Finally DICE devs decided to interact with the forum community.

Hawxxeye
5366 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
edited April 1
April fools joke, no way this would actually happen.
PS: though a part of me wishes this ends up being the reverse psychology that was needed...
Edit: If you feel that is an issue maybe we should keep this up until the end of April 1st at least.
Post edited by Hawxxeye on

Comments

• Prep768
    3430 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Lol!!
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5388 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Damn, I almost hoped it really happened. But then...
  • xKusagamix
    933 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Body is 5 characters too short.
    why-must-you-be-so-cruel-why.jpg
  • Dr_X2345
    774 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think they've said that the reason they don't really interact here is that there's quite a lot of posts, so people would be like 'they commented on his post, why not mine' and proceed to make another pointless thread roasting them.
    That said, it would be nice if they commented on posts that got a lot of attention and official feedback threads a little more often, just so it doesn't feel so much like we're shouting into the void. I think they do sometimes look through, but don't comment for the reason above. Although there are quite a lot of posts on Reddit and they comment there...
  • Trokey66
    8262 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Oh, good one!
  • Hawxxeye
    5366 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 1
    Dr_X2345 wrote: »
    I think they've said that the reason they don't really interact here is that there's quite a lot of posts, so people would be like 'they commented on his post, why not mine' and proceed to make another pointless thread roasting them.
    That said, it would be nice if they commented on posts that got a lot of attention and official feedback threads a little more often, just so it doesn't feel so much like we're shouting into the void. I think they do sometimes look through, but don't comment for the reason above. Although there are quite a lot of posts on Reddit and they comment there...
    I have had a 200+ upvote topic about the 75mm path of the JU-88C being not viable after the blast nerf on reddit but it was ignored. Perhaps they did not wanted to reply on a post calling them out for not knowing that the 75mm path loses the bombs.
  • crabman169
    12841 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Dice does interact with this forum; they just ignore it all anyway
  • Hawxxeye
    crabman169 wrote: »
    Ignoring is not an interaction :P
  • CrashCA
    1008 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Click bait, you got me
    Should have known better

Even their promises on "better communication" are ????, see"Community Broadcast 001"
  • Dr_X2345
    774 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    Dr_X2345 wrote: »
    I have had a 200+ upvote topic about the 75mm path of the JU-88C being not viable after the blast nerf on reddit but it was ignored. Perhaps they did not wanted to reply on a post calling them out for not knowing that the 75mm path loses the bombs.

That's fair, but not responding is different to just ignoring it completely. I think them not responding is to avoid it potentially looking like bias - or from people interpreting it as bias, rather. A reply on each thread that gets attention would be nice, but is never going to happen - there's obvious problems with logistics, although people tend to ignore factors like that and just flame the devs for not answering their thread when they see they responded on a different one.
  • Redstripe101
    2546 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Ameeba37 wrote: »
    If I was a dev I'd stay away from this place

which probably correlates with why its the biggest BF flop in a long time. Hardline comes to mind. Dont quit your day job
  • crabman169
    12841 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    crabman169 wrote: »
    Ignoring is not an interaction :P

Nah I mean they read it and may post but otherwise they dismiss this place which isn't entirely bad because there are some real shockers here

Remember that assignment feedback thread? Literally only two changes, instead of getting 5 kills with a puzzle melee weapon it was 25 kills with the nail knife (dlc weapon) and any lmg instead of destroying two planes with a Madsen trench
  • Toxic_CA
    858 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I dont see why the dev's would interact with the community. 90 percent of the people here act like they dont have any sense
  • Redstripe101
    2546 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Toxic_CA wrote: »
    I dont see why the dev's would interact with the community. 90 percent of the people here act like they dont have any sense

its called customer service

• rainkloud
    548 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm definitely in the camp that says they should make their presence felt here more but I do want to point out that they likely do browse the forum at least and I know the mods and community managers try to take some of the more pressing issues to the devs.

I think the larger problem is just been ,on the one hand, output like terms of maps, RSP, Practice Range etc...and on the other hand flawed execution like with vehicle ammo bug, Level 50 colonels not getting CC, patches that introduce major bugs.

Going slightly off topic here but I was looking at the Twitch metrics and BR has definitely given BFV an injection of activity again. Now whether that's new buyers or just old ones logging in again remains to be seen but already there appears to be a pretty significant drop in numbers so we'll see what kind of staying power it has. I wonder if this trend continues if the amount of BR players will make up for all the players like myself who are leaving. I reckon it will as BR is just so hot right now. It's the personification of many of this generation. Grab everything for yourself and look out for number 1. Me me me oh and also, me.

Teamwork based games are just a distant second. What a sad and unexpected end to a potentially great franchise. But seriously, congrats to the person who made the decision to produce Firestorm. It took balls to propose it and to trivialize the ww2 theme while jettisoning your historically core constituents. But you looked at the numbers and made what will likely be the better move for your shareholders and I can respect that.
  • Hawxxeye
    edited April 2
    So it is like a cook who does not taste their own original cooking ever and stay locked in their kitchen.
    You know, like those in comedies who make the others faint after eating
    Look up on Youtube "Gordon Ramsay's Funniest Moments on Kitchen Nightmares UK "
  • Hawxxeye
    Toxic_CA wrote: »
    So it is like a cook who does not taste their own original cooking ever and stay locked in their kitchen.
    You know, like those in comedies who make the others faint after eating
    Look up on Youtube "Gordon Ramsay's Funniest Moments on Kitchen Nightmares UK "

Here is how a typical thread would look like if a dev came to this [email protected]&& community

Dev: hey guys how are you?

Community: ^#&£ YOU DICE WORST BATTLEFIELD GAME EVER YOU GUYS DONT DO CRAP FIX THE GAME NO ONE ASKED FOR FIRESTORM YOU GUYS DONT LISTEN US AND BY US I MEAN ME BALANCE THE GAME TO HOW I WANT IT
    At times like that I say "Ignore the badly written feedback and reward the well written and helpful feedback with replies."
    This would foster the creation of more well written feedback instead of what happens now which is the equivalent of someone trying to say something to someone with hearing problems by yelling louder and louder.
This discussion has been closed.