Poll - Did you/Do you want BATTLE ROYAL? Vote now!

Comments

• Cpt_Blitz_26
    294 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2019
    This forum is broken haha... editing/deleting is a nightmare.
    Post edited by Cpt_Blitz_26 on
  • Cpt_Blitz_26
    294 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2019
    Another late edit/ haha wow
    Post edited by Cpt_Blitz_26 on
  • UsainskiSemperFi
    540 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    don't want it.
  • FantaPantz
    101 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Battle Royal is the opposite of what Battlefield should be. Bring Battlefield back to what made this series great. Please make us Battlefield 2....um ..err.. 2?
  • Kayback
    367 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    FantaPantz wrote: »
    Battle Royal is the opposite of what Battlefield should be. Bring Battlefield back to what made this series great. Please make us Battlefield 2....um ..err.. 2?

Battlefield 2 Squared?
  • UltraMG42Camper
    329 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I didnt know what it was before the release. Now I know what it is and I didnt like it at all.
  • Lexen
    62 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Seems to me (and the votes seem to agree) that most BF fans don't care for BR very much and this was DICE attempt at drawing in BR fans to the franchise. Unfortunately it seems to be at the price of neglecting the current player base.
  • HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Lexen wrote: »
    Seems to me (and the votes seem to agree) that most BF fans don't care for BR very much and this was DICE attempt at drawing in BR fans to the franchise. Unfortunately it seems to be at the price of neglecting the current player base.

Do you know how small of a portion of the BF community comes to these forums? You’re delusional lol.
  • PoppaPappo
    241 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    bobbyjw wrote: »

Do you know how small of a portion of the BF community comes to these forums? You’re delusional lol.

With over 11 thousand posts on a forum that hardly anyone sees maybe your the one delusional lol

What? 10 thousand of those posts are the same 7 people going “mapsmapsmaps!”
  • HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2019

With over 11 thousand posts on a forum that hardly anyone sees maybe your the one delusional lol

Man you got me. I’m wounded forever.
    PoppaPappo wrote: »

He’s talking about my post history.
  • DirtyDog1974
    316 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Tried FS, did not really enjoy it. When trying to play squads kept getting an error message. That and horrible inventory system pretty much ruined it for me.
  • PoppaPappo
    241 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Man you got me. I’m wounded forever.
    PoppaPappo wrote: »

He’s talking about my post history.

Ah, I see! Whoops!
  • full951
    2468 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I don't not want it. I'm happy it exist. I just really hope it wasn't half the resources that would of otherwise gone to bfv
  • TheInfielder
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    First things first. The map on which Firestorm takes place is great. Feels like BF1942 El Alamein in it's size. I would love to play CQ on it, cause this really could be vehicle warfare. The game mode, i.e. Battle Royal never attracted me to play other similar games, so i was quite disappointed when I heard about a BR Mode will be in BF V. With the introduction of weekly challenges it was clear, that DICE/EA will put on challenges for Firestorm as well. It's an easy way to get people play new game modes, which for some people are non attractive and to populate the "servers". It's like "you want a shiny new helmet/weapon skin/uniform, play what we want you to play". It's okay and I'm fine with it. The first two chapters had some annoying game modes for me. But okay, I'm a completionist and Iif want to have it all, I have to play it all, even if I don't like it.

After achieving everything in both chapters, I was at a point, that i don't want to play BF V anymore. So I took a break and came back for chapter 3: Firestorm. Also i was reluctant to play a BR game mode. By looking into the challenges ahead, I was happy to see, that EA/DICE put in a fast lane where you don't need to play Firestorm only. But for the ultimate chapter earnings to complete all the XP needed, you will need to play Firestorm. Every chapter is Firestorm focused.

So i gave the BR mode a try and played quite a few rounds. After 3 days with some decent tries (solo mode and random squad mode), I know why I don't like this kind of game mode. It's mostly about camping, which I actually hate. Camping is not my kind of play style and I'm getting killed all the time out of the nowhere (a thing that used to happen in the past after the TTK changes, people camping between 2 flags and not playing the objective, just going for k/d). But yeah it's okay for me. I now know, I won't be able to achieve the necessary xp to get the ultimate progression level for this chapter. This annoys me as a completionist. I simply don't want to play a camping based game.

The solo mode with the broken netcode is more of gambling game (does my bullet hit the hitbox, or will the miss digitial internet frame "miss" it's target) than being about "skill". I have usually in all gamemodes a latency from 14 to 18, peaks to 21 ms. Hitting people above 100+ ms is already annoying due to lag. In a teambased game mode this is compensated by your teammates. In Firestorm solo mode your team will.... oh there is no team. So I get lagged to death by hi pingers. I get constant warnings ingame for latency, although netgraph says everything is fine.

So let's play the squad mode, there I will have a team, a random team but it's a team. The game starts and after the chuting the whole team is astray on the map... I try to stick at least to one other squad member who runs away and getting wrecked by 3 guys with the same clan tag. In most game modes you can compensate clan teams due to the fact you only have 2 sides. In Firestorm you have 15 other teams in the game and the communication doesn't work. Many people now will say, hey find some people and play with them. But that is my problem, I play this game usually alone and not with friends in a squad due to time constraints. And the guys I sometimes play with, don't like BR games either.

So for me this "DLC" is a waste. I don't like it and feel frustrated that DICE/EA put so much effort in it, instead of giving us some new factions (feels like WW2 was just Germany vs Britain) or new large scale maps. I try my fast lane to at least get the weekly achievement. And after that, I will wait for the next week.

I absolutely understand why EA wants this game to have a BR mode. It's economical a good idea, because so many people like this game mode. But I think that is not what the BF community (i.e. BF veterans) want.

My 2 Cents on the Firestorm...
  • FlubbyJig
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Vote up this comment if you DO NOT WANT battle royal mode in BF5

(see comment above for do want).

Voted that.
  • Metal_Jockets
    247 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm not sure if it's just me...but.. it seems ever since firestorm was introduced the player count of BFV base game has dropped ... From memory the principal argument for not introducing Premium content to this game was due to the fact that it split the player base... which is what Firestorm is doing right now.
  • M_Rat13
    1464 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    BR games are popular right now. Why wouldn't a games company, who wants to make money, include a BR mode in their game? Just be glad we get a full game on top of the gamemode for our money, unlike COD and PUBG (seriously, and people say BFV has a lack of content lol).
  • DirtyDog1974
    316 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Good news is Dice is taking over FS now, so that means less resources going to core game. Yay, right?
  • Digger_CB
    73 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Firestorm is complete garbage and I am pretty much over the game till they release the Crete map.