Who's still ignoring Firestorm?

Comments

• TEKNOCODE
    10796 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Me

This is false because you spambot about it 24/7.
  • rainkloud
    548 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I have nothing against BR but the fact that money/resources went to another studio to create this when for example we still have an incomplete practice range (missing vehicles and specializations) which prevents proper testing and sandboxing leaves me diametrically opposed to Firestorm especially since they already have another game tackling this genre (Apex).
  • CPTN-Cr4ptastic
    1703 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I'm actually enjoying the heck out of it, I haven't played the base game since it dropped.
  • warslag
    1400 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    First they didn't include Firestorm at release which must've been because they were frightened it would be humiliated by BLOPS4. Leaving Firestorm out upset people.

Then they had Apex Legends - which is just a great game - they couldn't have foreseen that it would be such a massive success so close to the 'revised' Firestorm release date. So in the end they couldn't escape comparisons to a superior BR game anyway.

It's like DICE dodged a left-hook straight into a haymaker. But then again I don't know how many copies BFV has sold because of Firestorm. It still doesn't do Battlefield's reputation much good.
  • Skitelz7
    925 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Love it BUT there are no Oceania servers! Pings are triple multiplayer and make FIRESTORM unplayable.

Same here. I'm being forced to ignore it because I keep getting put in NA servers with 150+ ping.
    Unplayable.
  • Skitelz7
    925 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It is however the best battle royale game out right now.
    I just wish I could play on local servers.
  • kushmasta421
    29 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I've given it an honest try it's cool because it's the bfv world but battle Royale as a game mode sucks it's frustrating cycle of running around collecting crap till you die or win maybe get a couple kills in the process. Thus is not battlefield it's a lame child's game... We need more maps in conquest.
  • Granatenmaxe
    59 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Really tried to like it. Maybe I don't get it but did not have any fun. Mostly you run around or hide alone, collect some boring weapons and get shot. Game over. No action, no fun.
  • bigmatt9486
    94 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I played it till I got 1500 score for TOW so I could get my poop face camo
  • Digger_CB
    73 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Really tried to like it. Maybe I don't get it but did not have any fun. Mostly you run around or hide alone, collect some boring weapons and get shot. Game over. No action, no fun.

Yep same experience here no fun at all and don't see the interest in BR TBH. Plus the guns are horrible in FS
  • misisipiRivrRat
    807 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Tried it even though I'm not a fan of other BR's, and after trying it still not a fan. That's cool that others like it though.
  • Masqerader
    627 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I would like it more if it had an Urban Map
  • g0merpile
    541 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Me too
  • Head3masher
    1420 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I wish the map could be split and made into a conquest.
  • Malzius
    87 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    i really dont understand all the hate for firestorm, to me its the best mode in the game, it fits the gunplay of bfv pretty well, its nice to play it solo as well, its pretty well done, if they tune it and add duo soon it will be a blast. people should really try it out more than 1 or two games
  • The_BERG_366
    2292 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I played it like 3x, enough to know that I dont like the mode.

The only mildly annoying thing regarding firestorm is that the tides of war tree is specific to firestorm in one way or the other.

It didnt take long for me to get the 1500 points but I still felt there should be another option.

I don't see the issue with the assignments tbh. as u say it was only 1.5k points... something you will manage to get in a couple of games no matter what. this is a reasonable insentive for players to actually try out the mode in the first place and I know of people that didn't even want to bother with it but actually did try it due to the assignment and ended up enjoying it a lot. the same worked with squad conquest (even though there it was a lot more you had to do in this specific mode). All the assignment does is give you an insentive to actually try it out at least. and if you can't be bothered to even just try it out then you can still buy the reward with company coin in the end... nobody is forced to play it in any way whatsoever.
  • Queen_mums_hip
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ignoring this game is like not stopping for a guy giving out a billion dollars to the 1st person to talk to him.

Your loss and as Nelson would say HA HA

DICE did waste resources to make this game. It just turned out 100000000 better than any other part of the game. I think they should drop the rest of the game but we don't always get what we want
  • GrandMG42CamPeR
    269 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I tried it out the day it was released and didnt touch it then
  • ElliotLH
    8168 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Not so much ignoring it, really. I just haven't played it for the same reason I haven't played deathmatch or domination. I have no interest in the mode.

Still hoping they make conquest maps out of it so if that does happen, I'm more than happy for its inclusion.

This sums up my feelings very well. I've got nothing against the mode and the matches where I didn't get wiped out straight away were pretty good (even won one somehow) but I probably won't continue playing it unless I have to for an assignment, or a friend wants to give it a go, as it's just not for me.
  • -Antares65z
    1635 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The time EA invested in this mode would have been better spent fixing glaring issues with the game and providing more content.