Repair tool is it OP or is it just right or is it not enough?

okiie_918
128 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
My honest opinion is it over powered. No cool down and repairs faster than one tank can shoot maybe two I haven't tried it enough to know! But just curious what people think. I can't believe it doesn't get abused more!!

Comments

• Jamesonoid
    406 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I was repairing a tank in a slug fest and the repair tool couldn't keep up. I don't know what my friendly was fighting but they kinda lost.
  • Pyr0Plazma
    375 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I was repairing a tank in a slug fest and the repair tool couldn't keep up. I don't know what my friendly was fighting but they kinda lost.

Were you using the Engineer specialization? Was he taking damage from multiple sources? What was the enemy tank?
  • Jamesonoid
    406 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Pyr0Plazma wrote: »

Were you using the Engineer specialization? Was he taking damage from multiple sources? What was the enemy tank?

No one the engineer spec, only one source and like I said I don't know what they were fighting.
  • Pyr0Plazma
    375 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Pyr0Plazma wrote: »

No one the engineer spec, only one source and like I said I don't know what they were fighting.

Use the engineer spec gives significantly higher repairing rate.
  • GrumbleSG9
    249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Mostly, I think it's okay as is. The person(s) repairing get taken out soon enough unless the enemy are completely oblivious or their tank isn't being supported in any way by infantry. I'm very biased though, I go buff up the tiniest of scratches on any friendly tank I see. I'm gonna start charging for my services for it takes a mighty toll on this numpty's k/d :D
  • Noodlesocks
    2642 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah, reminds me of the old BF3 days before repair tools were nerfed and tank battles were decided by whoever had the most engineers behind them. It should still be a viable tactic but it heals far too much damage in such a short time.
  • zenn_nme
    746 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I think it's weak, but that's solely because it can't damage enemy vehicles or burn enemies. :|
  • Trokey66
    8156 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Because it can't repair disables, no cool down seems appropriate. However, should that change then a cool down would be required.

And how can they be OP if they can't damage enemy Tonks!
  • CosmicStriker
    694 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    you are early on your April fools joke
  • M_Rat13
    804 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Does it really matter? Team work makes the dream work, and being a gunner on a tank (as a support who can also repair it), is the fastest way to level up on a tank, IMO. I just wish repairing a tank gaining you experience on that tank, however.
  • rainkloud
    548 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    We need to think of the repair tool as more like quick repair and medpacks. You should get a limited amount "ammo" for the repair tool and then it should be set on a hard timer. That is to say it will replenish itself automatically after say about 60 seconds.

If you want full repairs you can go to a station. Infinite damage sponging is bad for gameplay. Teamwork should be rewarded but is should have constraints just like everything else. Repair tool should be there to get you out of a jam, not to effectively provide you with a deflector shield.
  • y_j_es_i
    1280 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The repair rate’s fine but they need to give more points for risking yo **** to do it. That’s partly why currently so few do it
  • MBT_Layzan
    1395 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Should have an overheat but fix disables from outside the tank.
  • Digger_CB
    73 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    okiie_918 wrote: »
    My honest opinion is it over powered. No cool down and repairs faster than one tank can shoot maybe two I haven't tried it enough to know! But just curious what people think. I can't believe it doesn't get abused more!!

Under powered imho.
  • Hawxxeye
    5149 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It can cause an enemy trying to destroy the tank to punch his screen instead. That is a bit OP :D (April joke)
  • Marcusspinner
    243 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Very buggy, especially the animation of the torch (sometimes no flame) and the indicator of how much is repaired and gets repaired. Also unrealistic when the tank drives backwards and you slide with it while repairing. DICE where is the realisme?
  • Hawxxeye
    5149 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 1
    Very buggy, especially the animation of the torch (sometimes no flame) and the indicator of how much is repaired and gets repaired. Also unrealistic when the tank drives backwards and you slide with it while repairing. DICE where is the realisme?
    All of the realism budget has been expended on immersive screen-shake.
    ...and slow turret turning speed
    Post edited by Hawxxeye on
  • superteds
    1160 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

it's very realistic however to fix a tanks 'health' from anywhere on the outside of the vehicle by pointing a burny torch at it

ok
  • Trokey66
    8156 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    superteds wrote: »

it's very realistic however to fix a tanks 'health' from anywhere on the outside of the vehicle by pointing a burny torch at it

ok

Hitting it with a hammer would.be more realistic.....
  • GrumbleSG9
    249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    …. Also unrealistic when the tank drives backwards and you slide with it while repairing. ...

That's my favourite part, especially when it eventually stops dragging you underneath and you're suddenly exposed, repair torch in hand, dying in a hail of bullets cursing the Battlefield Gods.

Plus, it gives you a chance to dust the cobwebs from the underbelly of the tank driver who up to that point was employing the Drax method of invisibility. :D