just a video game , not a simulator
  • die5el302
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's just a game not a history lesson .
  • Kevang039
    108 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    normzzzzzy wrote: »

Or... bailing from a spitfire, killing an enemy, picking up their mg42, capturing alpha, bravo and Charlie and then proceeding to steal a tiger tank into which effect you then shoot down a Low flying enemy bomber. (You know, those “only in battlefield” moments)

The extremely scripted and rehearsed moments.

I don't see that crap happening in my games and I sure as heck never see any of my teammates get behind 15 people and melee them all without being noticed.
  • Mejefftheboy
    10 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I also found out during grand operations, when you are the germans in the plane, the people are still wearing english uniforms and helmets instead of german equipments, can anyone explain this?
  • Stoys87
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    KPNuts74 wrote: »
    I couldn't believe my eyes, In the BFV intro in single player, in Narvik,1940, i saw a friggin tiger tank before it was made in 1942!!! And why are the people in the plane wearing american uniforms before the U.S joined the war?

You’re playing in a game where the British and German armies have lots of female troops and you’re concerned about the year of manufacture of a tank due to ‘historical accuracy’?

the reason this pisses people off is they need too be so **** accurate on everything. but to make a fun online gameplay experience is something they jeopardize.
    story can be accurate and online should be alot custom and fun. this game does not have anything. and what they do have is crap! and boring!
  • normzzzzzy
    Kevang039 wrote: »

I don't see that crap happening in my games and I sure as heck never see any of my teammates get behind 15 people and melee them all without being noticed.

Obviously not to that extent no, but, one can only dream.

We have all had those “only in battlefield moments” where by some miracle you’re actually able to pull off something that is quite epic.
  • Doc943
    34 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 31
    I think BF1 was more accurate in its story telling and narrated quite a somber picture of the horrors of trench warefare. I enjoyed BF1 for its commentary and I often searched Wikipedia for further information. Disappontingly, BF5 never followed the “realism” (ish) storyline or give greater historical depth which adds significant value to the visual and functional game (off-setting artistic drama that can often be excused).
  • CosmicStriker
    692 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    it's because BF1 was released at the 100th anniversary of the Great War , so adding some history to the story gave it a little more interest in to understanding that time.
    go watch "They Shall Not Grow Old" it shows what it really looked like then and gives the perspective of the young british fighters who really did not know what they were doing .
  • normzzzzzy
    It’s cool concept to have a snippets of history in a game because some players might actually use the game as a means of looking into the battles that actually happened. But, ultimately (I might draw some flak for saying this) we shouldn’t be using games as a history lesson. a game can only give us the slightest of insights to what actually happened.

I personally play battlefield games because they are a lot of fun (I’m not too fussed when it comes to realism and authenticity) All the battlefield games gives us a chance to use iconic weapons and vehicles in anyway you think is best. Granted it’s got its flaws but damn it’s a lot of fun!
  • crazzeesyko
    60 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 3
    Kevang039 wrote: »

The funny thing is once on hamada I managed to melee 7 people laying on a ridge. Only the 7th noticed me but it was barely too late for him to react. Not 15 but I still wish I recorded it now.