Battlefield 5 vs Battlefield 4

xHonest_Abe
82 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Back in the year when Battlefield 4 first came out, players would go online early in the evening to have a spot on their favorite server. Back then, many of the players played on the same server and no matter which side you were on it was like a big family. Playing the locker or subway maps, there was always players waiting to get on well run servers. Cheaters and players disrupting the game were quickly eliminated by real admins on the server. Many Battlefield 4 servers repeated the same good maps over and over, and many players could not get enough of it.
I was expecting the same excitement when Battlefield 1 first came out, but things had change. It was not until Battlefield 5 I realized we would never go back to the fun days when players knew each other and liked the same maps. Sad :'( Many of the popular servers had forums that members and players kept in touch, nothing like now, were everything is generalized.
Running some of the current maps 24/7 ( such as Rotterdam, Devastation) on Battlefield 5 would bring back some of the fun. Restoring the player clan owned servers would really draw players back. I guess real fun does not fit in the business model now, but it was fun back then.

Comments

• pimpuk
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    them days are well and truly over dude , bf1 and bf5 have killed what was left of the community ,its getting harder and harder to turn the pc on and give my time up for this
  • Psychloan
    74 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's like they've taken a page out of the Apple play book. We are told what we want, what to like and when to like it. Everything is "working as intended" and if something is not right "you're holding it wrong".
    Whoever ran the BF4 servers really knew what the community wanted which is why some were constantly full. Hell even 24/7 Metro servers were full even though it's one of the most polarizing love/hate map. If there was a specific server rule (eg: no explosives) then you were told once when you joined or used it the 1st time then everyone followed the rule and had a great time. Someone cheating? Insta-ban. I even saw quite a few ppl get kicked not for cheating, but for "not playing in the spirit of BF".
    There is no map in BF5 I want to play over and over.
  • TFBisquit
    1078 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    That's because rounds are short and filled with randoms. I had some good rounds in rush, a mode I never really liked before. Even the panzerstorm week was fun eventually. Playing the same map over and over gives it a different feel. Especially since you play with like-minded players. Eventually no one quits before the round ends. And you really get the flow of a map if it's 24/7.
  • jog0ff
    135 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Psychloan wrote: »
    It's like they've taken a page out of the Apple play book. We are told what we want, what to like and when to like it. Everything is "working as intended" and if something is not right "you're holding it wrong".
    Whoever ran the BF4 servers really knew what the community wanted which is why some were constantly full. Hell even 24/7 Metro servers were full even though it's one of the most polarizing love/hate map. If there was a specific server rule (eg: no explosives) then you were told once when you joined or used it the 1st time then everyone followed the rule and had a great time. Someone cheating? Insta-ban. I even saw quite a few ppl get kicked not for cheating, but for "not playing in the spirit of BF".
    There is no map in BF5 I want to play over and over.

yeah, use to love metro as it was pushing team-play to the limits ...so gave it a shout recently on some German server and ...oh boy, all what I've experienced was cheatfest, was headshoted from the end of the tunnel when in US spawn through the smoke and flares. Ok, once it can be luck but several times? plus some other funny things like sniped down from LMG. When called a cheat, was told by one of guys playing with tag same as the server that if I dont like, can always leave ...what a spirit
  • g0merpile
    482 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    pimpuk wrote: »
    them days are well and truly over dude , bf1 and bf5 have killed what was left of the community ,its getting harder and harder to turn the pc on and give my time up for this

I with YA bro, been using more of linsuks. Seems playing those 2d dukenukeem games seem better developed
  • -aarp-19Crib
    713 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    BF4 was good because it was pretty fair, had better ways to flank, and had private servers where rules were enforced. Cheats, hacks, etc. Those guys were kicked or banned or both. You knew the mod's did their best to keep them out. I really don't think EA cares.
    BF4 was the peak of the BF series, BF1 substituted eye candy and special effects to cover lack of creativity.
    BF1 is OK, and if they could get their credibility back in anti cheat, that would help a lot. People don't sign up to have a lousy time.
  • BaronVonGoon
    6270 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    BFV was the final stab that killed console gaming for me. I quit console gaming for many reasons but what finally pushed me over the edge was BFV. The netcode, lag, garbage server refresh rates, garbage controls, cardboard graphics etc...

Yes, I know once I get my PC I'll have to contend with PC issues like hackers. But atleast I don't have to go through being an FPS gamer and RTS gamer stuck on the console platform that sucks the life out of gamers who enjoy these genres. I'm actually looking forward to doing a little BF4 on PC, I had quit BF4 on console because the graphics really aged there, but on PC they look like a good upgrade over console BF4.

Can't wait to get back into RTS games too, any recommendations? Tropico 6 looks good.
  • xKusagamix
    818 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    BF4 was good because it was pretty fair, had better ways to flank, and had private servers where rules were enforced. Cheats, hacks, etc. Those guys were kicked or banned or both. You knew the mod's did their best to keep them out. I really don't think EA cares.
    BF4 was the peak of the BF series, BF1 substituted eye candy and special effects to cover lack of creativity.
    BF1 is OK, and if they could get their credibility back in anti cheat, that would help a lot. People don't sign up to have a lousy time.
    BF1 lack creativity? Literally the only "creativity" in BF4 compare to BF3 is "Levolution"